Home
Posted By: stikshooter Drop camp outfitters - 01/26/20
Looking to do a drop camp hunt in Colorado season 2021. This would be a first out of state hunt for me, would like to know any good outfitters you have had dealings with. Plans are on second season, right now.

Thanks
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Drop camp outfitters - 01/26/20
J bar H outfitter out of Meeker CO.Jeanne Horne the owner and operator. Great camps in great elk habitat, great gear ,great staff , great livestock and one of the nicest ladies you would want to meet.

Best be calling now as she and most top quality outfitters are signing up clients now. They will be booked for 2021 by mid spring,early summer. Most of her clients are repeats.

Hard to get booked for single hunters though. Probably true with most.

She lives at her base camp now from about May thru end of 3rd season.Then goes to Texas for the Winter .I think her address is now Hamilton,Co .It is about 25 miles south of Craig CO.Public land hunts in Unit 12.
Posted By: stikshooter Re: Drop camp outfitters - 01/26/20
Right now there are three of us planning on going. I have heard her name mentioned before. I will look into her.
Thanks
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Drop camp outfitters - 01/26/20
Is Colorado your only choice?
Posted By: stikshooter Re: Drop camp outfitters - 01/27/20
I would be open to other places. The OTC tags were what we were looking at.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Drop camp outfitters - 01/27/20
For Montana or Wyoming you might look into this .This guy does everything to set you up from DYI to a full guided hunt.Not too expensive either.

http://www.headinwest.net/

You can also find him at WapitiTalk.com. User Name Indian Summer
Posted By: skitish Re: Drop camp outfitters - 01/27/20
Samuelson Outfitters in Granby, Co.
Posted By: Blackbrush Re: Drop camp outfitters - 01/31/20
Highlands Unlimited - they stay fully booked - great folks
Posted By: stikshooter Re: Drop camp outfitters - 02/01/20
Thanks for the suggestions. Going to be looking into them
© 24hourcampfire