Home
Posted By: Kenpyoung Hunt planning - 05/02/20
Years ago there was a guy on the forum who offered help with Colorado elk hunt planning for a fee. Is this guy still around? Tried a search but did not get the results I was looking for. He had a web site where you could plug in hunt information and he would make suggestions for hunt locations.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Hunt planning - 05/02/20
Lots of readily available information out there these days. For free.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Hunt planning - 05/03/20
Could have been Scott Ross. He gets on here every once in awile as MuleyStalker. You can find him on FB. In Wyoming, checkout a guy that goes by Indian Summer on the forum Wapititalk.com
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Hunt planning - 05/04/20
There is a company called Go Hunt that has useful info, they are often touted by Randy Newberg who has good info on each state's draws and methodologies. Start w/ a good mapping program and go from there.

the planning is a big part of the fun after you get the tag.

mike r
Posted By: exbiologist Re: Hunt planning - 05/04/20
That was something I used to do. I don’t do that any more, lots of other options out there now.
Posted By: wytex Re: Hunt planning - 05/09/20
Wyoming just passed a law banning the sale of geographic location for game animals, so called scouting services for a fee.
Hunt area recc. shouldn't be an issue.
Lots of forums with good info out there, just don't expect anyone to give you specifics on where to go.
Posted By: elkmen1 Re: Hunt planning - 06/24/20
Go hunt is an outstanding resource, especially tag draw odds and success rates. I frequently reference them,
© 24hourcampfire