Home
First time taking my new Lowa GTXs out of the house....broke a lace hook in the first mile! I know every manufacturer has defects....but c'mon, why does it always seem like I'm the guy who gets them! crazy

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KyxZ6rdv5TrLpWtj7

No excuses when you're paying that kind of money for what are supposed to be quality boots.
Sorry you got stuck. Thanks for the heads up.
I emailed the vendor for warranty replacement, hopefully it's just a fluke.
I used to have those boots and I saw several reports of the same. It eventually happened to mine too but they were so used by then that I really couldn’t complain.
Wow. That looks like cheap pot metal. I hope Lowa hasn't tried to go the cheaper route lately, like so many other companies have.
I have been sporting Lowas since the early '90s w/out a problem. I hope the bean counters haven't taken over.

mike r
I’ve had several pairs of Lowas over the years, last 2 pairs were the gtx’s without any issues. Between me and friends we probably have 8-10 pairs and I’ve never heard of an eyelet breaking on them. Hopefully they get you fixed up quickly.
Its a fluke...they are great boots. Glad it happened now and not this fall
That's a bummer and hopefully a fluke. I used to wear the chit of Keen boots and sandals, but within the last 3 or 4 years, they've really gone downhill. Had 2 pairs of boots and one pair of Newport H20 that the sole separated within a couple of months, so I refuse to buy them now.
Hope they make it right. Such a small part to go cheap
I just took out my Tibets tonite for the maiden voyage and the right boot rubbed pretty good on my chin. The left was perfect only did 3 miles and come back home. I adjusted the laces a few times while hiking. Maybe I need to where some high socks with em.
Originally Posted by gutthooked
the right boot rubbed pretty good on my chin.

I think that indicates you're wearing them wrong. grin
Maybe hes just really short!😁
and needs some really high socks....
Originally Posted by huntsman22
and needs some really high socks....

LOL
guthooks socks?
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by gutthooked
the right boot rubbed pretty good on my chin.

I think that indicates you're wearing them wrong. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hey guys I meant shin, lol thanks for the laughs
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
That's a bummer and hopefully a fluke. I used to wear the chit of Keen boots and sandals, but within the last 3 or 4 years, they've really gone downhill. Had 2 pairs of boots and one pair of Newport H20 that the sole separated within a couple of months, so I refuse to buy them now.

Yes my latest keens are falling apart too
Samehappened with mine. I have recently gone to Han wag Tatra tops in wide and they are as good or better than the lowas which I used for 15 years.
China virus, china lace hooks, fail on both.
Bought some RedHeads(?) Bass Pro store brand.
Almost every hook straightened and faild.
I wrote to them complaining about the soft metal in the hooks. They told me I could carry them to a shoe shop and have the hooks replaced.
Gess that is one reason I seldom think about shopping there!
© 24hourcampfire