Home
Posted By: MnFn Sinclair benchrest - 09/29/22
I have a black Sinclair benchrest that I am not using any longer. It is in good shape, windage adjustable. I see new ones going for around $450.

I have a buyer interested but not sure what I should get for it.
Thanks,
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Sinclair benchrest - 09/29/22
Originally Posted by MnFn
I have a black Sinclair benchrest that I am not using any longer. It is in good shape, windage adjustable. I see new ones going for around $450.

Thanks,

Vague post. I'm assuming you are talking about a front rest. You don't give model information. Don't say if it is RH or LH specific. When guys ask for estimates this is typical. "I have a Winchester model 70, how much is it worth?"... "Good shape". No pics. As per usual..
Posted By: MnFn Re: Sinclair benchrest - 09/29/22
Yep you’re right.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Sinclair benchrest - 09/29/22
FWIW, I bought one for $60 a couple years ago. The widow lady's "knowledgeable" (smartass) son put "firm" prices on all the stuff. I didn't argue.
$61 dollars then!
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Sinclair benchrest - 09/30/22
Yep you’re right.

I know I'm right. ha ha. ..
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
FWIW, I bought one for $60 a couple years ago. The widow lady's "knowledgeable" (smartass) son put "firm" prices on all the stuff. I didn't argue.

What did he do when you backed the truck up to the garage door? ha ha..
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Sinclair benchrest - 09/30/22

Thanks,

Sinclair sold quite a few front rests through the years, including one made by Hart for Sinclair. It's important to know which one you have as the top options and other features can be a big portion of the value. Feel free to send me the pics here by PM (or text pics if you wish) and I'll identify it for you.

Good shootin'. smile -Al
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Sinclair benchrest - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus

Thanks,

Sinclair sold quite a few front rests through the years, including one made by Hart for Sinclair. It's important to know which one you have as the top options and other features can be a big portion of the value. Feel free to send me the pics here by PM (or text pics if you wish) and I'll identify it for you.

Good shootin'. smile -Al

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Used is fugging used. 75% of new and I would be hard pressed to pay that.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Sinclair benchrest - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Thanks,

Good shootin'. smile -Al

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A front rest is hard to wear out swifty. At "75% of new" price, that is still pretty high. The op is not saying which model he has and I even outlined some of the features it may have. The one gnoahhh bought is a prime example of how you get good deals on used stuff. I buy used all the time. Some schidt can be money makers. Leupold rifle scopes for example. I'll run across some for $200 and turn around and sell them for $375. There's a way to be smart about schidt. If you don't like buying used, that means more for guys like me and the other smart guys that I sell to. My only concern is if the OP is selling this front rest, I sure hope he describes it a whole hell of a lot better than he is here. I wouldn't give $10 based on the lack of description here. I bought a very solid front rest the other day for $15. It would last a guy a lifetime and work well without all the un needed bs some of these fancy rests have.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Sinclair benchrest - 09/30/22
What’s funny bud is this, Al states that he can put a exact value on it when he can’t. I can’t, you can’t, nobody can. He can put a price ~75% of new, buyer either buys, deals or walks. Depends on how bad the buyer wants it.
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Sinclair benchrest - 09/30/22
What’s funny bud is this, Al states that he can put a exact value on it when he can’t.

You might want to go back and actually read what I wrote.

I said I can help him identify what he has. No where in my post did I say anything about assigning a value to what the gentleman has.
Posted By: EdM Re: Sinclair benchrest - 10/01/22
Swifty is "lacking" apparently...
Posted By: FC363 Re: Sinclair benchrest - 10/07/22

Thanks,

Good shootin'. smile -Al

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The SEB NEO costs $1400. Used go for......$1400. If you had to have one badly enough, that's what you would have to pay for it. The market determines the price.
Posted By: lotech Re: Sinclair benchrest - 11/10/22
I bought a Hart pedestal rest from Sinclair more than thirty years ago, before Sinclair marketed one with their name on it. The Hart is a basic pedestal rest but a good, heavy one (17 lbs. without a sandbag) that won't move around on the bench. I've used it regularly and have never wished for anything better. I don't know if these are still being made but there should be some used ones out there.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Sinclair benchrest - 11/14/22
Put stock in what Al Nyhus says. He has been around the turnip patch more than once and didn't fall off the wagon.
Sinclair had 2 versions, one that was like the Hart, but better quality and the competition version that was a very heavy version based on a very thick aluminum plate and not the 3 legged version.
© 24hourcampfire