Home
Posted By: ctw M40 sniper clone FS - 04/18/23
Probably not the right spot for this but know you guys love accurate rifles. Needing a new home is a M40-66 rifle companies marine sniper clone. The tiny 3 round 100 yard group my father shot with the rifle wearing the pictured Simmons scope which is very limiting. The load is a friends pet F class load will be included for the new owner. the COL is to long for the magazine so with that load a ss
In 2020 the rifle cost to build north of 3700. The write up gives the specs not sure how long it would take if you ordered one of these? Needing 2700 plus shipping. Please PM with interest

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/66th-companys-m4066-sniper-rifle/376391

http://m40-66.com/

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/18352332/m40-66
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/18/23
Originally Posted by ctw
Probably not the right spot for this but know you guys love accurate rifles. Needing a new home is a M40-66 rifle companies marine sniper clone. The tiny 3 round 100 yard group my father shot with the rifle wearing the pictured Simmons scope which is very limiting. The load is a friends pet F class load will be included for the new owner. the COL is to long for the magazine so with that load a ss
In 2020 the rifle cost to build north of 3700. The write up gives the specs not sure how long it would take if you ordered one of these? Needing 2700 plus shipping. Please PM with interest

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/66th-companys-m4066-sniper-rifle/376391

http://m40-66.com/

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/18352332/m40-66

Was he ever able to hit the x-ring? 10 shots in there would be a better pic.
Posted By: Bugger Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/19/23
The only M40 I shot was very accurate. 3/4" group at 300 meters
Posted By: GaryLL1959 Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/19/23
Sorry ctw, I was about to tell you that some azz bullschitt artist would be by shortly to tell you that there wasn't enough shots in the group, etc.
He's just that way, has to turn everything into a pecker measuring contest.
Posted By: ctw Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/19/23
We never did “zero” the rifle only put it on paper. I pictured the group to show the rifles capabilities it shoots better than I can or most for that matter.
Posted By: mauserfan Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/20/23
FYI - If anyone buys this M40.....I have Redfield Gen 2 (1970-73) 3x9x40 USMC Ranging Reticle Civillian Scope that I would sell. I believe it would mate to this rifle well. This is a great looking rifle that you have.
Darrel Wick
Posted By: Big Stick Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/21/23
PURE fhuqking Snake Oil Bullschit. Hint.

The follower is neither milled or polished. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Though barrel "tolerances" are held to .00001". Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/21/23
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Hint.

First time that I have agreed with the stick!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/21/23
BitchLambert is a CLUELESS Lying Piece Of fhuqking Schit,who claims to have me on Ignore,despite greedily reading my EVERY word and gawking EVERY Splendid Pixel...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It's been a "slow" day,again today. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
Posted By: rickt300 Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/22/23

Hint.

Zero headspace? Hate to say it but that is BS.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/22/23
BitchLambert is a CLUELESS Lying Piece Of fhuqking Schit,who claims to have me on Ignore,despite greedily reading my EVERY word and gawking EVERY Splendid Pixel...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It's been a "slow" day,again today. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Hey MOUTH, I have nobody on ignore. I bother the [bleep] out of you and you can't handle it.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/22/23
BitchLambert,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST,you are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Stupidity is fhuqking HILARIOUS and your countless Insecurities are very WELL founded. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.........................
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/22/23
A friend that collects military rifles has a '67 vintage real-deal M40, though it's missing the matching serial numbered Redfield scope mount.

I've both examined and shot it. There are a lot of subtle nuances on these wood stocked M40's.

Good shootin' -Al
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/22/23
BitchLambert,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST,you are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Stupidity is fhuqking HILARIOUS and your countless Insecurities are very WELL founded. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.........................

Gotcha again, chuckle chuckle!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/22/23
BitchLambert,

You follow me around,like the lap dog you are...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

A GOOD day for you,is one in which you don't schit your pants. It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot. Hint.

For context,simply cite how many times a day you think about me,the duration(s) of same and what I'm wearing. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/23/23
BitchLambert,

You follow me around,like the lap dog you are...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

A GOOD day for you,is one in which you don't schit your pants. It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot. Hint.

For context,simply cite how many times a day you think about me,the duration(s) of same and what I'm wearing. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Chuckle chuckle little stick! I love getting your goat!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/23/23
BitchLambert,

Your Imagination and Pretend,are taking you to places that don't exist(if only again)...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor (literally) heart,for being forced to "live" vicariously.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 04/24/23
BitchLambert,

Your Imagination and Pretend,are taking you to places that don't exist(if only again)...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor (literally) heart,for being forced to "live" vicariously.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

I see that you still love me little branch. chuckle chuckle!!
Posted By: Seafire Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 05/01/23
Way to F*^KUP another good starting thread Stumpy.

same old cut and paste slander BS...
guess your hemorrhoid's are acting up again..., you're out of itch cream and so you are taking it out on everyone else.
Posted By: Craigster Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 06/17/23
Originally Posted by Seafire
Way to F*^KUP another good starting thread Stumpy.

Doin' what he does best.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 07/04/23
I do have a M40 and it is on a 40X with the stripper slip cuts. I will say the 40X receivers are just 700 short action receivers pulled off the line and stamped 40X.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 07/07/23
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
I do have a M40 and it is on a 40X with the stripper slip cuts. I will say the 40X receivers are just 700 short action receivers pulled off the line and stamped 40X.

I had a 40X and regular 700 trued at the same time, my guy said the reg 700 was better out of the box than the 40X.

His clip slot cuts on the Reg 700 worked better than the Remington cuts on the 40X.....
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 07/08/23
Originally Posted by blindshooter

I had a 40X and regular 700 trued at the same time, my guy said the reg 700 was better out of the box than the 40X.

As Butch mentioned, production 40X receivers...even the single shot versions...are just restamped 700's.

The 40XB-BR recievers were different, though. They were ground...not turned...perfectly round for more stable bedding. The top of the rear reciever bridge was contoured by hand using a precise jig for fitting. 700/40X receivers had this area contoured by hand also but no jig was used. That's why many 700/40X receivers end up with the rear base higher/lower/canted.

Good shootin' -Al
Posted By: blindshooter Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 07/09/23
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Originally Posted by blindshooter

As Butch mentioned, production 40X receivers...even the single shot versions...are just restamped 700's.

The 40XB-BR recievers were different, though. They were ground...not turned...perfectly round for more stable bedding. The top of the rear reciever bridge was contoured by hand using a precise jig for fitting. 700/40X receivers had this area contoured by hand also but no jig was used. That's why many 700/40X receivers end up with the rear base higher/lower/canted.

Good shootin' -Al

That 40x was built/set up for sling prone LR. Used a combo 20 degree rail with match sight mounting holes machined so I could swap open sight for scoped any any matches.

Had to shim the rear some, I forget how much but I remember thinking it was considerable.
Posted By: Bugger Re: M40 sniper clone FS - 07/19/23
In Precision Shooting magazine Mike Walker was interviewed. He was an avid bench rest shooter and knew probably as much as any regarding the 40X and the 722&721 rifles and the 700 rifles by Remington. He stressed that to build a good bench rifle one must start with the 40x action. OK, that was a few years ago.

To best of my recollection the 40x rifles were all built in the custom shop. What I don’t remember is if these actions were built to tighter tolerances (this is most likely,I think) or just hand picked. But I believe they were better than the 700’s and the 40x receivers weren’t just 700 receivers stamped differently.
© 24hourcampfire