Home
Posted By: Oregon45 Savage Competition Rifles? - 10/20/12
Anybody using one of the Savage Competition rifles they're making? They've got them for BR, F-class, F/TR and Palma. I'm looking possibly getting into Palma and F/TR and the Savages look like a good way to start without spending more than $1k or so (on the rifle).
You can't beat 'em for the money. I've never had a Savage bolt action that didn't shoot great. They're not bad looking either if you keep you eyes closed.
Posted By: wtroger Re: Savage Competition Rifles? - 10/21/12
The way the Savages I have shoot I don't give a rat ass how they look. You can spend a lot more and wind up with a rifle that is not as accurate as the out of box Savage.
Posted By: Mako25 Re: Savage Competition Rifles? - 10/26/12
Have a friend who just sold an F-class in .308. Damn thing was/is amazing - period.

Hey...even the boss can do it smile
I love my 99's and they are accurate as all get out! Unfortunately I only like rifles that are older than me
I've owned an F/TR, a model 12, and at present have a palam rifle in the rack - as yet unfire.
I also over the years have owned and shota mess of the C.I.L. 950T's , which are a savage 110 solid bottom "J" action .
Fine rifles, the one I have at the ,oment has a Canjar trigger in it , really fixes them up.
Cat
I really like the accutrigger myself, takes some getting use too.
[Linked Image]

left group fired with 6.5 -284 at 200m or 220 yds. Unfired brass, unsized, with 142 gr SMK. The right group with 338 Lapua IM same deal with the brass(fire formed). I was impressed so took a photo. Groups are bit better now with necking only.
I have one that holds 4" vertical at 1000 yds. That ain't bad!
You can beat the Savage in my book my next is gonna b a 6.5x284 norma ,
Posted By: Amax Re: Savage Competition Rifles? - 01/30/13
Here is my first 5 shot group during barrel break in with a savage model 10 shooting 168 gr Nosler custom competition ammo.
Barrell is a 250.00 eabco that I installed myself. Range is 100yds.

Attached picture tn.jpg
nice shooting amax
Posted By: Amax Re: Savage Competition Rifles? - 02/13/13
Thanks my Mississippi brother!
© 24hourcampfire