Home
We are having a precision three gun match in Marble Falls, Texas on December 8th if anyone is interested. We'll have six stages of pistol, carbine, and precision rifle all the way out to 800 yards.

I believe the price table is up to around $10,000 right now.

http://www.precision3gun.com/
How often is that done? I'd really like to try that a few times but won't be for another year or so as have a big remodel on Moms house coming up quick that we've been promising to do for her for years.

Jeff
I thought you might like something like this. They come up every so often, may e twice a year within driving distance from us.

I'm ROing this one. I'll keep you updated on any more that come up.
cool. Just haven't done anything since about 2004 and my next things were F class, attempt a perfect score at 1000 with an AR service rifle, and or tactical type matches that were more than up close IDPA stuff.
The Surefire 3 Gun in Liberty Hill next spring has a Vietnam Era category. Pump shotgun, 1911 and AR with open sights. You need to come over and show em how it's done with open sights Jeff.
Gimme some dates when they pop up and let me see how I can manage. WOuld be fun to shoot since I haven't done anything since about 2004.

Don't have a light iron sigthed gun but don't think that would slow me down that much... could be a fun match to play in.
What is the course of fire that makes it a precision match?
Pete
There are three stages with "precision" shots. Some aren't that far, but are small. At least one stage goes out to 800 yards.
not knowing.... the precision, are they hit or miss or do they score?
There are three stages with "precision" shots. Some aren't that far, but are small. At least one stage goes out to 800 yards.

That is still pretty general. What is the nature of each of the three stages? in what order are they fired? How many shots at each stage from each gun? What kind of targets? How are shots scored? Time limits? Are there strings of shots?
Total number of points possible? Total number of shots? Total number of shots from each gun?

Where can I find this info?
Pete

PS - Got the info. It was all at the link that was provided in the OP. Duh. Thanks. Seems to be very well thought out.
P
Originally Posted by rost495
not knowing.... the precision, are they hit or miss or do they score?

Hit / Miss...steel and clay pigeons.
This match looks like a blast! Hopefully by the next one ill have a precision rifle and optic I want so I can participate.
Just got an email that there's still spots available for anybody wanting to jump in at the last minute.
© 24hourcampfire