Home
Posted By: butchlambert1 .011" 5 shot group - 06/11/13
Mike Stinnet shot a .011" group at the Denton, Texas range this weekend.The longtime record is supposed to be .009" shot many years ago. It has been submitted for a possible World Record. Mike was shooting a 30PPC.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/11/13
Light or heavy gun.

These BR guys amaze me. I see something good after 3 and I fall apart.

It seams like these kind of groups depend on how the paper tears! Congrats to Mike.
Posted By: DocEd Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/11/13
It was a LV 10.5 Lb. rifle.
Posted By: reelman Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/12/13
How do you even get the crosshairs within .011" all the time? Simply amazing!
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/12/13
The amazing thing was that I told his first shot didn't go where he aimed it. That means he had to hold his crosshairs in a different position to shoot his small group.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/13/13
Butch I don't understand, does it matter where the group is as long as it is on the right target? Did he go back to the sighter after the first shot? I have heard that no one wants the hole where the cross hairs are so they don't mess up the aiming point

What does the backer look like on one of these groups? Like a very level centipede?
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/13/13
You know, I had never considered the paper before. When submitting targets for serious records like that, do they consider the kind of paper that was used or is there an industry standard?

I can see really competitive guys getting into that sort of debate.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/13/13
I have only been to 2 sanctioned NBRSA matches but these guys are competitive, although I have never met a bunch of more helpful guys.

Posted By: DocEd Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/13/13
The targets used, in IBS & NBRSA sanctioned matches, are approved by both governing bodies.
Posted By: EddyBo Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/13/13
daamn .011 is tiny.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/13/13
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Butch I don't understand, does it matter where the group is as long as it is on the right target? Did he go back to the sighter after the first shot? I have heard that no one wants the hole where the cross hairs are so they don't mess up the aiming point

What does the backer look like on one of these groups? Like a very level centipede?

Doesn't matter where the group is on the target. He did go back to the sighter before shooting the next round. I don't consistantly shoot well enough any more to worry about the crosshair. I normally use the 3 0'clock or 9 0'clock on the ten ring as my aiming point. If it is a right to left prevailing wind I use 3 0'clock and the opposite in a left to right wind. Other folks have other favorite aiming points. The backer better look like a very level centipede or something would be wrong.
Posted By: keith Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/13/13
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
The amazing thing was that I told his first shot didn't go where he aimed it. That means he had to hold his crosshairs in a different position to shoot his small group.

this makes the group even more amazing, conditions simply had to be stable, not to mention the shooter's ability. 30 br makes it even more amazing in how to handle the recoil in a LV rig.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/14/13
Keith, It was a 30PPC.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: .011" 5 shot group - 06/14/13
Guy has to be pretty dedicated to even attempt that case prep! These guys live in a different world than most.
© 24hourcampfire