Home
Posted By: RickinTN Lapua brass question? - 01/25/18
Hello all,
I thought this might be the best place to as a question about Lapua brass. I've not bought any Lapua brass in 12 years or so and I recently saw a post referring to "Gold Box" Lapua brass. As far as I know that is the only Lapua brass I have, so to my question....Has Lapua changed the packaging? also indicating a change in quality? Would the Gold Box brass sell for a premium as compared to current production?
Thanks for your help,
Rick
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: Lapua brass question? - 01/25/18
Most that I know of now come in a plastic blue box. Some people claim the quality has gone down. Hard to say. But I don't think any would not agree it is still the best brass available.
Posted By: RickinTN Re: Lapua brass question? - 01/25/18
Wayne,
Thank you for your response. As mentioned I haven't bought any for at least 12 years or so and I would agree that is very good brass. I tend to buy a pretty good supply when I buy, even to the excess. I'm actually selling some of the excess items I've bought through the years because I've come to the realization I'll probably never use them. I am thinking of either a 260 Remington build or a 65x47 Lapua build, neither of which I already have and Lapua was the first place I looked for brass. I read a for sale ad where a fellow is wanting more for 2x fired 6br brass than it can be purchased for new, so it made me wonder.
Thanks again,
Rick
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Lapua brass question? - 01/25/18

this article may offer what the differences are.......

the 6BR guys favor the ole gold paper box brass.......brings premium price

http://www.accurateshooter.com/technical-articles/lapua-6mmbr-brass-report/
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Lapua brass question? - 01/25/18

6BR = great 6mm p/dog set up

built one in 2002........still going strong

s/shot Savage

http://www.accurateshooter.com/cartridge-guides/6mmbr/#23415
Posted By: tansinator Re: Lapua brass question? - 02/06/18
Check out Peterson brass, USA made and supposedly as good or better than Lapua.
I use Lapua if it is made in a caliber that I shoot. RWS makes great brass.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Lapua brass question? - 02/07/18
Originally Posted by tansinator
Check out Peterson brass, USA made and supposedly as good or better than Lapua.

Gotta be good stuff if it’s good as, or better than Lapua.

DF
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Lapua brass question? - 02/07/18
the only gold box Lapua brass that I have seen bring a premium is 300WM, I was in Bruno's Shooters supply a month ago and he had a box for $300 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats because Lapua has not made 300WM brass for decades
© 24hourcampfire