Home
Posted By: Kaiser Norton 6 ARC Yet? - 06/27/20
Anyone built/bought into the 6 ARC yet? I'm interested, and am contemplating which avenue to take. I realize it's brand new and it'll probably be a while before it becomes more commonplace in the market. Just wondering if any of you gurus have been able to give it a shakedown cruise yet.

Thoughts? Personally, I think it's a wise choice by Hornady to step into this area of the market......

Kaiser Norton
Posted By: UPhiker Re: 6 ARC Yet? - 06/27/20
Give it time. Just because something has been announced doesn't mean it's in the pipeline. I just checked two of the biggest distributors and they haven't even received any guns or ammo yet.
Posted By: texas_hawg Re: 6 ARC Yet? - 06/30/20
I was just about to post this same question. My younger brother has an upper on order from CMMG. It is 8 weeks for delivery. I’ll try his out before I jump on the bandwagon myself.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: 6 ARC Yet? - 07/01/20
I'm sure there will be plenty of people getting theirs about the same time and reporting good things..
Posted By: Yondering Re: 6 ARC Yet? - 07/02/20
Kaiser - I've been shooting one of the basic 6mm Grendel wildcats that the 6 ARC came from (they are very similar, other than a minor difference in shoulder position) for a few years and can speak to the general performance of the round and loading for it if that interests you. I haven't used the actual 6 ARC stuff though and don't intend to bother since what I have is almost the same thing and I don't care about the factory ammo. I've got 24" and 19" barrels, with a 16" and 12.5" in the works. It's a good round that is fully capable of doing what Hornady claims, regardless whether their factory ammo matches the claims or not.
Posted By: Kaiser Norton Re: 6 ARC Yet? - 08/02/20
Checking back in here. My Proof Barrel showed up, waiting on my bolt/carrier. Had intentions of buying a new upper/lower to build off, but also wondering if I should save money and utilize those off the two rifles currently in-house (DPMS, Stag). Or? Trying to decide. Seekins, maybe? Thinking about one of these handguards, just because [img]https://sdtacticalarms.com/product/wwii-handguard/[/img]. Looking at Cerakote options, mags, ammo, dies, optics. Am I going whole hog? Or just out of my mind?

Kaiser Norton
Posted By: Boogaloo Re: 6 ARC Yet? - 08/05/20
Save money...??

Considering what you've already shelled out if you don't at least have a half dozen or more spare uppers lowers already sitting in the safe for the future you might want to fill that gap before November...mags primers too...
Posted By: Potsy Re: 6 ARC Yet? - 08/05/20
Pard has been waiting on a 16" Odin barrel for about 6 weeks now. Supposed to have it middle of this month.

I've been kicking around the idea of a .22 Grendel for a couple years. Maybe .22 ARC?
Posted By: srwshooter Re: 6 ARC Yet? - 08/05/20
Been looking at them
Posted By: elkchsr Re: 6 ARC Yet? - 08/05/20
Today is 8 weeks since I ordered a complete upper from CMMG. Still have no idea when it will ship.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: 6 ARC Yet? - 08/05/20
Originally Posted by Potsy
Pard has been waiting on a 16" Odin barrel for about 6 weeks now. Supposed to have it middle of this month.

I've been kicking around the idea of a .22 Grendel for a couple years. Maybe .22 ARC?

Sure, wonder when thats going to be a commercial round? And its going to offer benefits over the old 556/223..
© 24hourcampfire