Home
Posted By: Tyrone AA 2520 Recall - 07/11/20
The "Camp Perry Powder" is having some difficulties.
http://www.ramshot.com/
Posted By: rost495 Re: AA 2520 Recall - 07/12/20
It burned us bad years ago. I'd never even consider 2520 in the rest of my years. I suppose this would vindicate that..
Posted By: auk1124 Re: AA 2520 Recall - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by rost495
It burned us bad years ago. I'd never even consider 2520 in the rest of my years. I suppose this would vindicate that..

What was it doing? Pressure spikes in hot temperatures or something?
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: AA 2520 Recall - 07/13/20
Thanks Tyrone. I've tried it, but was not too impressed... I'll go back to my AR Comp.. Thanks
Posted By: rost495 Re: AA 2520 Recall - 07/17/20
Originally Posted by auk1124

bought a bunch of 8 pounders, like 8 IIRC. Speed was over 200 fps slower, and accuracy not there.

Normal 2520 was temp sensitive to start with...

cost me a lot that I had nothing to do with. Sold it cheap, with the caveat of what it was. If you were just banging stuff it worked ok enough
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: AA 2520 Recall - 07/25/20
Originally Posted by auk1124

bought a bunch of 8 pounders, like 8 IIRC. Speed was over 200 fps slower, and accuracy not there.

Normal 2520 was temp sensitive to start with...

cost me a lot that I had nothing to do with. Sold it cheap, with the caveat of what it was. If you were just banging stuff it worked ok enough

I hate just banging stuff, unless she's hot, then I might think about it.. Ha ha.. Anyway, I tried AA2520. Traded for a couple pounds of it a while back so I could try it with the 1000 75gr Hornady match bullets I bought. Right away I could see anomalies that I never saw before. Accuracy fluctuations from one group to the next. Some weird chidt. Pictures worth a 1,000 words:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is with an older lot of AA2520 powder, not the recall lot Tyrone listed. I don't like it, as I've seen this weird happening with 3 different rifles. Its not just an anomaly related to this rifle. The first time I saws this happen, I thought it was just a fluke. I was shooting my Noveske with irons, so I thought it was me. Nope, not me, as it also does this with my best shooter, my Northtech Defense... Now I wish I wouldn't have chit canned those targets. I damned near posted them in the other thread we had going about the 75gr hornady vs. 77SMK....
© 24hourcampfire