Home
Posted By: gunzo AR15 comment, a classic - 08/27/20
17 YO uses a $500 AR w/a $99 red dot to make the first 2 CONUS communist kills, while our $3000 AR's are in our vault.

Kind of slap stick I know, but first rule is a big thought, & how important was his sling. Wonderful weapon retention, in the melee, I don't know if The KK lost his grip or not. But his sling kept his weapon close... Some saying his sling, among other things, saved his life.

Just pondering on lessons learned about the action of it all. The court chit will droll for a long time.
Yes, good slings are important.
That dude's time on Call of Duty just paid off.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/27/20
Perhaps another "Shot Heard Round The World"
Is it on?
Posted By: BamBam Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/28/20
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Perhaps another "Shot Heard Round The World"
Is it on?

Let’s hope so.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/28/20
wonder what sling it was? I have a few magpuls and WOG slings, don't look like what he was using.
Posted By: gunzo Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/28/20
Did he keep his hand on the grip, I couldn't tell. Weapon retention & target acquisition extraordinaire.
Posted By: gunzo Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/28/20
I wondered if a hi cap handgun would be better in this scenario. But weapon retention was huge in this situation. Could a handgun still have been there when you needed it?

A lot of lessons offered here that I hope I never have to learn first hand.
I'd say his AR was just about perfect. Two dead commies and the third is ruined for life.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'd say his AR was just about perfect. Two dead commies and the third is ruined for life.

"Lefty" also lost part of his biceps tattoo.....bummer. He was also a felon with a gun. I wonder when he'll be charged? They must be concentrating on crucifying the kid who was just defending himself.
Posted By: gunzo Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/29/20
Originally Posted by jimmyp
wonder what sling it was? I have a few magpuls and WOG slings, don't look like what he was using.

Not trying to be a smartass, but the application is huge IMO, & the brand is irrelevant. A strand of para cord would have done, but the fact that the rifle never left his body, & the rifle was presentable time after time saved his life.

Lessons of just sling application is big here.

Or not??? Tell me if I'm wrong, I'm listening.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/29/20
Originally Posted by gunzo
17 YO uses a $500 AR w/a $99 red dot to make the first 2 CONUS communist kills, while our $3000 AR's are in our vault.

Kind of slap stick I know, but first rule is a big thought, & how important was his sling. Wonderful weapon retention, in the melee, I don't know if The KK lost his grip or not. But his sling kept his weapon close... Some saying his sling, among other things, saved his life.

Just pondering on lessons learned about the action of it all. The court chit will droll for a long time.

To be fair my ARs are not in any "vault" and I have posted many picts over the years and none show an AR sans well designed sling.

Slings and lights matter.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Get ready we all will be running and gunning like the kid very soon.
Posted By: szihn Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/29/20
I heard today the Communist who got hit is the arm is recovering well. The doctors saved the arm.

Well Crap...............I was rooting for gangrene
Posted By: Joel6180 Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/29/20
Cute young fella. I hope he is popular in prison.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/29/20
Originally Posted by Joel6180

Can you even walk straight yet?
Originally Posted by Joel6180

I'll bet you were a real crowd pleaser.

Jim
Posted By: ringworm Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/30/20
I have daughters, no sons. But, my best friend of 35 years has a son and I taught him early on how to shoot. He was top shooter out of 320 when he joined the Navy.
At 12 he was moving and shooting bowling pins with an AR.

The kid in knosha has had trigger time. He wasn't just luck a few times.
He didn't need to be arrested, he needed to be flown to Parris Is.land
Posted By: gunzo Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/30/20
Originally Posted by ringworm
I have daughters, no sons. But, my best friend of 35 years has a son and I taught him early on how to shoot. He was top shooter out of 320 when he joined the Navy.
At 12 he was moving and shooting bowling pins with an AR.

The kid in knosha has had trigger time. He wasn't just luck a few times.
He didn't need to be arrested, he needed to be flown to Parris Is.land

I'm still in awe of the KK's weapon retention, control & alertness. Not just youth. I served as a range officer several times in USPSA competition, & you could see a persons past experience, natural ability or struggle right off the bat, and this kid just seems to be in the groove. The ice man?

Call of Duty has been mentioned several times possibly as some of his experience, a video game? Guess you gotta buy an X box thingy or some apparatus to play it on? Might need one. Walmart?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/30/20
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

"Lefty" also lost part of his biceps tattoo.....bummer. He was also a felon with a gun. I wonder when he'll be charged? They must be concentrating on crucifying the kid who was just defending himself.

Probably never. Communists in the courts too busy trying to ruin The Kid's and other patriots' and conservatives' lives.

Guillotines needed.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/30/20
So lets talk slings. Is there a recommended list to choose from?
Posted By: viking Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/30/20
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
So lets talk slings. Is there a recommended list to choose from?

Good question. I watched a video this morning on the pros a cons of each , 1 point vs 2 point.

I am leaning towards the 2 point although I have some 1 points.
Magpul has double one. 2 point, but adaptable to a single point. Promising. The Vickers is popular. Others discussed in a thread here months ago. Lots of research needed as some are close to a hundred bucks. I for one couldn't stand a failure or 3 at that rate.

I've been researching for a month or 2 & taken back by some of the prices. But I know one thing, my primary, maybe another or 2 are gonna get slinged as properly as I can go. It's obvious it's very important.
Posted By: TWR Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/30/20
Way of the gun sling.
BFG VCAS sling.
VTAC sling.

2 points are what I prefer, the WOTG sling is a light weight option that does not require swivels.
VCAS is a good heavy duty sling that can be bought with QD swivels sewn in and they offer a padded version.
Never used a VTAC but guys whose opinions I trust speak highly of them.

Single points don't keep the muzzle from flopping around if you have to drop the rifle to low ready and do nothing to help shooting stability.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/30/20
Guano, I'm excatly where you are.
Need at least two, maybe 4.
Even at $30, most need hardware thgat gets you to $60+ with shipping.

Been looking for a month or more.

I wish someone had the balls to say my sling is so good you have a 30 day
return policy.
I've been playing with a single point off & on for a year or 2. And I think I may not be one of the ones it's suited for. Yes, I can lower or drop my rifle to be able to go to my side arm or go simply hands free & it just flops around. Super handy to move the AR to the back & appear peaceful, otherwise, I haven't found a favorable position for the sling or rifle.

Going back to old school with a 2 point, but the sling mounted on the side of the weapon , rather than under neath, or even on top seems doable. Each should probably practice & find what works for them.
Posted By: gunzo Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/31/20
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

return policy.

Dammit! did I just get called batchit? Maybe one that first ex didn't call me. grin
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/31/20
I've been playing with a single point off & on for a year or 2. And I think I may not be one of the ones it's suited for. Yes, I can lower or drop my rifle to be able to go to my side arm or go simply hands free & it just flops around. Super handy to move the AR to the back & appear peaceful, otherwise, I haven't found a favorable position for the sling or rifle.

Going back to old school with a 2 point, but the sling mounted on the side of the weapon , rather than under neath, or even on top seems doable. Each should probably practice & find what works for them.

2 point is not "old School".

Even the Haley/Costa crowd have joined the cool guys and figured out getting nut slapped by your rifle is sub optimal.
Posted By: TWR Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/31/20
http://www.frankproctorshooting.com/proctor-sling/

The Proctor sling is the way of the gun sling.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/31/20

return policy.

Dammit! did I just get called batchit? Maybe one that first ex didn't call me. grin

I thought that spell check has caught another one... I laughed.
Posted By: joshf303 Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/31/20
Yeap....prefer a 2 point for more maneuverability and retention to the body. I don’t like being slapped in the nuts either....

Rifles Only Carbine Sling is still my favorite.
Jacob’s, Magpuls, and Haley’s SLK ran as a 2 point are what I use.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/31/20

return policy.

Sorry, I even read your post list night and didnt get it.
Spell Check is my best sex partner ever.

F'd without it,
F'd with it.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/31/20
I prefer a 2 point sling. Most recently I've been using the Magpul because I like the "slider" thing better than the two tails of the VTAC. After a lot of use the VTAC slings will begin to fray from the metal grip thing. But they do seem to hold the sling more firmly than the Magpul.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 08/31/20

return policy.

Here's the Proctor 2 point for $44 and it doesn't need hardware. I haven't used one but TWR likes them.

https://tacticalshootingproshop.com/frank-proctor-heavy-duty-sling/
Posted By: hookeye Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 09/01/20
I have the magpul

Cant run n gun with it.

Because I cant run LOL
Posted By: raybass Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 09/06/20
I use the VTAC, works good but there is another version with a single pull I wished I would have went with.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 09/07/20
probably stupid but I set my proctor WOG sling in one place and leave it, its hard to cough up 44f such a measly looking thing but its the best most lw sling I have.
Posted By: gunzo Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 09/07/20
Hey Dillonbuck! I just dropped the hammer. Days & days of research, shopping, & fiddling with what I had on hand. A Magpul sling & some gadgets from one place & a Vickers with some more attachments from another. About a hundred & fifty bucks.

I should be able to "properly" sling 2 rifles & clean up an AR pistol. E-bay attachments, parts, & slings were tempting,,,, China prices, but I've decided this is kinda serious & taking appropriate measures.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 09/08/20
I once took and taught a lot of carbine classes and learned to always take 2 guns to a class. If you are going to wear the gun all day a padded sling is best and if you put qd attachments on your guns and sling you can change them out at will. My old Vickers sling is still my favorite for long days.

Haley and Costa! what a flashback! I used to put the Art of the Pistol in the classroom for folks to watch as I was doing the sign in for classes.

Travis Haley was one of the best handgun instructors I ever trained with and was an impressive shooter and a nice guy. His CV speaks for itself.

mike r
Posted By: ringworm Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 09/09/20

At sixteen years... he fought beyond the mark of others...
Whom with all praise I point at, saw him fight,
When with his Amazonian chin he drove
The bristled lips before him...Slew three opposers..he met,
And struck him on his knee: in that day’s feats,
When he might act the woman in the scene,
He proved best man i’ the field.
[Linked Image from laprogressive.com]
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 09/09/20
Got a single on one, & a 2 point on the other. Doesn't matter which kind as long as I have one. Carrying any long gun without a sling gets old very quick.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: AR15 comment, a classic - 09/09/20
Get it while it's hot.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...10/frank-proctor-wotg-sling#Post15208510
© 24hourcampfire