Home
Posted By: MontanaMan White Oak Armory Sale - 09/18/20
On SPR barrels thru Sunday...............$80 off.

So fluted is $255, non-fluted is $195 & if you want a rail it's $40 off, so $100.

Good price for a high quality barrel & a rail.

Their rails are very nice; I've used 2 recently, they have a steel barrel nut. Just a tad heavy but nicely done.

Caveat is, you'll have to wait a while for it to ship.

MM
Posted By: auk1124 Re: White Oak Armory Sale - 09/19/20
Really nice barrels.
Uppers with spr barrels are on sale as well. Seem to be good value, I wonder how much extra care they take in assembling their complete uppers or would a guy be better off doing it himself (I have the tools)
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: White Oak Armory Sale - 09/20/20
I'd say you'd be pretty safe with an upper built by John Holliger's team.

But I doubt they thermo-fit or glue in the barrel extension to the upper, so from that standpoint, you could probably do a little better; also the uppers they used are just your very basic version.

MM
Posted By: local_dirt Re: White Oak Armory Sale - 09/20/20
In this market, that's stealing.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: White Oak Armory Sale - 09/20/20
White Oak is a great company. I've been using carbine and mid-length gas-systems on my barrels on my rifles for years. What would the rifle-length SPR get me as opposed to mid-length?
Little softer shooting, potentially & directionally less reliability, but I've never seen it.

With rifle gas, you can usually use a carbine (3.0 oz) buffer, with mid-gas, unless you are using an adjustable gas block, you will likely end up with a H1 buffer, IME.

I have both mid & rifle gas WOA, 18" barrels, & as set up with adjustable gas blocks, I really cannot tell much difference in their shooting.

If you're doing much shooting in pretty cold weather, the mid-gas is potentially more reliable.

One other advantage if rifle gas is that due to the lower port pressure, you will seen a slower erosion of the gas port in the barrel.

MM
No better than John and his company.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: White Oak Armory Sale - 09/20/20
Handguard noted for later.
The sale ends today & to get the rail for the $100, you also have to buy a barrel.

But even at the full price of $140 for the rail, it's still reasonable by today's standards where most are over $200.

MM
© 24hourcampfire