Home
Posted By: Bluedreaux Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
I bought some Pmag 40s that I hope to flip. And today Geissele had some stuff available to order so I used my coupon from last Black Friday.
Posted By: EdM Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
I had an upper without a lower so finally got around to completing the rifle last week with a Spikes bare lower, CMC parts kit and trigger (that I already had) and a DD stock and grip that I already had. That and a dozen PMAG's.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
Got in a spare lower receiver to put away for a future build. I need to get an LPVO for my pistol build, if any go on sale over the holidays.

Ordered a few 20 round mags too.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
I bought a couple of 30 rd Troy mags for $9 a piece over the weekend. My son bought an upper and barrel. I need an optic for my 6 ARC build.
I picked up a 500rd box of 77gr TMK's a few weeks ago for normal pricing. I haven't fought for anything or paid panic prices for anything. I'm sitting on some stuff that I may trade for some nice (non-panic) guns that I've always wanted if it gets bad.

I did my personal prep shopping years ago when prices were good.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
Shopping for a LPK and a SOPMOD stock to finish the Russian AR. Bought a bunch of Chapman, made in the USA bits and drivers for the bench, SAE and metric hex as well as Torx. And US made slings and associated chinky hardware and adapters.

BCA has a bunch of complete uppers for $270 today.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
I’ve been buying mags, bullets, powder, primers steadily all summer. I’m pretty good shape.

Local shop got in an FN 15 patrol. It’s about the only decent AR that’s popped up lately that was reasonably priced. I picked it up and just finished installing a geissele SSA trigger in it

I’m not flipping anything thing. They stay in the safe.
I looked around on the net and gunbroker today. I was surprised at how many ARs are available at slightly inflated prices. I expected there to be nothing or sky high pricing
Posted By: RufusG Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
I'd like to buy more ammo but that's going to have to wait it seems. Been thinking about picking up a BCM bcg, looks like Brownells has them in stock.
Posted By: hanco Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
Bought a bunch of components to load 223’s. CFE powder.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
Bought a Rosco 11.5 barrel
Midwest handguard
Slr adjustable gas block
Standard gas block
2 carbine length has tubes

Some other small stuff to complete two builds at same time

Need to buy some optics For them

Need to buy some powder for reloading 223 just because. May grab that tomorrow on my drive
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
A Redding turret press
Posted By: scoony Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
Bought a 200 round box of 155 grain American Gunner ammo for regular price. Bought a couple boxes of PMC 223 ammo for less than $6 each. Got a case of CCI-34s for $80 (50% off). Got 500 round box of 77 SMK, 1k 62 grain FMJ. and a couple boxes of 75 grain HPBTs all for regular prices. All in the last 2 months. Yes, still buying stuff.

About the only thing I am not buying is small rifle primers, but I am looking. Not quite desperate for them yet, but would feel a little better if I had a few more bricks of CCI-41.
Bought a Saint Victor pistol today, picking up another one tomorrow. One for my son the other for me. smile

Probably get a 8lber of varget while I’m there.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/06/20
Yep.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/07/20
Selling mostly, it’s a good time to thin the herd
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/07/20
Bullets mostly. Anything that I think is a good price. Cuz,when you think about it, and the fact that they are going to get scarcer and more expensive, a thousand doesn't seem like very much.
Posted By: kingston Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/07/20
Today, Glock 19 Gen 5 and 8lbs H4895.
Posted By: TC1 Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/07/20
I recently bought a Sig P365XL, Sig P226 RX Legion and a Canik TP9SFx. All at pre-panic prices. All 9mm which I'm stocked up on. I'm loaded up on AR gear and ammo. I've got a few AK's and could use a few thousand rounds for them but I'm not paying the current asking price for it.
Bought more pmags for the AR. Sitting pretty on ammo.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/07/20
Went for broke. Ordered some Ergo grips (on sale at Midway), a CMMG LPK, ATI carbine buffer kit and a Magpul MOE buttstock for the Russian AR. Plan is to be done for a while, one stripped lower in reserve. It's too bad all my high capacity mags got lost in the last windstorm...
Posted By: deflave Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/08/20
No.
Posted By: viking Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/08/20
I bought one measly 13 round Glock mag yesterday. I can use it my G27.

They had 22 round mags, but for $52, I passed.
Posted By: TWR Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/08/20
I had a free lower fall into my lap, then I saw a Daniel Defense 14.5” mid length barrel and $800 later I’m left wondering what happened?
Picked up 1,200 rounds of M885 and 500 rounds of XM193
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/09/20
Skipped another upper and ordered a forced-air diesel burning heater. wink
Posted By: BigNate Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/09/20
Nope!

Stocked up ahead, haven't even been looking. I did sell an AR-10 and flipped a Sig 227 but didn't gouge on either of them. What comes around goes around.
Bought a Colt M4, 6 30rd Magpul Pmags and plenty of ammo. Its getting scarce to find anything at a reasonable price these days.
Posted By: mag410 Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/10/20
2500 Speer .308 125 gr TNT's at a decent price (17 cents each) from Midway.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/10/20
A few more mags.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/10/20
Bought a Sig 320/M17

As far as AR's, I am pretty set. I wouldn't mind fooling around with a pistol AR, but I'm not really interested in buying a low end model, and don't really want to spend the money for a good one. Ditto a PCC. I should build a dedicated lower for the .350 Legend upper, as I like the cartridge.

I wouldn't mind having a machined AK, but not willing to pay $1k+ for one of them.
I bought a synthetic stock with pistol grip for my SKS. Found it here locally for $40.00. Also bought a 17" handguard for an AR. Its a Noveske NSR look alike. Works great and paid less than $60 for it. Bought some 69gr SMK at wally world for $26/box.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I bought a synthetic stock with pistol grip for my SKS. Found it here locally for $40.00. Also bought a 17" handguard for an AR. Its a Noveske NSR look alike. Works great and paid less than $60 for it. Bought some 69gr SMK at wally world for $26/box.

You cheapskate................you need to go buy a WC barrel in some strange chambering, test it out, & report back so we can all go out & spend some more money on something that none of us needs. grin

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

You cheapskate................you need to go buy a WC barrel in some strange chambering, test it out, & report back so we can all go out & spend some more money on something that none of us needs. grin

MM

Ha ha. Try that 7.62x40. Kind of a cool little thumper
I have been pretty much set for years.
Picked up a brandy new Glock 19 Gen 5 yesterday.

Figure it can't hurt to have a spare.. And some hedge.

Oops. Forgot.

Also picked up another BCM Sopmod 0 for my 6.8 and 2 Magpul MOE K2 grips for a couple other guns that don't have them.
New Grock 17, piles of AR mags, but those were just because purchases. I'm not going crazy looking for anything now, I've been stocking up for a while so I should be able to ride out this storm also.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Oops. Forgot.

Also picked up another BCM Sopmod 0 for my 6.8 and 2 Magpul MOE K2 grips for a couple other guns that don't have them.

Good choice on the grips.
Posted By: Oakster Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/11/20
I should buy stuff to build a .350 legend... although they dont serve as much of a purpose in wide open Wyoming. Might be a neat AR to have though.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/13/20
Originally Posted by Oakster
I should buy stuff to build a .350 legend... although they dont serve as much of a purpose in wide open Wyoming. Might be a neat AR to have though.

I do like mine, great gun for gunning hogs, though it's annoying that you need special magazines for it.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/13/20
I found some 6 ARC ammo so I bought that, and a couple of magazines just for that build.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/13/20
Stocking up on bullets. 9mil, 45hps, and 55gr hardball. I seem to be paying through the nose but I gotta get them where I can find them. Luckily I'm good on primers for another year at least.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Oops. Forgot.

Good choice on the grips.

Forgot new Dillon 750. Parts have been trickling in. Still won't have the machine itself for at least another month, they say.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/20/20
Ordered a couple extended charging handle latches to try on a particular scoped carbine and a used ff handguard for the BO upper. Switched five mIsc hard grips out for soft Ergo Grips. Received some 10 rounder Duramags for the Russian and Grendel.

Got a Chinky cantilevered 30mm scope mount, branded Warhuntusa from Amazon. Can't fault it in the least, very well done and $26. It holds a Chinky Primary Arms 1-4x24 illuminati with dots ($130) which I also can find no fault with. They're on the Russian, so that is ok, maybe? Offset by buying US made extension cords...

Got a Triclawps.
Posted By: hanco Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/21/20
Found an 8 pound jug of CFE 223 yesterday. I was excited.
Originally Posted by Ky221
I’ve been buying mags, bullets, powder, primers steadily all summer. I’m pretty good shape.

Local shop got in an FN 15 patrol. It’s about the only decent AR that’s popped up lately that was reasonably priced. I picked it up and just finished installing a geissele SSA trigger in it

I’m not flipping anything thing. They stay in the safe.

Same here Gary. Not parting with anything, and always to snag a bargain.
Posted By: 222Sako Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/22/20
I was in Cabelas a couple months ago. Had a $20 off $100 purchase coupon and some Cabela bucks on my card. Wasn't really expecting to spend an money but wandered down the reloading components aisle. There on almost empty shelves was a brick of Federal large rifle magnum primers. Didn't have an immediate need for them, but took them. know they will be used up eventually. Also got a pound of Hybrid 100V and a pound of Superformance gun powder.
Put the components together for some 6.5 CM loads. Didn't get time to get to the range until last Saturday afternoon. Was very pleasantly surprised how well the magnum primer worked with both powders. In fact the Hybrid 100V behind a 147 ELD-M gave the two best groups my Bergara has ever shot.
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Y’all buying anything? - 11/27/20
Nothing in the last few.
© 24hourcampfire