Home
Posted By: rylee1 Drop in Triggers - 11/21/20
What drop in triggers do you all like. I have only used Velocity and am in the market for another trigger so looking for input

Thanks
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/21/20
I like my velocity. I’d be tempted to go that route again.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/21/20
Larue MBT2s is the best trigger for the money, IMO. I have a couple Geissele SSA-E's and prefer the Larue.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/21/20
The LaRue & the Geiselle are both very good 2-stage triggers but they are not drop-in's.

Best 2 that I've used are the Elftmann Match & the Rise 535; both are true drop-in, single action triggers.

The Elf is adjustable, the Rise is not; both have zero creep, almost no perceptible over-travel & a very fast reset.............but they are not cheap.

MM
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/21/20
Never had the Larue, but the Velocity is really nice.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/21/20
MM's right about the MBT2S and Geiselle SSAE not being "drop in" triggers. I use a CMC single stage, with the flat shoe, in one of my AR's and it works great. Never compared it to a rise armament or velocity, but it breaks clean at 3.5 pounds and is very smooth.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/21/20
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
MM's right about the MBT2S and Geiselle SSAE not being "drop in" triggers.

Glad you confirmed that. Otherwise, I would've thought he was FOS. More typing to hear yourself talk, dumbfuck.

#knowitall
Posted By: EdM Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/21/20
MM's right about the MBT2S and Geiselle SSAE not being "drop in" triggers. I use a CMC single stage, with the flat shoe, in one of my AR's and it works great. Never compared it to a rise armament or velocity, but it breaks clean at 3.5 pounds and is very smooth.

Ditto on the CMC. I recently installed one on a build. More than pleased and I think I paid $120 for it.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/21/20
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
MM's right about the MBT2S and Geiselle SSAE not being "drop in" triggers.

Glad you confirmed that. Otherwise, I would've thought he was FOS. More typing to hear yourself talk, dumbfuck.

#knowitall

Holy fu ck, you thought a Larue MBT2s and Geissele SSAE were "drop in" triggers. You are a stupid fu ck.. Pretty plain and simple. Next time you suggest something, know what you are talking about and pull your head out of your azz.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/22/20
I like the idea of price and 2 pins and you are in.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/22/20
Bought 2 rise 140's , they work all right but std pins won't hold them you need pins that have screws on the ends to prevent drift. Mb
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/23/20
Larue MBT2s is the best trigger for the money, IMO. I have a couple Geissele SSA-E's and prefer the Larue.

I have two Larue triggers. One on a Colt LE6920, and one on a home build 300 BO. They are a very robust design, and provide a substantial improvement in trigger pull.
Posted By: Traveler52 Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/23/20
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

I have two Larue triggers. One on a Colt LE6920, and one on a home build 300 BO. They are a very robust design, and provide a substantial improvement in trigger pull.

I have three of LaRues can't be beat for the money
What's the big deal with installing a trigger into and AR. It's not Rocket Science.
Posted By: TWR Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/23/20
I've had 2 LaRue's and went back to G2S's for 2 stage or SSP's for single stages.

Nothing wrong with LaRue, it's actually a very good trigger, especially for $89.

The RR NM is a good trigger as well, if you get a good one, I just happened to see enough bad ones back a few years ago that I won't buy another one.

If you pay attention, you can probably find the G2S for right at $100 this BF sale. I've never paid over $120 for one. The SSP triggers are $180ish on sale and I prefer them.

Drop in's, I'll leave them for others.

The absolute best trigger I've tried is the original Millazzo. BCM was selling one built off the original design but I have my doubts it'll be as good as the originals.
Posted By: MoranoGrande Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/23/20
I have a Rise and a CMC, for drop in cartridge trigger. I would buy another CMC before a Rise.
The CMC has a better feel. Both single stage triggers.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Drop in Triggers - 11/23/20
Rise make a variety of triggers from high end (RA-535) to several low end triggers.

Low end is low end................& there's usually a reason for the price differences.

LaRue's get a lot better with a lighter trigger spring, as well.

MM
© 24hourcampfire