Home
Posted By: shootem Aero Precision complete lower - 11/22/20
Whataboutem? Looking at a pistol configuration with a MOE-K2 grip and SBA3 brace. Plan to put it under a side charging 10” to 12” upper for a truly hi cap ccw car pistol. Anything to fear? What’s a fair price for a factory stock unit? TIA
I have several AP lowers and I have not had a single issue with any of them. I tend to buy lower parts kits when I see them cheap and I have never had an issue with them fitting into an Aero lower. For the money, they are the best value in America as far as I'm concerned. I have never bought a complete one but I would not be afraid of it. The only unknown would be the trigger pull weight.

kwg
Wondering also between their X15 and M4E1 models. ??? Not an AR guy by any means but from what I've seen of a few, changing a trigger shouldn't be a problem or terribly expensive. Of course for my intents 2 lb breaking glass trigger isn't required anyway. And then there's price. The X15's can be had down around 350 to 400 and the M4E1 from the high 300s to high 400s. Today's market being what it is which screws me more comfortably?
Posted By: TWR Re: Aero Precision complete lower - 11/23/20
I bought a stripped M4Enhanced lower and an AP LPK minus the trigger. The flared magwell is a plus, the enhanced trigger guard another plus, I like how the edges are beveled into the trigger guard and the tension screw is a nice touch. They thread the safety detent hole and supply a screw in the LPK. I also like the threaded bolt catch pin vs a roll pin.

The LPK was nice enough too. I don’t know how the complete lower would work but I can’t see anything to give me a reason to pass.
X15 is a typical styled AR lower, no trigger guard, flared mag well. Looks very GI generic.

M4E1 is styled like a billet cut lower, molded in trigger guard, little more modern looking, little more flare.

For what you’ve described - either will be fine, unless you want to add your own trigger guard.
Thanks guys. Probly better go ahead and get one before they're priced out of reach.
Well, ordered an M4E1 with SBA4 brace. Also ordered a complete side charging upper from Bear Creek Arsenal with 10.5” 1:7 in 5.56. Would have preferred a 12 or 12.5 length but times limit choices. May yet order a longer barrel to fit the upper but will certainly try this first.

FYI these folks:

https://modernwarriors.com/product/aero-precision-m4e1-complete-lower-sba4-psb-black/

still list having 4 complete lowers like mine in stock for $355 plus shipping.

Optics. $200 range dot type tube or screen. Suggestions?
© 24hourcampfire