Home
Posted By: Huntz Alexander Arms,any good? - 11/28/20
I was offered a new 16" carbine as part of a trade for a shotgun I have.I don`t know anything about them.Comments would be appreciated.Thanks ahead,Huntz
Yes, they are legit & a good, well founded company; they specialize in some different AR calibers & parts.

IIRC, he was involved with the 6.5 G development.

MM
Posted By: skeen Re: Alexander Arms,any good? - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by Huntz
Alexander Arms,any good?

Yes. I've been meaning to buy one of their Grendel Hunters. They have a solid reputation.
Posted By: skeen Re: Alexander Arms,any good? - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Yes, they are legit & a good, well founded company; they specialize in some different AR calibers & parts.

IIRC, he was involved with the 6.5 G development.

MM

He did develop it, right?
Think so, but not positive w/o looking it up again.

MM
Yep. And the 50 Beowolf
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Alexander Arms,any good? - 11/28/20
Friend of my son’s won an Alexander Arms upper in .458 SOCOM a while back and didn’t want it, so my grandson has a new favorite rifle.
Posted By: se3388 Re: Alexander Arms,any good? - 11/29/20
The only two AA rifles I have personally seen were both 6.5 Grendels and both were exceptional shooters. Alex brass he sold was actually Lapua and very good brass, mine has went through several reloadings (in a bolt action and a single shot). I use Hornady brass in my 6.5 AR15.

Steve.........
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Alexander Arms,any good? - 11/29/20
Originally Posted by cra1948
Friend of my son’s won an Alexander Arms upper in .458 SOCOM a while back and didn’t want it, so my grandson has a new favorite rifle.

Found out I was lying again....the lower he put the .458 SOCOM upper on was an AA; the .458 SOCOM upper was a Bear Creek Arenal, total price for upper: .$219.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Alexander Arms,any good? - 11/30/20
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Think so, but not positive w/o looking it up again.

MM

No. Arne Brennan developed the round and I did some test shooting for Arne at 600 playing with it. He approached AA with it and they gave it a name and there it was.

For all intents its a 6.5 PPC.
© 24hourcampfire