Home
Posted By: MtnBoomer 6.5 Grendel BCG - 02/04/21
Anything available on the parts are parts approved list?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 02/05/21
Odin?
Posted By: Hudge Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 02/05/21
I don’t think you’ll go wrong with Odin. When I was shopping for a BCG for my 6 ARC build, Aero Precision was all I could find. I guess I’ll see how it holds up over time.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 02/06/21
Not like there's many options. I need to do anything, but, got the urge...

Scratch the extra 6.5 Grendel, I am making a 7.62x39 first.
Posted By: charleeontop Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 02/06/21
How about a quality bolt, Do you have a carrier?

https://rubbercityarmory.com/product/6-5-grendel-complete-bolt-only/

Or complete here

https://rubbercityarmory.com/product/6-5mm-grendel-standard-mass-m16-profile-complete/

I got a 5.56 bolt and carrier a couple weeks back web site said back order available and it shipped a couple day later.
I also got an 7.62x39 bolt only it was in stock.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 02/06/21
Good idea, I decided to go that route for the 7.63x39 bolt. Bought a few PSA Toolcrafts BCGs, one is getting a Rubber City 7.62 bolt. Little Ruskie barrel selection was sparse, decided to try a Green Mtn chrome lined barrel. Been watching parts availability, stuff goes fast.
Posted By: charleeontop Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 02/07/21
Glad it is working out for you
Posted By: SandRat Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 02/07/21
Originally Posted by charleeontop
How about a quality bolt, Do you have a carrier?

https://rubbercityarmory.com/product/6-5-grendel-complete-bolt-only/

Or complete here

https://rubbercityarmory.com/product/6-5mm-grendel-standard-mass-m16-profile-complete/

I got a 5.56 bolt and carrier a couple weeks back web site said back order available and it shipped a couple day later.
I also got an 7.62x39 bolt only it was in stock.

I second that Rubber City Armory 65G BCG. I got one last Summer and am very pleased with it.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 02/07/21
Just in case anyone is looking...
$200 20" Chrome lined FN
https://www.primaryarms.com/fn-america-5.56-button-cut-rifle-length-gas-system-govt-barrel-20in
Posted By: kk alaska Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 03/10/21
6.5 BCG 436 in stock I have bought 3 uppers from them no issues at all

https://www.ar15part.com/AR-15-Bolt-Carrier-Group-s/1927.htm
Posted By: Kaiser Norton Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 03/11/21
Originally Posted by kk alaska
6.5 BCG 436 in stock I have bought 3 uppers from them no issues at all

https://www.ar15part.com/AR-15-Bolt-Carrier-Group-s/1927.htm

Does this company rape everyone on their shipping charges? For a $90 dollar order, $33 seems a tad steep! I don't give a [bleep] about "I should be grateful they have it in stock" - a rip off is a rip off!

Kaiser Norton
Posted By: kk alaska Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 03/11/21
They used to ship USPS for around $15 even to Alaska they changed to UPS and prices reflect that.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 03/11/21
Originally Posted by kk alaska
They used to ship USPS for around $15 even to Alaska they changed to UPS and prices reflect that.

LOL

I asked them by email WTF for $18 shipping for one solitary 556 bolt. "Oh, out of our hands, that's the minimum UPS... Blah blah blah.

I responded with information about UPS and USPS flat rate services and fuuck me just use first class mail. Crickets.

I will potentially do limited business with them, but, if they're willing to fuuck their customers like that, hmmmmm.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 03/11/21
Just received a trigger came in a small USPS flat rate box $29!! shipping going to call and bring the thread to their attention! Most AR Parts stores are similar priced for shipping to Alaska Jo Bobs is $10 . AR15 Parts used to be great around $15 2 years ago when they used USPS which is faster and more reliable for Alaska shipping.

Plus I returned a fixed stock to them and shipped it USPS Falt rate med box. around $15
If it helps, I just sent AR15part.com a GFY invitation.... Basically said they're trying to screw folks and lying about it. Probably get banned. LOL

[email protected]

And then placed an order elsewhere that shipped for an appropriate $5.95...
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
If it helps, I just sent AR15part.com a GFY invitation.... Basically said they're trying to screw folks and lying about it. Probably get banned. LOL

[email protected]

And then placed an order elsewhere that shipped for an appropriate $5.95...

And their response....

"I appreciate your business, and I understand your position on the UPS shipping charge. We have software that calculates the rates based upon the weight of the package and the destination of delivery.

We don’t make any money on the shipping charges..."

So, clearly, it's not their fault, it's their software's fault. LOL

So, I got all but but but about it and gave further details in another email...
Posted By: kk alaska Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 03/12/21
Jard trigger shipping cost $24.79 UPS Sure post shipped in a USPS small Priority box would have been around $8 shipped USPS Flat rate

Order Summary:

Product Subtotal: $64.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $24.79
Grand Total: $89.78
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 03/12/21
Holy cow. Another response from AR15part.com.

They refunded my last shipping charge! And are looking at UPS Flat Rate to better serve their customers!

I said thanks, and pleaded for USPS options for my Alaskan brethren.

From another vendor today, a solitary AR15 bolt. Charged $10. Package, a small bubble envelope, marked $4.00, First Class mail... Methinks $4.50 would have been appropriate.
Posted By: Hudge Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 03/12/21
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Holy cow. Another response from AR15part.com.

They refunded my last shipping charge! And are looking at UPS Flat Rate to better serve their customers!

I said thanks, and pleaded for USPS options for my Alaskan brethren.

From another vendor today, a solitary AR15 bolt. Charged $10. Package, a small bubble envelope, marked $4.00, First Class mail... Methinks $4.50 would have been appropriate.

That’s awesome. Can you remind some businesses that Alaska is part of the US as well? That would be great!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 03/12/21
Done!
Posted By: auk1124 Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 03/16/21
FYI,

AT3 Tactical has complete type 2 grendel bcg's in stock right now for 136 bucks, free shipping. They do collect state taxes though.

Don't know jack squat about their bcg's, but I like their upper receivers and hand guards well enough. Gonna try one.

Caveat emptor as always...
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by auk1124
FYI,

AT3 Tactical has complete type 2 grendel bcg's in stock right now for 136 bucks, free shipping. They do collect state taxes though.

Don't know jack squat about their bcg's, but I like their upper receivers and hand guards well enough. Gonna try one.

Caveat emptor as always...

Thanks, I'll take a look.
Posted By: asheepdog Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 06/12/21
Originally Posted by Hudge
I don’t think you’ll go wrong with Odin. When I was shopping for a BCG for my 6 ARC build, Aero Precision was all I could find. I guess I’ll see how it holds up over time.

For what it’s worth, my gunsmith says Aero is good to go. I built an AR 308 with Aero parts and so far so good, but it’s only had a hundred o4 so rounds through it, still early in the game.
Posted By: Hudge Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by asheepdog
Originally Posted by Hudge

For what it’s worth, my gunsmith says Aero is good to go. I built an AR 308 with Aero parts and so far so good, but it’s only had a hundred o4 so rounds through it, still early in the game.

No issues so far. I haven't ran it too hard, but the three times I've had it out, it's performed great. I do think the ejector spring is a little too stiff, so I snipped a couple coils off. I will see how that works once I can get back to the range.
Posted By: badwolf Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 06/26/21
Will a 6.5 grendel bolt work for 7.62x39?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 06/26/21
Originally Posted by badwolf

Maybe. There's boltface depth considerations between the various Grendels and the Russian. Hopefully someone will jump in to explain. It's beyond my current gaf.

I abandoned building another Grendel in favor of a 7.62x39 and sourced a 7.62x39 specific bolt and firing pin from a reputable manufacturer with hopes it'd be good for steel-case and mil-surplus ammo...
Posted By: 79S Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 06/26/21
Originally Posted by badwolf

No you will have major head space issues..
Posted By: kk alaska Re: 6.5 Grendel BCG - 06/29/21
Copied and pasted

The original Grendel, and what we now call Type II 6.5 Grendel, was designed to be used with a Grendle bolt, or.136 head spacing.

The patent was never released and to avoid any legal litigations, Les Baer Custom had adjusted 6.5 Grendel design of the barrel to make it .125 head spacing. We are now call it Type I Grendel. LBC has .295 diameter neck while Grendel has .300 diameter neck.LBC has a straight taper in the throat while Grendel has a compound taper.

The beauty is, LBC designed the .264 LBC cartridge to be completely compatible with a 6.5 Grendel. It also take 7.62x39 standard bolt, which in the long run gives a clinet greater flexibility to interchange their barrels on AR-15 platformwhile keeping the costs down.

https://adventurefootstep.com/6-5-grendel-type-2-bolt-vs-type-1/
© 24hourcampfire