Home
Seems like the supply of lowers has dried up, especially the 80% lowers... anyone have a source for these and jigs- or a jig they would lend me to build one?

TIA,
Bob
Rainer Arms has em

I think only polymer though
Try here

https://americanmadetactical.com/product-category/80-lower/
They are out of anodized, nobody has billet or anodized anymore. But you can get raw or polymer plus jig

https://www.righttobear.com/AR15-80-percent-lower-parts-and-tools-s/1855.htm
Originally Posted by Sheister
Seems like the supply of lowers has dried up, especially the 80% lowers... anyone have a source for these and jigs- or a jig they would lend me to build one?

TIA,
Bob

Well, it's not like companies have stopped producing. I have been scrounging (for stripped uppers and lowers and other parts) lately and inventory comes and goes quick. Getting on stock notifications and being ready to buy has worked. Just a suggestion. Hit it hard.
Sheister, what part of oregon? I've been to shops here in this state that have a bunch of them.. Just sayin
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Sheister, what part of oregon? I've been to shops here in this state that have a bunch of them.. Just sayin

I'm in Hillsboro. Been searching the stores around here and no luck so far unless I want to spend $180+ on an 80% receiver.... I found a few on the links provided above and a few links my nephew sent me, so need to get going on seeing if they have what I'm looking for and get to buying....

It was nice when inventory was good enough you could get whatever you wanted but I tallied a bit too long . I was hoping for an all FDE or burned bronze set up, but it looks like it might be a while before those show up again....

Bob

I'm in Hillsboro. Been searching the stores around here and no luck so far unless I want to spend $180+ on an 80% receiver.... I found a few on the links provided above and a few links my nephew sent me, so need to get going on seeing if they have what I'm looking for and get to buying....

It was nice when inventory was good enough you could get whatever you wanted but I tallied a bit too long . I was hoping for an all FDE or burned bronze set up, but it looks like it might be a while before those show up again....

Bob

Have you asked the guys on nw firearms?
Hey Bob, here are some for $80:

80% lower receiver

They are in stock.
Thanks, I had found those but , being the cheapskate I am I was hoping some of the $50 Andersons would come up on a site and they would be anodized so I wouldn't have to deal with it. Had to add $10 for the Fire/Safe engraving on the receiver and $15 for shipping, not to mention the jig cost, but with Biden in office I would really like to get at least one ghost rifle before he bans the world out from under us....

Ordered the PSA special today also, so my wife is going to be chewing my butt in a few weeks when the CC bill comes in but I can blame Biden and she might even go along with it.... wink

Bob
Thanks, I had found those but , being the cheapskate I am I was hoping some of the $50 Andersons would come up on a site and they would be anodized so I wouldn't have to deal with it. Had to add $10 for the Fire/Safe engraving on the receiver and $15 for shipping, not to mention the jig cost, but with Biden in office I would really like to get at least one ghost rifle before he bans the world out from under us....

Ordered the PSA special today also, so my wife is going to be chewing my butt in a few weeks when the CC bill comes in but I can blame Biden and she might even go along with it.... wink

Bob

Ha ha. Yeah, id blame Biden too. Glad you found one. I was going to point you to another shop 160 miles south east from you. They had about 30 80% lowers in stock, they were anodized black. I also asked one of the little hotties at oregon rifle works if they had any the other day and she said no. They did have some nice JP BCG's at decent prices and a chit ton of radian raptors for $85. Many more AR parts as well. As im sure you know. Its probably less than 10 miles from your house.
Checked them out and according to the website they are out of stock of everything, basically. I've been to their store a couple times- in fact I grew up in Tigard just a stones throw from where they are.... nice shop when they have inventory but their prices seemed a bit on the high side to me....
The best sources for 80's accept cash.
Hey Bob, here are some for $80:

80% lower receiver

They are in stock.

They make a nice product. They had anodized about a month ago. Don’t ask how I know.
I've thought about this and come up with the same answer
Better off standing outside of the gunshow entrance door with a cardboard sign saying" want to buy ar lower cash."
Stripped lowers around here in a private sale are going high. 200+ mainly because no records of sale unless it’s a pistol. Heck even the PSA lowers are going 99+ completely stripped.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Better off standing outside of the gunshow entrance door with a cardboard sign saying" want to buy ar lower cash."

Except around here due to the pandemic there haven't been any gun shows for quite a while and I'm not sure when the next one will be... and Slow Joe isn't waiting around on his Wreck the 2nd Amendment Tour....
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Except around here due to the pandemic there haven't been any gun shows for quite a while and I'm not sure when the next one will be... and Slow Joe isn't waiting around on his Wreck the 2nd Amendment Tour....

My club, not too far from where you live, had a gunshow last month...
Where are your shows at? What club do you belong to?
© 24hourcampfire