Home
It's a pretty rare one too. Not a Holy Grail, but not that common either, at least in the states.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Well...that's pretty damned neat.
I’ve never seen one. I should probably look at my Colt mags again!
Back in the late 80's, if I remember correctly, Colt made a batch of AR's in 222 Rem for export to France...
Posted By: TWR Re: So I have this Colt AR mag... - 02/24/21
Mexico used them too
Posted By: TWR Re: So I have this Colt AR mag... - 02/24/21
Ruger made the mini 14 in 222 as well. There were lots of countries/ areas that prohibited military cartridges.
Originally Posted by TWR
Ruger made the mini 14 in 222 as well. There were lots of countries/ areas that prohibited military cartridges.

soon to come to a state near you!
Neat!
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Back in the late 80's, if I remember correctly, Colt made a batch of AR's in 222 Rem for export to France...

Correct. I brought it up in the 222 vs 223 thread a few weeks ago.
Someday they’ll be counterfeiting.222 marked AR-15’s to sell on Gunbroker
Is there any difference in the mag vs 223?
The cases are so close do they just rename the mag or need to change the follower etc?

Hank
As far as I know, it's just the stamping on the bottom plate.
Clearly, possession of that magazine requires you to build a rifle to match.

It's like a rule.
Don't think I haven't already thought about that! LOL!
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Clearly, possession of that magazine requires you to build a rifle to match.

It's like a rule.

Lol. Actually, saw some .222 ammo at Walmart a couple days ago. Don't currently own a .222, but remembered seeing EQFD193's nice collection of Sakos and thought, Hmmmm. smile
Pretty damn cool.
I remember seeing an AR15 in 222 a long time ago. I"ve not seen a mini14 in it but I don't look at ruger stuff generally and certainly not junk like a mini so I may have walked by one and not realized it in stores or gun shows back in the day before all that got overly boring.
© 24hourcampfire