Home
As they are available.. I need one more.

BCM phosphate $189
Toolcraft phosphate $144

Both seem to be the proper stuff. Either or?

Rubber City fancy melonite but bolt not Carpenter 158. $199.
On this topic.

Springco 5 coil extractor spring is the go to? Keep or ditch the o-ring? SOLGW guy says trash them. What's the scoop?
The Toolcraft will be just fine...and I love BCM stuff. For a play gun, I have pretty much figured out any decent BCG is "good enough." I have been using the piss out of a cheap Melonite BCG from AIM Surplus for a few years and its been just as good as the "proper" BCGs I have.

I stopped using the O-Ring years back. I haven't taken the time to remove the ones I do have, but I dont put them in any more, and haven't had an issue as long as the 5-coil springs are used. The 5 coil Springco ought to be even betterer.
Thanks.

Anyone have any info on Pamax Tactical? They have melonite 556 Carpenter 158 bolts, $50.
MB,

The general rules is to run either the insert or the 0-ring but not both unless you're running pistol gas.
And on rifle gas, you commonly need neither.

I really like the BCM stuff, but I have plenty of Tool Craft stuff that doesn't tool craft on the side and have had exactly zero issue with them.
You'll never know the difference between those 2 BCG's.

But all things being equal, I really prefer a nitrided or PVD coated bolt simply for the ease of cleaning the bolt stem if you shoot it much. Given a choice, mag phos is last on my preference list.

You can get a "BLEM" complete nitrided BCG from RCA for $130. And don't worry about the 9310 bolt...........RCA knows what they are doing & they make BCG's for OEM's, most notably, Noveske.

He says subject to availability or backorder, but they usually go out within a day or 2.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
You'll never know the difference between those 2 BCG's.

But all things being equal, I really prefer a nitrided or PVD coated bolt simply for the ease of cleaning the bolt stem if you shoot it much. Given a choice, mag phos is last on my preference list.

You can get a "BLEM" complete nitrided BCG from RCA for $130. And don't worry about the 9310 bolt...........RCA knows what they are doing & they make BCG's for OEM's, most notably, Noveske.

He says subject to availability or backorder, but they usually go out within a day or 2.

MM

^^^^^^^^^+
You can get a "BLEM" complete nitrided BCG from RCA for $130.

Thanks for that. That's an insane deal considering general availability and what some quality bcgs are going for on GunBroker, for example.
Originally Posted by RufusG
You can get a "BLEM" complete nitrided BCG from RCA for $130.

Thanks for that. That's an insane deal considering general availability and what some quality bcgs are going for on GunBroker, for example.

Rufus, I picked one up as a spare on MM's recommendation and it's very nicely done. The coating is impeccable. I don't know where the "blem" is, but it's not noticeable to me. He's obviously very picky about his work.
Great. RCA for another look. (ORDERED) I have 3 of the Toolcrafts, just like have another option of comparable quality. I have RCA 7.62x39 bolt and a carrier on backorder thru a vendor.

Ar15part.com has their Carpenter 158 bolt assembly on sale for $50... Shows 24 available. Fughme $18 for UPS!

Thanks guys.

For SaGs I will put this here.
Wanting to use a carbine buffer and not wanting to spend SBA3 money, I got this KAK Blade 2M... They're toolfree length adjustable but otherwise like the other Blades, simple and economical. Like.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And stupid Optics Planet finally came through with this.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Great. RCA for another look. (ORDERED) I have 3 of the Toolcrafts, just like have another option of comparable quality. I have RCA 7.62x39 bolt and a carrier on backorder thru a vendor.

Ar15part.com has their Carpenter 158 bolt assembly on sale for $50... Shows 24 available. Fughme $18 for UPS!

Thanks guys.

For SaGs I will put this here.
Wanting to use a carbine buffer and not wanting to spend SBA3 money, I got this KAK Blade 2M... They're toolfree length adjustable but otherwise like the other Blades, simple and economical. Like.

And stupid Optics Planet finally came through with this.

I have that exact same barrel.
I'm very happy with it.
See, I listen..... LOL
Did I see previously that the Carpenter 158, Premium Bolt Assembly from Ar15part.com is AOK? (Purely securing for backup spare part purposes. Or might throw one in the PSA Pistol.)
I've never done any business with them, but I'd take a chance on it, maybe replace the extractor spring. BCM springs or the Sprinco's are both very good & known performers.

For sure check the headspace with several barrels & also check firing pin protrusion with the FP's that you might use.

I have several spare bolts, the most recent one from Faxon for $52, but 9310, not C-158.

MM
Looked on RCAs website for the blem 556 BCGs but couldn’t find it so I sent them an email. Is it on the web somewhere that I missed?
There it is.

https://rubbercityarmory.com/product/blem5-56-x-45223-standard-mass-m16-bcg-complete/
We'll see what I get... BTW their site says both Carpenter 158 and 9310... Was a misprint from their BCG listing, per email, the bolt is Carpenter 158.

I am all set for five builds, 'cept one handguard, length tbd! Damn OCD.

https://www.ar15part.com/5-56-223-Bolt-Assembly-p/556b.htm

I will have a couple extra to part with to spit the shipping.
If you're not too worried about being very light weight, take a look at WOA's handguard's..........they are fairly new, very nicely finished & have a long nut for solid mounting.

I used several of them in the past year & the price is unbeatable at $140, but they only offer 2 lengths & is does require a special (& expensive) wrench.

If you want a pic, let me know & I can take one.

If you end up deciding to use one, I will loan you the wrench.

MM

WOA Handguards
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Looked on RCAs website for the blem 556 BCGs but couldn’t find it so I sent them an email. Is it on the web somewhere that I missed?

Out of stock
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Out of stock

It apparently always says that. But, guys say that they ship within a few days. A coating expert by all reports.
Thanks again. Great stuff with the long nut. On my wish list.
We'll see what I get... BTW their site says both Carpenter 158 and 9310... Was a misprint from their BCG listing, per email, the bolt is Carpenter 158.

I am all set for five builds, 'cept one handguard, length tbd! Damn OCD.

https://www.ar15part.com/5-56-223-Bolt-Assembly-p/556b.htm

I will have a couple extra to part with to spit the shipping.

IF it's anything like the BCG in my Noveske, I'm sure it is a good one. When John was around, he was very picky, as to which parts he used in his rifles. I know RCA makes BCG's for Noveske now, but the one in my rifle was not made by them. Its an older rifle with a CMT BCG, according to Noveske. CMT also made BCG's for Colt, DD and Stag. I see on Noveske's site that they have RCA BCG's. I wish i could compare RCA's black nitride finish to the BCG in my rifle, as it is very good quality. Very easy to clean and tougher than the hubs of hell.. I believe Noveske has been using RCA BCG's since about 2015. As for you needing a handguard, there are some out there that would surprise you for the money. The one MM suggested, would be a good one and at a decent deal. The ones I buy work just as good as the infamous Noveske NSR:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

But a far cry less expensive. I'd rather spend my money on something else, like reloading components etc...:
I believe Noveske and RCA are affiliate companies now? Good stuff.

I really like the handguards with the partial rails.

Next need is one for my YakutskX39 build. I can't share the details at this time. LOL However, it will likely have a tube type handguard which I can cut to "exact" length. To assure the impending suspense, and to protect the innocent, I can say no more. 😜

I am looking forward to this weekend. I'll be taking over the 'dining' table for parts inventory, conceptualization, and assembly starting Friday morning.

Out of stock

Ordered yesterday. Just got the shipping notification from RCA.

Same with the bolts from Ar15part.com.
We’re the phosphate bcg’s that PSA used to sell on sale for $50 each the same as toolcraft now? I thought I heard mention that they made them for PSA.
Originally Posted by Scurvy_dog
We’re the phosphate bcg’s that PSA used to sell on sale for $50 each the same as toolcraft now? I thought I heard mention that they made them for PSA.

Not their $50.00 ones.
But it appears their Premium BCG's are made by toolcraft.

I haven't seen any of PSA's cheap PTAC line for a good while. I think they've discontinued it.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Scurvy_dog

Not their $50.00 ones.
But it appears their Premium BCG's are made by toolcraft.

I haven't seen any of PSA's cheap PTAC line for a good while. I think they've discontinued it.

I got these about 2 or 2.5 years ago. They look great. I don’t remember anything about the PTAC stuff. I thought that was their cheaper rifle line. Not sure how they would cheap out on the bcg though. The phosphate bolts were the cheap ones I thought? I’ll have to go take a look and see what the bolts say on them later.

Next need is one for my YakutskX39 build. I can't share the details at this time. LOL However, it will likely have a tube type handguard which I can cut to "exact" length. To assure the impending suspense, and to protect the innocent, I can say no more. 😜

I am looking forward to this weekend. I'll be taking over the 'dining' table for parts inventory, conceptualization, and assembly starting Friday morning.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I was hoping to get to shoot my new 6x45 this weekend, but I don't know if I'll have the die set by tomorrow. USPS is being super slow!!!! I was supposed to have it by the 23rd..
Waiting on the thread protector too. Has an unusual thread pitch (9/16x24). That was supposed to be here yesterday..

Out of stock

They're always "out of stock". Just order. You'll get one. Quickly.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Out of stock

Tracking number within 14 hours. LOL

Out of stock

So that's what you meant when you said you ordered and got shipping notification from RCA.
Sorry had to. Buy HK BCG
Huhh? Yes, they sent me a tracking number. That's like way better than an Optics Planet beanie, no?
Originally Posted by foxs
Sorry had to. Buy HK BCG

And? WTF is that supposed to mean? You are sorry you bought an HK BCG? Always heard they were good. Better luck next time.
After all parts is parts right? grin
Originally Posted by plainsman456
After all parts is parts right? grin

Heard that somewhere. LOL
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Sounds like a lot of fun. I was hoping to get to shoot my new 6x45 this weekend, but I don't know if I'll have the die set by tomorrow. USPS is being super slow!!!! I was supposed to have it by the 23rd..
Waiting on the thread protector too. Has an unusual thread pitch (9/16x24). That was supposed to be here yesterday..

Like the unique look...

This caught my eye and I might try it.

And this too.

Out of stock

Yep. That's how it worked for me, too.

Mine was that afternoon. Lol.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Like the unique look...

This caught my eye and I might try it.

And this too.

It may look funny. Hopefully it shoots well enough to make up for it.. If USPS tracking is correct, I'll be shooting it sunday..
Looked more silvery on my phone, but , not funny to me... I like the looks of ARs, beyond matte blacks... FDE, Titanium, Bronze, ODG, bring it on.
© 24hourcampfire