Home
Posted By: Sheister Low or Medium SWFA rings? - 03/04/21
Thinking about going to a 50mm objective scope on my AR and need to buy rings. I like the SWFA 1913 tac rings, but not sure which height I would need with this scope. Anyone have any experience using these rings on a rail with a 50mm obj? Lows, mediums, or highs?

Also, which adaptor are you using for a Harris bipod mount?

Bob
On an ar, just go with a good cantilever mount. As for harris bipod mount, I just use a sling stud mount that attaches to the bottom of the rail/handguard. Yours may attach differently, so its dependent on the style of bi-pod you have.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
On an ar, just go with a good cantilever mount. As for harris bipod mount, I just use a sling stud mount that attaches to the bottom of the rail/handguard. Yours may attach differently, so its dependent on the style of bi-pod you have.

Yep,
Cantilever's are the way to go on AR's.
Give me hell if you want..

For the frugal, under twenty-five clams. I dig it. There's multiple versions... The one I got appears it'll easily outrun stuff 3X the cost. Thread inserts are a nice touch. Que the every AR is a battle rifle crew.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Warhu...2C78-419C-A35E-B1DEDA56F1E5?ref_=ast_bln

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Give me hell if you want..

For the frugal, under twenty-five clams. I dig it. There's multiple versions... The one I got appears it'll easily outrun stuff 3X the cost. Thread inserts are a nice touch. Que the every AR is a battle rifle crew.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Warhu...2C78-419C-A35E-B1DEDA56F1E5?ref_=ast_bln

Is it for an airsoft gun?
A guy can spend more and get more or less the same from Burris, Vortex, SWFA imo. It's in the price group discussed here. Eg, like a set of SWFAs. .

It is just 6061-T6 aluminum... Burris PEPR, unspecified $90. SWFA SALT unspecified $55. Cheap Vortex? All Chinky yet functional.

The Vortex for a visual. $75-100. Got damn it looks the same.

Posted By: SeanD Re: Low or Medium SWFA rings? - 03/04/21
Lows or med will be pretty darn low, I’m not sure they would be useable. I’ve got lows on a Wyoming arms 1/2” riser and it’s still pretty low, about 1.35 I think. Great for prone for me but way lower than my other AR mounts. Most cantilever mounts are 1.4-1.5”. Lower 1/3 like my aimpoint PRO are like 1.63” I think. So just for reference.

Magpul m-lok bipod stud.
Now if we just got paid, I would go with cousin Warne for a hundredish. Not Chinky.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]CT
Posted By: kingston Re: Low or Medium SWFA rings? - 03/04/21
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Now if we just got paid, I would go with cousin Warne for a hundredish. Not Chinky.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]CT

MAGA
Sheister could probably drive over to Tualatin, tell them MtnB sent him, and they'd give him a mount just so he'd leave without a scene...
Posted By: Sheister Re: Low or Medium SWFA rings? - 03/04/21
Might be worth a drive over there just to get out of the house for a change and see if they have anything on the shelf.

Bob
Originally Posted by Sheister
Might be worth a drive over there just to get out of the house for a change and see if they have anything on the shelf.

Bob

No idea any more. Just don't cause no trouble! LOL

Hey, for what it's worth, I tried a set of MSR height Mtn Techs on one recently and it was close to being okay, but not ideal. The forward offset is the way to go. Good luck.

A pretty good way to see the plethora of mounts.
https://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=30mm+scope+mounts&psize=96&f_a=97
© 24hourcampfire