Home
Posted By: ldholton Form 1 questions - 05/10/21
Can a form 1 be filled out in any way with out having a passport?
If you have a Form 1 home-built suppressor and you later decide to do an improved model can you destroy the first one and build another same form and serial numbers?
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Form 1 questions - 05/11/21
You don't need a passport. You need a passport photo. In other words, the same type of photo that you can get at a drugstore that you would use to apply for a passport.
Posted By: RMerta Re: Form 1 questions - 05/12/21
I stood in front of a white door as my wife took a picture of me on my iPhone. Attached that to my form 1 application and bingo went right on through.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Form 1 questions - 05/31/21
How long are form 1s taking?
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Form 1 questions - 06/12/21
Originally Posted by ldholton
Can a form 1 be filled out in any way with out having a passport?
If you have a Form 1 home-built suppressor and you later decide to do an improved model can you destroy the first one and build another same form and serial numbers?

I would think that as far as that goes, you would probably have to keep part of the original suppressor, though I don’t know this for a fact. My reasoning is because if you have a machine gun, different animal I know, you can replace parts as it’s the receiver which is registered. I guess if you were replacing parts it seems like it would be okay.

I know that if you have a sealed suppressor, 22 LR comes to mind, the manufacturer has to cut them open but I’m not sure what their procedures are, though they are altering it. Just my opinion, I would pose that question to the ATF.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Form 1 questions - 06/20/21
Originally Posted by Esox357
How long are form 1s taking?

I had one approved in January; it took 5 months.
© 24hourcampfire