Home
Posted By: persiandog ARMALITE AR10 .308 trigger - 05/28/21
is ARMALITE AR10 .308 trigger adjustable? if not what are options to replace it?
Posted By: UPhiker Re: ARMALITE AR10 .308 trigger - 05/28/21
Any AR15 trigger should fit.
The ALG Defense Advanced Combat Trigger (ACT) is reputed to be an AR308 trigger.
I'm running one in my PSA GEN 2 AR308 and it works very well.
What poundage is it at?
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
What poundage is it at?

i don't see it in the manual , single stage .
RRA 2 STAGE VARMINT MATCH

$85
Not really getting this thread. There are so many triggers you can put in this AR10 Armalite of yours. As of now, I've tried the Geiselle SSAE. Found out it was too light for that rifle and my preferences. Armalite 2 stage National Match trigger: Found out it was not as good as the fairly inexpensive RRA 2 stage varmint match (the one I linked above). CMC single stage 3.5 pound pull. That's what is in it right now and it's been working good. Had I not needed the RRA 2 stage match trigger out of it for another rifle, the rifle would not have the single stage CMC in it. I'd also suggest the Larue tactical MBT2S trigger, but according to the thread I started, the wait time is 3+ months on that trigger. If you don't mind the wait, that is a great trigger.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: ARMALITE AR10 .308 trigger - 06/05/21
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

This ^^^^
I have one in an AR. It is the tits.

kwg
Posted By: UPhiker Re: ARMALITE AR10 .308 trigger - 06/05/21
Not really getting this thread.
I don't think the OP knew that the AR10/15 used the same triggers.
Originally Posted by UPhiker

I didn't , took my ar10 to range and couldn't zero it, I asked a friend to try it and he said change the trigger.
Posted By: JPro Re: ARMALITE AR10 .308 trigger - 06/05/21

That’s my choice also.
is it true AR10 is trademarked by armalite and no other company can market an AR10?
Posted By: UPhiker Re: ARMALITE AR10 .308 trigger - 06/05/21
Originally Posted by persiandog

I didn't , took my ar10 to range and couldn't zero it, I asked a friend to try it and he said change the trigger.

Once you get the new trigger, I'm sure that BSArtist will start haranguing you, asking why you haven't shot the BRC yet.
is it true AR10 is trademarked by armalite and no other company can market an AR10?

That is true. The others are actually referred to as AR308's etc. Armalite is the only one with full rights to the term "AR10".

Once you get the new trigger, I'm sure that BSArtist will start haranguing you, asking why you haven't shot the BRC yet.

No need to. I've found out most guys can't shoot for chidt, so they won't shoot the challenge. Just how it is. YOU can't prove otherwise, or prove me wrong. The truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it?

It all depends on the trigger you have in yours. My AR10 308 had an Armalite National Match trigger in it. Yours may be a gritty pos mil spec trigger. A good trigger is not going to change the accuracy of the rifle, but it will allow you to shoot it better. If that makes any sense, and if you are like me, every little bit helps. Read my other post with suggestions in it. All the ones I mentioned are good-great triggers and would work very well in your AR10. Also, do you have a preference towards a single stage or 2 stage trigger? How heavy or light of a pull do you want? All things that need to be thought about when considering a good AR trigger.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: ARMALITE AR10 .308 trigger - 06/06/21

No need to. I've found out most guys can't shoot for chidt, so they won't shoot the challenge. Just how it is. YOU can't prove otherwise, or prove me wrong. The truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it?
Most people don't buy an AR to benchrest it. When's the last time you shot yours XTC?
© 24hourcampfire