Home
I'm working on another AR build and I'm looking for a trigger. I want to keep it under $150 and would much prefer to keep it under $100. I'm not focusing on long-range with this build. This is primarily a 100 yards or less gun. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

EDIT: I want to go with a single stage with this build
2 stage, either the Larue MBTS or the RRA 2 stage varmint match. The RRA can be had for $79.95 quite often. The only downfall on the Larue is the wait time..
Another nod for RRA Varmint
It says it's a 2 stage but I sure don't feel it in the 6 I have

Cheapest I have found them lately here

https://www.fortbradley.com/product-p/rratriggernmvarmint.htm
Originally Posted by HTDUCK
Another nod for RRA Varmint
It says it's a 2 stage but I sure don't feel it in the 6 I have

Cheapest I have found them lately here

https://www.fortbradley.com/product-p/rratriggernmvarmint.htm

Right to bear arms has them for $79.95 a lot of times. The other day I was looking at them and they were in stock, now they show out of stock. The op was a day late and a dollar short. $84 still isn't bad on that trigger though. As far as not feeling the 2 stage, something is wrong, because you should definitely be able to feel the 2 stage.
The Larue is great; also the Geiselle G2S Blem for $115 (when available).

MM
Not 2 stage , velocity , rise armament
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.co...-Trigger-3-5lb-Single-p/mi-trigger-c.htm

I’m not a huge AR guy but I have one of these and I think it is really nice. Way better than the PCC pistol caliber trigger on my other one. It is sweet.
Another vote for RRA 2 Stage.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=1339
Originally Posted by Slope77
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.co...-Trigger-3-5lb-Single-p/mi-trigger-c.htm

I’m not a huge AR guy but I have one of these and I think it is really nice. Way better than the PCC pistol caliber trigger on my other one. It is sweet.

Sorry, it wasn’t a PCC, it was a CMC. Bought it because it was specific for pistol caliber ARs.
That Midwest looks like a rebranded KE Arms trigger. I have one (rebranded by someone else and I think mine is the DMR model) and like it. It’s better than the CMC.

For CMC money they’re just not THAT much better than a PNT milspec trigger, IMO. CMC is better, but not at double the price.
LaRue MBT2
And don’t get the LaRue single stage. The cmc is better.

Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
That Midwest looks like a rebranded KE Arms trigger. I have one (rebranded by someone else and I think mine is the DMR model) and like it. It’s better than the CMC.

For CMC money they’re just not THAT much better than a PNT milspec trigger, IMO. CMC is better, but not at double the price.

In your opinion, is the CMC worth the extra $ over a smoothed out mil spec trigger like a BCM PNT or ALG ACT?
I like my 2 stage RRA Varmint better than a CMC single stage I had. Never would have guessed it. Have three 2-stage on bolt guns now too. No issues with back and forth.
I like the MB2 but like was said the wait is something else.

But worth it.
Originally Posted by JPro
I like my 2 stage RRA Varmint better than a CMC single stage I had. Never would have guessed it. Have three 2-stage on bolt guns now too. No issues with back and forth.

Same here, on all accounts, except I don't have any bolt action rifles with 2 stage triggers. They don't bother me at all on my AR's though. I tried to like my CMC as much as the RRA's, but it just didn't happen. Not that the CMC is a bad trigger, because it is a very good single stage with a 3.5 pound pull. Just feels weird on an AR. I guess I appreciate the 2 stage more. I've also had the BCM PNT and didn't like it at all. The Armalite national match trigger I had was much better than the BCM. Geiselle G2S's are much better as well. However, the PNT is just a cheap trigger. I Don't expect too much out of it..
CMC 2.5lb 3 Gun drop in trigger, usually on sale for $130ish
Originally Posted by CrazyCoot
I'm working on another AR build and I'm looking for a trigger. I want to keep it under $150 and would much prefer to keep it under $100. I'm not focusing on long-range with this build. This is primarily a 100 yards or less gun. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

For a short range single stage, the Rise Armament cassette trigger is fine. Aim Surplus has them on sale right now for 90 bucks.
I’m using CMC single stage 2.5 lb triggers in all my rifles. Started using them in 2008 and I’ve never had an issue.

Joeboboutfitters

Also try Primary Arms and CDNN for a better price.

EDIT: appears CDNN doesn’t have any and Primary Arms is $167. I’ve ordered from Joe Bob before and never had a problem with them.
SCAM

Fort Bradley is a scam site. I tried to buy a set of triggers (2) for $180. last night and I'm looking at $900.+ in charges. Contact number given by CC company is (702) 536-5938 It does not go anywhere. It is not a valid number. Site states "no return" policy and no way to contact.

I've canceled my card due to the link posted above.
Originally Posted by Hal4son
SCAM

Fort Bradley is a scam site. I tried to buy a set of triggers (2) for $180. last night and I'm looking at $900.+ in charges. Contact number given by CC company is (702) 536-5938 It does not go anywhere. It is not a valid number. Site states "no return" policy and no way to contact.

I've canceled my card due to the link posted above.

Thanks for letting us know. For those wanting a good deal on the RRA I suggested, one of my favorite places has them in stock again:

RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger $79.95
Just got an email from Larue about the MBT-2S Trigger.

Larue says they have "thousands made and ready for y’all..."

https://www.larue.com/products/laru...?mc_cid=100f0871f7&mc_eid=bc3b299cea

Originally Posted by Mark Larue
It’s OctobARfest and Black Friday ... ‘cause I said so. I’m launching a little early this year to let y’all get a jump on the looming Christmas freight / delivery bottleneck.

Thanks to over 200,000 of y’all, our MBT triggers have become our annual tobacco crop. The trigger shop folks steadily build triggers all year long, handing them off / piling them up, for the November tobacco auction aka Black Friday Sale.

Week 1 of our LaRue OctobARfest is The MBT - Massively Big Trigger sale !

We’ve got thousands made and ready for y’all to upgrade a few of the millions of ARs that came from the factory with those nasty, atrocious triggers in ‘em.

Buy yourself 1 for $99, or get 3 or more for just $89 each, 5 or more for $79. each.

Thanks for helping put us on the map - the Dead Center of Texas.
Aim small, hit small,
Mark LaRue
Nice. I'm wondering why it was taking 3-4 months for guys to get them after placing their orders? I'd be curious to see what the actual wait time is now..
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Nice. I'm wondering why it was taking 3-4 months for guys to get them after placing their orders? I'd be curious to see what the actual wait time is now..

I ordered one, so will let you know.
Mind boggling how almost nobody noticed or cared that the OP stated he wanted a single stage, here is a page of single stage triggers that every single one is better than a RRA twostage Single stage triggers

The Phantom is a great trigger for the money at $90
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Mind boggling how almost nobody noticed or cared that the OP stated he wanted a single stage, here is a page of single stage triggers that every single one is better than a RRA twostage Single stage triggers

The Phantom is a great trigger for the money at $90

Not really, 'cuz had you been following the thread, the OP made the edit, "I want to go with a single stage with this build" after posters began responding.

At least somebody "noticed" and "cared," eh. grin

Was only one post in by the time of EDIT
LaRue of course has single stage triggers as well. But I checked and they’re BOd
well I broke down and ordered my first ever replacement AR trigger. One of those LaRue ones.
Originally Posted by shootem
LaRue of course has single stage triggers as well. But I checked and they’re BOd

The LaRue single stage is the worst bargain on the market.
Originally Posted by MarkWV
I’m using CMC single stage 2.5 lb triggers in all my rifles. Started using them in 2008 and I’ve never had an issue.

Joeboboutfitters

Also try Primary Arms and CDNN for a better price.

EDIT: appears CDNN doesn’t have any and Primary Arms is $167. I’ve ordered from Joe Bob before and never had a problem with them.

Any of those rimfire?
I’ve used CMCs in a 15-22 without issue.

Was that a flippant remark ?
I have a RRA single stage Match in my AR. Got it from "Right to Bear" Absolutely love it. Excellent trigger for the money.

Was that a flippant remark ?

Completely serious. It felt just like a polished milspec.
Was fooling around with an Aero Precision stock trigger in an AP lower. Drag, stop, drag stop…..break. Started thinking I could pull this out and polish it and it might make a good spare. Then realized it would just feel like what you said. A looong drag then a false start or two before the break. A polished mil.

Since you edited this to now wanting a single stage trigger, I really can't think of any that I'd use that has a regular retail price of less than $150. Cheap single stage triggers are not a good thing, IMO & I'd much rather have a lower end 2-stage.

But sometimes you can find the Rise RA-535 on sale for around $170'ish or maybe a little better & it's a great trigger, especially at that price.

The best single stage, IMO, is the Elftmann Match, but it's rarely found for less than $200.

You might still be able to find a Lantac labeled trigger, made by Rise & they are decent; I don't know who's making their current triggers.

CMC's are a far distance behind either of the first 2 listed above.

TriggerTech is a great trigger too if you can find one of their better versions at a decent price, but I rarely see them below around $210'ish.

MM
For a while CMC made some Lantac branded triggers. I don’t know when the switch to or from Rise was made.

MM, I’ve got a Elf flat trigger I’ll trade for a Geissele curved trigger if you’ve got a spare.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/midwest-industries-enhanced-ar15-trigger.html
For a while CMC made some Lantac branded triggers. I don’t know when the switch to or from Rise was made.

MM, I’ve got a Elf flat trigger I’ll trade for a Geissele curved trigger if you’ve got a spare.

Rise doesn't seem to be making the Lantac's now as a I got one a little while back that was not marked as a Rise trigger, as were a couple of previous ones & it looked slightly different................so I don't know who's making them now; yes, CMC had made some earlier than that.

Sorry Blue, the only spare that I have right now is a Geiselle G2S, but it's going into a build soon & I'd just as soon keep the 2 stage for that build. That wouldn't be a fair trade anyway as the G2S is a BLEM & has much less $$$ value than the Elf.

But if you just want a curved trigger, Elf will sell you just the trigger itself, as I recall, so you could change it out.

From the Elf website:

Q: I purchased a Curved trigger and would like to try the straight (or vice-versa) Can I purchase just the trigger bar and swap it out?

A: Yes – Please leave your contact information on our "contact us" page and someone will contact you. We don't sell "ala cart" on the website because some changes and improvements have been made to the triggers over the past year and not all parts are interchangeable.

MM
tag
Originally Posted by skeen

Tracking number says it'll be here tomorrow.

Tracking number says it'll be here tomorrow.

Sounds much better than just a few months ago.
CMC at Primary Arms are $99 for next 24 hours. Good deal.

https://www.primaryarms.com/cmc-ar-...age-3.5lb-curved-trigger-mil-spec-.154in
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Very good deal.

Sorry I missed that.
Originally Posted by g5m

Sorry I missed that.

I got an email from them and picked one up. Been happy with the one I have and for that price I couldn’t pass it up.
Rise armament Rave 140 is an outstanding budget trigger. Under $100 at aim surplus
Rise Armament Rave 140, $99.00 and free shipping at Optics Planet. I bought another one last week and got it today.
© 24hourcampfire