Home
Posted By: Kaiser Norton Deceased by 6ARC - 11/15/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Filled my antlerless tag here in ND Saturday evening, just before sundown. This "doe" turned out to be a nubbin buck - I didn't even notice until it was time to cut the slit in the ear for the tag. Rifle is a 6ARC built on a Seekins upper/lower with a Proof Research Barrel, Magpul stock, SD Tactical custom handguard, Ergo grip, Triggertech trigger, and an Athlon 2.5x15 scope that I bought out of the classifieds here. Ammo was the Hornady Black 105gr hp (rifle's preferred load). I actually shot the deer twice, both at about 100yds. First shot was on the point of the right front shoulder( as you can see) and at the shot he hopped forward about ten feet and turned broadside (left side) looking back the way he had come. I knew he was basically dead on his feet, but since he was still standing I put a second round into him to be certain. Two steps forward and a face plant into the dirt.

Know to start looking for some coyotes......

Kaiser Norton
Posted By: pullit Re: Deceased by 6ARC - 11/15/21
Congrats
Thumbs Up!!!
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Deceased by 6ARC - 11/15/21
Great! I am having some health problems and probably won't go this year, maybe next year.

Nearly took out a healthy big 8 pointer crossing the road while I was going to the dr. this morning though - mine would have been "Deceased by Nissan SUV" lol
Posted By: rost495 Re: Deceased by 6ARC - 11/16/21
Nice work.

2 shots. I just don't see why. But YMMV

Nubs. I"m also constantly amazed at how many miss seeing them. Looking for a doe the first things we do are check nubs and check hock color. Can't say we have shot a nub by accident since the late 70s. Again some may not care. YMMV.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Deceased by 6ARC - 11/16/21
Nice job!
Posted By: Kaiser Norton Re: Deceased by 6ARC - 11/17/21
Part Deux......This evening, range...30 feet. DRT....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Deceased by 6ARC - 11/17/21
It's good to know the 105 will perform at these velocities. Would you expect the same performance at 200 yards and further? I have a bunch of those 105s for my 6mm AR but I haven't done anything with them except a little range testing.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Deceased by 6ARC - 11/17/21
Originally Posted by rost495
Nice work.

2 shots. I just don't see why. But YMMV

Nubs. I"m also constantly amazed at how many miss seeing them. Looking for a doe the first things we do are check nubs and check hock color. Can't say we have shot a nub by accident since the late 70s. Again some may not care. YMMV.

and now that I've said it I can see my next doe having nubs. LOL. At least I try to use a spotting scope if I'm going to shoot em far enough away that binocs won't reveal. lol
Posted By: Hunterapp Re: Deceased by 6ARC - 11/28/21
[img]https://6mmarc.com/attachment.php?aid=328[/img]

Do bolt action builds count?
Posted By: Hudge Re: Deceased by 6ARC - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by Hunterapp

Yep! I can’t see the attachment, but what bolt action is it?
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Deceased by 6ARC - 11/29/21
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by Hunterapp

Yep! I can’t see the attachment, but what bolt action is it?

I can't see it either.
© 24hourcampfire