Home
Posted By: UPhiker SIG MCX Spear - 01/16/22
Sig just announced that they are selling a civilian version for the low, low price of only $8000. Something doesn't smell right to me. First, I'll state that I'm not a big fan of Ron Cohen. I find it unusual that they are offering it while touting the army trials but a winner hasn't been decided on yet. The gun has many innovative features, which may be its downfall. It uses a proprietary cartridge that operates at extremely high pressures. It also requires a suppressor because of muzzle blast. Could it be that things aren't going smoothly and SIG is trying to get some money out of a failed project before the Army's "no" becomes official? With limited commercial appeal, especially at that price, ammunition availability may be very low. Remember how the 6.8mm SPC was the hot cartridge until the military didn't adopt it? I worked in a gun store when the FN SCAR was being tested. We couldn't keep them on the shelves. Then, it was just adopted by a few small units and interested died quickly. People are only willing to spend big money on weapons that the real "operators" use. What do others think?

https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-spear.html
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: SIG MCX Spear - 01/16/22
That's pretty spendy.

I'll be happy with a serviceable AR or AK.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: SIG MCX Spear - 01/16/22
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
That's pretty spendy.

I'll be happy with a serviceable AR or AK.

Yeah, a $1200 milspec AR, a $1000 optic, a bunch of Pmags and a case of M855 and you'd still have $5000 in the bank.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: SIG MCX Spear - 01/18/22
Dear Sig, No Thank You.

As my Dad used to say, He bought it and now he wants you to pay for it.
© 24hourcampfire