Home
Posted By: Achigan1 Spikes Tactical - 01/21/22
Quick shout out to Spikes for some pretty great service.

I have a couple of Spikes AR pistols - a 9MM and a 300BO. Both have been reliable and accurate since day 1.

The 300 has 3-400 rounds thought it and started failing to cycle 100%. I gave it a pretty thorough cleaning and lube - no change. Gas rings looked good, key screws solid and staked, gas system clean - all checked ok but finally failed to cycle at all.

Scratching my head I grabbed another Spikes BCG I was planning to use in another build and the 300 was running fine all over again. Tried the non-functioning BCG in a Wilson and Aero upper just for fun and no cycle again. Hmmm.

Reached out to Spikes asking if I could send them the non-running BCG so they could take a look at it.

Pretty happy that about an hour later they sent me a free advance replacement BCG (arrived last night) and a return label for the old one without a single question.

Sure appreciated the great response.
Posted By: pullit Re: Spikes Tactical - 01/22/22
I have had good experience with them as well
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Spikes Tactical - 01/23/22
I'd be happy with that response, too.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Spikes Tactical - 01/23/22
Sounds like they went above and beyond. That is great. I don't have or use any Spikes BCG's, but I do use their uppers and lowers. Never any problems with those.
Posted By: 257 roberts Re: Spikes Tactical - 01/23/22
I bought a Spikes complete lower at a gun show some years back and wanted a matching Spikes upper so I called Spikes and ordered one, about 2 months later I get a call that it's ready to be shipped and I asked if I could drive up and pick it up and they said yes ( I live about 60 miles from them) I got there and they asked if I had my lower with me and I said yes and the guy that I was talking to told me to bring it in and he gave it to one of the guys working and then asked if I would like to see their factory and gave me a tour When we finished he gave me my complete gun back and a bunch of decals, a hat and 2 -20mags for free and thanked me for buying Spikes......the gun has been fantastic so far
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Spikes Tactical - 01/23/22
Love their lowers.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Spikes Tactical - 01/23/22
Originally Posted by 257 roberts
I bought a Spikes complete lower at a gun show some years back and wanted a matching Spikes upper so I called Spikes and ordered one, about 2 months later I get a call that it's ready to be shipped and I asked if I could drive up and pick it up and they said yes ( I live about 60 miles from them) I got there and they asked if I had my lower with me and I said yes and the guy that I was talking to told me to bring it in and he gave it to one of the guys working and then asked if I would like to see their factory and gave me a tour When we finished he gave me my complete gun back and a bunch of decals, a hat and 2 -20mags for free and thanked me for buying Spikes......the gun has been fantastic so far

Now, that is an awesome story. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Spikes Tactical - 01/24/22
Originally Posted by 257 roberts

sounds much like my experience with Spikes. I bought an lower, and then later, an upper. Picked it up from their place in Apopka. They fitted them together for me, and even provided lunch.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Spikes Tactical - 01/24/22
I have a couple of Spikes uppers. One is a.22, one of the earliest rimfire uppers. The other is a 9mm, and I've put many thousands of rounds through it with no issues.
Posted By: Achigan1 Re: Spikes Tactical - 02/08/22
Well, interesting follow up.

Thought I'd checked it well but it was the front carrier key screw broken.

Spikes sent me a note to explain - also that the BCG they had sent me was phosphate and my old one was nickel boron.

Even though I said we were square and I was up and running (and I should have found the screw issue) John sent me a nickel boron BGC and a return label for the replacement unit.

Dang fine customer service all around there men.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Spikes Tactical - 02/08/22
Good service for sure!
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Spikes Tactical - 02/09/22
I'm glad Spikes treats their customers well. I have a few and love them. Seems I like buying Spikes products like their buffers too. Most of my rifles use their ST-T2 buffers. They work perfectly in most of my set-ups. I also have matching spikes receivers and the fit is very good. My favorite rifle uses a Spikes lower..
© 24hourcampfire