Home
Posted By: Raeford Make? - 03/11/22
Picked up this upper[for basically nothing] and I know basically nothing re; AR's.
Brand?
Any value?

Thanks

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Make? - 03/11/22
That logo is on the Midwest Industries Handguards I have here.

Seem to be fairly high quality items.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Make? - 03/11/22
Looks like PSA with a MI rail.
MI makes "special" rails for PSA.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Make? - 03/11/22
Thanks

Have $100 in it[includes sights etc].
SPARK red dot, not sure of brand on flip-ups.

Guess I did okay?
Supposedly only 20 rounds through it.

A guy son works with bought new, didn't like or needed $$, son kept the lower to add to collection and knew I wanted a .223 upper for mine.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Make? - 03/11/22
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

Vic - that's the "M-Loc" trademark patented by Magpul - it's for the slots in the rails - not the rail manufacturer.

IMHO - the upper for a $100 is a decent investment - a stripped upper is $35-60, BCG is $80 and up, and the rail is $80 and up - add the small parts in - you're over $300-350 without the sights and Sparc.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Make? - 03/11/22
Originally Posted by AH64guy

Vic - that's the "M-Loc" trademark patented by Magpul - it's for the slots in the rails - not the rail manufacturer.

IMHO - the upper for a $100 is a decent investment - a stripped upper is $35-60, BCG is $80 and up, and the rail is $80 and up - add the small parts in - you're over $300-350 without the sights and Sparc.

Thanks
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Make? - 03/11/22
Originally Posted by AH64guy

Okay. All I have are Midwest Industries handguards, and all are M-loc, so stands to reason. The attachment to the nut seemed different, but they have different series and I assumed that's what it was.

Thanks for the info.
Posted By: moreammoplz Re: Make? - 03/11/22
Nice pick up
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Make? - 03/12/22
You did fine... If I was selling at a gun show... I would put on the table at $300+
© 24hourcampfire