Home
Posted By: MrMuskie 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 02/01/23
Own a RR Varmint 223. Thinking about a 6mm ARC switchover.

Anyone played with one ?
Posted By: scoony Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 02/01/23
Oh yeah. Mucho fun. Built one for the son with a Proof Research carbon barrel. With a suppressor, it is like shooting a pop gun that smacks steel a far.

Going to build one for myself this year. Just pondering barrels.
I’ll be putting 2 ARCs together in the next few months. I’ve been waiting for something like this for the AR for decades. I’ve owned literally more than 100 ARs over the years and while I love the platform itself I can’t warm up to the .223. We can’t hunt big game with anything smaller than 6mm so I never used one for hunting which might’ve softened my attitude if I’d used one successfully for deer.

I like the Grendel but I think the 6ARC is a better mousetrap all the way around.
In a bolt action mini action rifle, the 6mm ARC is my new favorite deer cartridge. Very frequently I see the 6mm ARC comes with lots of advantages in the ar 15 package. Long range energy on target is a stand out to be sure.
ordered an upper from grendel hunter, shoots excellent. sent it back to polish out the chattermarks in the chamber.
shoots 8,9, and 10 during sight in.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
The case was made too short. It should have been extended to 6.8 SPC length. 85gr Partitions at 3100fps, 90gr Accubonds at 3025fps from an 18" AR-15.

Left to right - 6PPC, 6mm Too Short ARC, 6mm Correct Length ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC.

Tony

Originally Posted by TonyRumore
The case was made too short. It should have been extended to 6.8 SPC length. 85gr Partitions at 3100fps, 90gr Accubonds at 3025fps from an 18" AR-15.

Left to right - 6PPC, 6mm Too Short ARC, 6mm Correct Length ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC.

Tony

I can sure see the logic of that, Tony. Wasn't there such a chambering offered? I shopped around quite a bit and found references to cartridges and chambers that had been more or less conceived but never made available. The names of those cartridges escape me now---it's been several years. There were some good looking ideas, though.
Suppose for the sake of argument one could agree that the ARC may have benefited by extending the shoulder forward for Varmint bullets. On the other hand, with 103 grain to 108 grain hunting bullet focus, I am of the opinion Hornady Got it right!

I personally like my bolt action CZ 527 chambered in 6mm ARC with a 22" barrel. Been a fine deer rifle. So far I have kept shots inside of 260 yards. Little over 2 years with 6mm ARC in bolt action rifles. Sorry I seem biased, as I do not find myself interested in AR rifles yet.
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Suppose for the sake of argument one could agree that the ARC may have benefited by extending the shoulder forward for Varmint bullets. On the other hand, with 103 grain to 108 grain hunting bullet focus, I am of the opinion Hornady Got it right!

I personally like my bolt action CZ 527 chambered in 6mm ARC with a 22" barrel. Been a fine deer rifle. So far I have kept shots inside of 260 yards. Little over 2 years with 6mm ARC in bolt action rifles. Sorry I seem biased, as I do not find myself interested in AR rifles yet.

Why would you believe less powder capacity is better for 103- to 108-grain bullets???

Tony

I agree with this for medium weight (90 and 95 grain) bullets, which is what I use. It would be perfect. Just a shame making that case out of .220 Swift brass is a PITA.

Tony

I also like the 6WOA. I wished they had more support though. I would have kept the one I had, had it had the right twist rate. For some stupid reason WOA decided 10 was a good number. A 1 in 8" would have been much better. Speaking of them, they say they will not chamber one of their barrels for the 6mm ARC because of the safety factor. The bolt for the AR's being a very weak point in the design.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
[
"Why would you believe less powder capacity is better for 103- to 108-grain bullets???
"

Perhaps you are thinking I am implying I prefer less case capacity. Not exactly my preference, though tolerable.

Proper neck placement on the shank of the longer ogive bullet profile, is the goal that is being achieved from my perspective w the shorter 6mm ARC cartridge.

If we were not trying to fit the cartridge into the shorter AR magazine, or a mini action mag in the case of my CZ 527, the benefit of the set back shoulder would not exist.
In the bolt action CZ 527, 2780 fps muzzle velocity is where my accuracy load worked out with the 108 grain elite hunter. For whitetail that seldom exceed 300lbs on the hoof, in the midwest. this load will do quite well and has achieved DRT results with the brachial plexus shot at a bit over 250 yards.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/243-is-to-large-wink.288173/

Attached picture 2021 ER deer.jpg
[
"Why would you believe less powder capacity is better for 103- to 108-grain bullets???
"

Perhaps you are thinking I am implying I prefer less case capacity. Not exactly my preference, though tolerable.

Proper neck placement on the shank of the longer ogive bullet profile, is the goal that is being achieved from my perspective w the shorter 6mm ARC cartridge.

If we were not trying to fit the cartridge into the shorter AR magazine, or a mini action mag in the case of my CZ 527, the benefit of the set back shoulder would not exist.
This ^^^
Headroom.
Bullets ALWAYS matter more than headstamps. The beauty of the 224,243 and 264 Grendels,is that they shine brightly in the trite OEM Krunchenticker confines. The SPC a HILARIOUS Goat Fhuqk in comparison. Hint.

Go ASC mags and they get even better. OEM Howie Mini and CZ's do no favors there and only replicate Krunchenticker COAL,in OEM guise. Hint.

Step away to aftermarket Howie Mini bottom metal and things can change. Wayne's World offering the greatest COAL latitude(2.450"+),due the thickness of the magbox proper. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Starting velocity,ain't impact velocity and the .243" 85gr NPT(.315 BC) and 90 AccuBombs(.376 BC) are HILARIOUS Goat Fhuqk's. Hint.

Pardon reality....................
The 90 grain TGK at .490 bc is good for its weight and the 95 Berger at a true average of .460 is also good for its weight. At medium hunting distances such as up to 350 yards, the middle-weight bullets shoot flatter because you can drive them a lot faster.
SniffleKchunt,

You are Google Pretending,about things you've never even seen,let alone done...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If I'm going to fling 88/90's,it's going to be in a 224 Grendel,of which I've more than a few,in both Turnbolts and Krunchentickers. .545 and .585 BC's there. You feel free to use your Imagination to Pretend about "flatness" and I'll shoot Real World atmospherics and reap the inherent advantages of same,in wares that actually exist. Hint.

Big Day for you,now you can say you've "seen" same. Hint.

You CLUELESS Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit are a riot! Hint.

JO Gen2 BDL metal here,so you can continue to get your Google on. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SniffleKchunt,

You are Google Pretending,about things you've never even seen,let alone done...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If I'm going to fling 88/90's,it's going to be in a 224 Grendel,of which I've more than a few,in both Turnbolts and Krunchentickers. .545 and .585 BC's there. You feel free to use your Imagination to Pretend about "flatness" and I'll shoot Real World atmospherics and reap the inherent advantages of same,in wares that actually exist. Hint.

Littlestick, stop pretending that you do a lot of long-range hunting necessitating the long, heavy for caliber high bc projectiles...because you don't. All your "hunting" is opportunistic shots from a boat to some little blacktail on the shore at under 100 yards or some little critter in the water at 15 yards wanting to eat a fish. And stop being so dishonest and acknowledge that at short to medium distances a medium weight projectile with a good bc for its weight is going to shoot flatter and sometimes even have less wind drift than a heavy higher bc bullet going much slower.
If I'm hunting at long distance, it sure as chit isn't going to be with an AR-15, in any caliber.
It seems that most guys shooting the 6ARC with long heavy bullets are plinking steel, but when those same guys take their guns hunting, they are using conventional 85-100 grain bullets.

Tony
I'm unfamiliar with anyone shooting 85-100gr .243" bullets,in any chambering,as a Critter preference over good bullets. That whether AR or Turnbolt. Hint.

BC advantages start at the muzzle and never wane,to the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere. Pardon Physics,being plumb handy. Hint.

Wayne's World Howie Mini BDL bottom and a .620 BC ARC Smooch. Hint.

The only things you Fhuqktards "shoot",is your Imagination and Pretend. Hint.

Stick,

112s over Lever?
Lever' is my first pitch in 223,223AI,224 Grendel,22BR,270,6 Grendel,6BR and 264 Grendel...with 75's or heavier in .224's,105's and heavier in .243's and 120 or heavier in .264". Hint...................
Posted By: KenMi Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 04/04/23
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
SniffleKchunt,

Littlestick, stop pretending that you do a lot of long-range hunting necessitating the long, heavy for caliber high bc projectiles...because you don't. All your "hunting" is opportunistic shots from a boat to some little blacktail on the shore at under 100 yards or some little critter in the water at 15 yards wanting to eat a fish. And stop being so dishonest and acknowledge that at short to medium distances a medium weight projectile with a good bc for its weight is going to shoot flatter and sometimes even have less wind drift than a heavy higher bc bullet going much slower.

Johnny one note can't say anything else. Lol. And even with that, he gets a hell of a lot more said than done. He got called out and booted from other forums for being a fraud and a troll 10 years ago. Some things never change.
[
"

I'd consider taking that middle cartridge and just trimming about 80 thousandths off the case mouth if I was worried about that (which I agree might become an issue with some bullets)...but I don't give a rat's ass about BC unless its a case of giving up a ridiculous amount of zip. My preferences for a heavier bullet kinda keep me out of the pingpong ball end of the spectrum for the most part, regardless. Whatever the case, I think the Grendel case is just a bit longer in the neck and shorter in the body than ideal.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 04/05/23

Tony

I agree. On Predator Masters there were some guys playing with a necked down 6.8 to 6mm. I know this would NOT be a long distance paper puncher but I liked the idea of a 6mm with a bit more case and powder as a hunting cartridge for the AR's. Tony has it right, the 6mm needs a bit more case and an 85 grain hunting bullet. I have a couple of uppers looking for the right barrel. I just haven't seen it yet. The ARC sounded interesting but I have not bought a barrel in that case yet. I almost pulled the lever on a 6.8 barrel but that case has pretty much dropped out of sight. I even bought the reloading dies. I'm still looking, but the ARC isn't it.

kwg
Posted By: TNRock Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 04/05/23
Just got one in a howa mini, will probably load an accubond when they become available. May load a soft point until then. Should make a great deer/varmint cartridge for the ranges I'll shoot. I'll shoot 10 or 12 deer with it this year and see.
All you b!tching about the ARC not being long range must not be keeping up on the Precision Rifle Series Gas Gun Division.
Originally Posted by David_Walter
All you b!tching about the ARC not being long range must not be keeping up on the Precision Rifle Series Gas Gun Division.
Here's a gas gun ringing steel at 1000yds.
Bolt gun ammo can run even faster.
Fast forward to the 10:00 min mark.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 04/05/23
I’m gonna build a 6 ARC upper, or else rebuild one of my .223 uppers. Seems like a lot of fun to me just going off what I read and ballistics tables. It was going to be my winter project but the good people dumbasses of Oregon saw fit to pass a measure that instead made me blow my gun money on a few new guns before the measure went into effect (it’s blatantly unconstitutional on both the state and federal level and is currently tied up in the courts).

Unless my notifications all failed still waiting on Hornady to release brass as a component. Annoying.
Nothing to neck 6.5G down Jeff if that’s all you’re waiting on.
Originally Posted by beretzs
Nothing to neck 6.5G down Jeff if that’s all you’re waiting on.

This. Get some Starline, squish it in a FL 6 arc die, trim, shoot the pìss out of it.
Thanks, yeah I know. Just figured why not have headstamped brass, etc. It’s been “imminent!” for like 6 months now, if not longer.

No… money is what’s stopping me. smile I bought a bunch of guns and mags late 2022 in response to that measure. Shot my wad.

I’m about to be wheels-up on a long adventure and won’t be back until June, so once I get back, get workin’, and get out of the hole I’ll be in… THEN I’ll build the ARC.

This is the rifle I’m going to either cannibalise and just rebuild this upper, or build a new upper for. It’s got a 3-10 SHV on it which I think will be a good scope for the ARC.

That'll work nice. I love my AR ARC. It's almost replaced the 5.56 as my favorite round in them.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Thanks, yeah I know. Just figured why not have headstamped brass, etc. It’s been “imminent!” for like 6 months now, if not longer.

No… money is what’s stopping me. smile I bought a bunch of guns and mags late 2022 in response to that measure. Shot my wad.

I’m about to be wheels-up on a long adventure and won’t be back until June, so once I get back, get workin’, and get out of the hole I’ll be in… THEN I’ll build the ARC.

This is the rifle I’m going to either cannibalise and just rebuild this upper, or build a new upper for. It’s got a 3-10 SHV on it which I think will be a good scope for the ARC.

That's what you get when you vote for liberal's.....your just to stupid to figure it out.............
That was my first AR build. The intent was a mid-range target rifle. I don’t find myself using it much, and if I’m just “shootin’”, I grab one of my lighter carbines. Whereas, I think a 6 ARC will be a superb mid to long-ish range toy, and if it works out, take some load off my bolt guns. I think it’ll get used.

I already bought a half-dozen ARC/Grendel mags as part of my panic buying a few months ago.

Off topic………. I keep picturing a 6 ARC anti-drone gun, either a double or quad barrel, on a turret, in the back of a “technical” light truck in Ukraine. So sort of like 4 SAWs or similar, but in 6 ARC. A radar and targeting solution computer. Seems like it’d have the range to hit the drones and pack some punch when it arrived but be much lighter and cheaper to run than the big German AA vehicles, or the surface to air missile systems…..
Have you seen what Washington State is trying to pass?

Hold my Bud Light.....

It was going to be my winter project but the good people dumbasses of Oregon saw fit to pass a measure that instead made me blow my gun money on a few new guns before the measure went into effect (it’s blatantly unconstitutional on both the state and federal level and is currently tied up in the courts).
Before you call someone stupid, get your spelling right, or you look stupid.

Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
That's what you get when you vote for liberal's.....your you're just to stupid to figure it out.............

That's what you get when you vote for liberal's.....your you're just to stupid to figure it out.............

Walter I’m still not stupid enough to vote for liberals……YMMV
I'm not sure if you're shading him or me.

I've voted in every election since I was 18, and zero votes for liberals of any kind.
I'm not sure if you're shading him or me.

I've voted in every election since I was 18, and zero votes for liberals of any kind.

Your buddy Jeff can’t say the same…
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 04/06/23

Hold my Bud Light.....

It was going to be my winter project but the good people dumbasses of Oregon saw fit to pass a measure that instead made me blow my gun money on a few new guns before the measure went into effect (it’s blatantly unconstitutional on both the state and federal level and is currently tied up in the courts).

I heard there was something afoot up there. I’m still trying to un-explode my head over what happened here, haven’t gone out of my way to find other things to blow a gasket over.

I gotta think SCOTUS is going to clean a bunch of this up but DAMN these things move slowly.

The real bummer here is that every rural county came out STRONGLY against Measure 114…. In some cases as much as 75% against it… but the overall turnout in those counties was terrible. People just didn’t bother to vote. Voting is REALLY easy in Oregon. Where’s that head-slap emoji…..

Hold my Bud Light.....

I heard there was something afoot up there. I’m still trying to un-explode my head over what happened here, haven’t gone out of my way to find other things to blow a gasket over.

I gotta think SCOTUS is going to clean a bunch of this up but DAMN these things move slowly.

The real bummer here is that every rural county came out STRONGLY against Measure 114…. In some cases as much as 75% against it… but the overall turnout in those counties was terrible. People just didn’t bother to vote. Voting is REALLY easy in Oregon. Where’s that head-slap emoji…..

You smoke to much dope……
Posted By: 5spd Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 04/07/23
I favor the 6x6.8 (6spc) over the 6 arc.
I've done both, got rid of the 6arc as the 6x6.8 just does everything better imo. Strictly a coyote, deer, goat rig
I just run a 90g bullet.
No issues running it to 800 yards.
I did up a 6arc, bolt gun for a pal, runs 105g hornadys to 1000.
Originally Posted by 5spd
I've done both, got rid of the 6arc as the 6x6.8 just does everything better imo. Strictly a coyote, deer, goat rig
I just run a 90g bullet.
I recently picked up some 6 SPC dies from CH4D ... they had them in stock. Interested in knowing why you prefer the 6 SPC to the ARC?
I just run a 90g bullet.

Is there even such a thing as 6SPC? I see you guys referring to it as that. I know that as a 6WOA, as I stated in a previous post. It is a better cartridge than the 6ARC IMHO..
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I just run a 90g bullet.

Is there even such a thing as 6SPC? I see you guys referring to it as that. I know that as a 6WOA, as I stated in a previous post. It is a better cartridge than the 6ARC IMHO..
6 SPC has the 23 degree shoulder of the parent case, 6 WOA is 30 degrees I believe
not to sidetrack too far

but what's the attraction to shooting 90gr 6mm bullets from 6arc or 6spc instead of 77gr tmk out of a vanilla 223?

besides "i can" which is valid... bunch of hoops to get at best marginal better ballistics and most cases worse.

same bc, same velocity, and most likely worse terminal performance.

i think the 6arc would really shine with 95gr eld-m bullets. or the 95gr tmk... and an aermat LMT enhanced style Bolt. and some lapua brass.
A lot of states, like Washingfornia where I live, prohibit 223 caliber bullets for big game.
I dig my 6mm ARCs, I have both a heavier 21" and a lightweight 18", usually stick with 100gr to 108gr, but they will sling 95gr SSTs and 85gr SGKs quite well also. The 108gr eld factory load shoots well in both of mine, haven't used that bullet on deer, but the reports are good. I think my next ARC will be a 12" SBR, although I'd like to add a Howa mini at some point too.
Posted By: 5spd Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 04/10/23
I just run a 90g bullet.
I recently picked up some 6 SPC dies from CH4D ... they had them in stock. Interested in knowing why you prefer the 6 SPC to the ARC?

I wanted to run a 90g bullet at 3000 fps at a minimum in my bolt gun build and a 55g bullet at 3500fps, 22" bbl.
6arc didn't do that when I built the 6x6.8, (6spc).
Simply necking 6.8 to 6mm, like the 6.5grendel to 6mm.
My 90g load cronies at 3068 fps, 55g load at 3570.
The 6mm arcs in the ar15 frame I assembled could not meet those requirements.
Nothing wrong with the 6arc, just didn't fit my needs.
I just run a 90g bullet.

I wanted to run a 90g bullet at 3000 fps at a minimum in my bolt gun build and a 55g bullet at 3500fps, 22" bbl.
Simply necking 6.8 to 6mm, like the 6.5grendel to 6mm.
My 90g load cronies at 3068 fps, 55g load at 3570.
The 6mm arcs in the ar15 frame I assembled could not meet those requirements.
Nothing wrong with the 6arc, just didn't fit my needs.
Still using IMR 8208XBR with the 90 TGK's?
I wanted to run a 90g bullet at 3000 fps.

Let me guess.....that load was never actually pressure tested, but you saw no pressure signs whatsoever?

Tony

P.S. I have a 6-6.8 in a bolt gun. Your pressure is WAY high my friend.
I wanted to run a 90g bullet at 3000 fps.

Let me guess.....that load was never actually pressure tested, but you saw no pressure signs whatsoever?

Tony

P.S. I have a 6-6.8 in a bolt gun. Your pressure is WAY high my friend.
What are you getting with the 90 grain projectiles, what powder, COAL and barrel length?
Originally Posted by MrMuskie
Own a RR Varmint 223. Thinking about a 6mm ARC switchover.

Anyone played with one ?

Suppose I would ask what would be your intended use for the rifle? do I want to shoot factory ammo or reload. IMHO the comparisons that deserve consideration are the 223, 6mm ARC & 6.5mm Grendel. Your utility considerations & ammo expense expectations will determine the best upper for the utility considerations.

I came to the conclusion that for my utility the 6mm ARC checks more boxes, Bolt action was a cost effective step up for my use. Semiautomatic did not equate to a benefit for my criteria. So the re-barrel a CZ527 in 7.62x39 to 6mm ARC was my EZ choice & 2 years later I have no regrets.

BTW I was looking at a new upper for a RR 223 as well. The RR Varmint sits in the safe as the bolt action 6mm ARC does more for my utility considerations.
The 6mm ARC upper that I have liked the best on paper, is not commercially available to my knowledge. The Geissele 6mm ARC may come closest to a AR option that could bring me to going 6mm ARC AR. Never say never!
Posted By: ChrisF Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 04/18/23
Wow!...I must be getting old. I'm seeing the 6mm ARC as Robert Whitley's recycled 6mm AR, or Greg Krebaum's 6mm RAT. Both were designed as Highpower Rifle Cartridges to be shot out of a standard AR magazine, and most often were shot out of a 26" barrel. Both were chasing 3000 fps with a 107 Sierra, and ended up blowing the shoulder forward to try to get there yielding the 6mm AR Turbo and the 6mm FATRAT. What made both feasible was the availability of quality 6.5 Grendel brass. Krebaum sourced dies from Hornady and so I suspect that's where Hornady got a clue to commercialize the RAT or AR as the ARC.

I have a Grendel upper and an AR upper, but I never put much time on them because I began hearing instances of cracked lugs in the AR15. I spoke to Holliger about the ARC when it first hit, and his response was tepid. He had the same concerns about exceeding the design strength of the bolt lugs because of his experiences with the 6mmAR and the RAT. John summarized his thoughts on his webpage if anyone cares to look.

I've got a bit more time on a 6mm WOA aka 6mm/6.8SPC, and it's a solid accurate cartridge, but doesn't have quite the boiler room of the .440 based cartridges. 107 class bullets also preclude magazine use. The 6mm HAGAR is a stretched out WOA with more powder capacity, but the same problem with feeding 107's through the magazine. ...but if you're looking to shoot these through a bolt gun...a WOA or a HAGAR might be your huckleberry.

The BR is also an option (I've got one). But the parts to build one were rare to begin with and have pretty much dried up...so mine is mostly a curio that I don't run hard.
Posted By: ChrisF Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 04/18/23
On Predator Masters there were some guys playing with a necked down 6.8 to 6mm. I know this would NOT be a long distance paper puncher but I liked the idea of a 6mm with a bit more case and powder as a hunting cartridge for the AR's. Tony has it right, the 6mm needs a bit more case and an 85 grain hunting bullet.
I think yo're referring to the PDK (Predator Dog Killer) line of cartridges. The PDK was a SPC stretched out a bit longer, but not as long as the HAGAR. Holliger was playing with it for a while and was chambering barrels for the 6mm PDK, but my recollection was that he wasn't getting the accuracy he wanted. Maybe it was the custom brass that wasn't up to snuff.

This photo doesn't exactly fit the discussion, but Photobucket is deleting all free accounts, so I cleaned out my bucket and this is one of the relics I had in there;

The 240 NMC is pretty close to a 6XC, so you can see why the WOA, AR TURBO and the FAT RAT didn't get close to 3000 with the 107's.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 04/18/23
Originally Posted by ChrisF
On Predator Masters there were some guys playing with a necked down 6.8 to 6mm. I know this would NOT be a long distance paper puncher but I liked the idea of a 6mm with a bit more case and powder as a hunting cartridge for the AR's. Tony has it right, the 6mm needs a bit more case and an 85 grain hunting bullet.
I think yo're referring to the PDK (Predator Dog Killer) line of cartridges. The PDK was a SPC stretched out a bit longer, but not as long as the HAGAR. Holliger was playing with it for a while and was chambering barrels for the 6mm PDK, but my recollection was that he wasn't getting the accuracy he wanted. Maybe it was the custom brass that wasn't up to snuff.

This photo doesn't exactly fit the discussion, but Photobucket is deleting all free accounts, so I cleaned out my bucket and this is one of the relics I had in there;

The 240 NMC is pretty close to a 6XC, so you can see why the WOA, AR TURBO and the FAT RAT didn't get close to 3000 with the 107's.

Thanks for the update.

kwg
You CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint.

The ARC has both the ass(case capacity) and modest case length,to grant opportunity to superior projectiles. Read that again. Now one more fhuqking time. Hint.

The Retardation of anything SPC,is simply fhuqking mind numbing. Bullets matter wayyyyyyy more than headstamps ladies...and now even you gals "know". Starting velocity,ain't impact velocity. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Why did his comment hurt your surgically created vagina? You retard Biden voters crack me up.
Rickety,

You've never even seen or shot a 6 ARC...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

They look like this. Hint.

Though "luckily",you can "afford" to steal avatars. Hint.

Rickety,

You've never even seen or shot a 6 ARC...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

They look like this. Hint.

Though "luckily",you can "afford" to steal avatars. Hint.

I have seen but not shot a rifle in 6 ARC but I am going to start competing in a local 500 yard steel match with a Grendel and if I am not pleased with it I will put a 6 ARC barrel on the upper. Since the match pace is 10 shots in four minutes I want to use an AR. I notice your picture is of a bolt gun so off topic in the AR and Tactical rifles forum.
Rickety,

Did I hurt your mangina with my words?

I sowwy.

Originally Posted by rickt300

Why did his comment hurt your surgically created vagina? You retard Biden voters crack me up.
Rickety,

I simply shoot it all and then some,if only to your perpetual chagrin...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now as Grendeltude goes,I "only" shoot .224,.243 and .264 versions,in both Turnbolts and Kruchentickers. Perhaps start a Thread on The BIG Day,when you actually fire one. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Posted By: Kaleb Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 05/08/23
A lot of states, like Washingfornia where I live, prohibit 223 caliber bullets for big game.

A lot of states? I haven’t looked because it doesn’t effect me but I was under the impression that the majority of Gun states were ok with 22’s?
Originally Posted by KenMi
SniffleKchunt,

Johnny one note can't say anything else. Lol. And even with that, he gets a hell of a lot more said than done. He got called out and booted from other forums for being a fraud and a troll 10 years ago. Some things never change.

When you’re fat as hell and can barely waddle across a creek, long distance shooting becomes more of a necessity than a choice. Not that LimpStick could ever close the distance to begin with…
Posted By: scoony Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 05/09/23
I built an AR in 6 ARC for my son last year and had a blast shooting it. Finally build one for myself. The barrel was a bit suspect as a friend pawned it off on me for cheap. Not sure who makes it, but I suspect CMMG. No markings other than "6MM ARC ENG" melonite 16" barrel with rifle length gas. I put a cheap AGB on it and first trip to the range, it cycled through the tests just fine.

I have a load with the 105 bthp that shoots great in both our AR's using A2520. That powder seemed to work better than Lever. Ran out of the A2520 after loading up a bunch of ammo and tried Shooter's World Match. Same charge, shoots the same. I normally use a 6.8spc for deer here in KY, but will switch over to this for this next season.

Picked up a couple boxes of factory loaded 108 ELD-M but they shoot like crap out of my AR. Have not tested those in the son's AR yet. I do know that his AR likes the 103 ELD-X factory ammo.
JeffCry,

Your high pitched nasal whine is fhuqking soothing,you Brokedick Do NOTHING Fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
Kaleb,

This list is from 2103, so I’m not sure how accurate it is.

Alabama- centerfire
Alaska- centerfire
Alberta- .23 and up centerfire
Arizona- centerfire
Arkansas- .22 and up centerfire
California- centerfire
Colorado- .24 and up, 70grn or larger bullet/ minimum of 1000ft/lbs at 100 yards
Connecticut- .243 and up if legal in your area
Delaware- shotgun/muzzle loader
Florida- centerfire
Georgia- .22 and up centerfire
Hawaii- Any rifle with at least 1200 ft/lbs of ME. This would start at around .223 I think
Idaho- Centerfire (cannot weigh more than 16 lbs?)
Illinois- Shotgun/ML/Pistol onlyIndiana- Rifles with pistol calibers/shotgun/ML/Pistols
Iowa- .24 or larger centerfire only for antlerless season in part of the state.
Kansas- .23 or larger centerfire (actually says larger than .23 so maybe .24 is the mininum)
Kentucky- centerfire
Louisiana- .22 and up centerfire
Maine- .22 magnum rimfire and up!
Manitoba- Centerfire, but it says .23 and below not recommended. Does not say illegal though.
Maryland- ME of at least 1200 ft/lbs
Mass- Shotgun/ML
Michigan- centerfire in certain areas
Minnesota- .24 and up centerfire
Mississippi- No restrictions that I could find
Missouri- centerfire
Montana- No restrictions
Nebraska- Rifles with 900 ft/lbs or more at 100 yards
Nevada- .22 centerfire and up
New Hampshire- centerfire
New Jersey- shotgun only
New Mexico- centerfire
New York- centerfire
North Carolina- No restrictions
North Dakota- .22-.49 centerfire
Nova Scotia- .23 and up
Ohio- Shotgun/ML
Oklahoma- centerfire with 55 grn or heavier bullet
Ontario- centerfire
Oregon- .22 centerfire and upPennsylvania- centerfire
Quebec- 6mm/.243 and up
Rhode Island- shotgun/ML*
Saskatchewan- .24 and up
South Carolina- centerfire
South Dakota- rifles with 1,000 ft/lbs or more ME
Tennessee- centerfire
Texas- centerfire
Utah- centerfire
Vermont- No restriction
Virginia- .23 centerfire and up
Washington- .24 centerfire and up
West Virginia- .25 rimfire and up and all centerfire
Wisconsin- .22 centerfire and up
Wyoming- .23 centerfire and up
Rickety,

I simply shoot it all and then some,if only to your perpetual chagrin...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now as Grendeltude goes,I "only" shoot .224,.243 and .264 versions,in both Turnbolts and Kruchentickers. Perhaps start a Thread on The BIG Day,when you actually fire one. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

25 yard groups?
Rickety,

You feel free to "convince" yourself of that which you most NEED to hear,if only to satiate your stolen avatar...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Pardon wares that exist and .6xx BC's at 2650fps. Google as you must and "live" vicariously as you do. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
ur getting 2650 with a 112 'burner?? or the budweiser blender?

barrel length?

what's bolt life?
112 MB illustrated and I rather like 'em to 3300fps,from a multitude of platforms. Howie OEM 7.5 RPM wearing JO Gen2 guts/bottom,allows 2.475" COAL,which muchly sweetens the pot from a 19" chop. They are 110 Beer Can slick,in like atmospheres. Hint.

I've not had any Grendel Krunchenticker bolt issues,in 224,243 or 264 Grendel and shoot a goodly smattering of different flavors. Harrison's 750 XD bolts,being my favorite. Barrels run the gamut of flavorings,but 20" Rifle Gas for me. Hint.

Simply sensational chambering. Hint...............
Radian builders kit with Proof carbon 18"
Shoots factory 108gr ELD-Match under 1' @ 200yds.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Cool rig TDH!

Nice buck as well!
Posted By: ChrisF Re: 6mm ARC what do you think ? - 05/11/23
Took my eye off the thread for a few weeks (a crazy red head moved in with me) and the good stuff comes out.
Last I was on, I was left with the question what kind of longevity the ARC would give especially for the folk that tip the powder jug a little hard. I've been there for the evolution of .440 based cartridges breaking AR lugs; first with x39's and 6PPC's, then with the Grendels. Even Alexander's beefed up bolts were still shedding lugs on occasion. I still need to figure out what to do with my 6.5 and my FatRat.

I have a couple of ARP Superbolts in my project bin because when Harrison first brought them out he was running one hard as a BR. That was going to be my succession plan to run my BR match rifle. I'd lost track of ARP for a bit and heard nothing of the Super Bolts for a while. I'd heard he stopped making them.

Questions: Is Harrison producing them again? How many rounds do you have on yours so far? How hot are you loading? I got the FatRat up to 2800 with 105's on Alexanders improved bolt...but I backed off then shelved it when friends lost lugs at the same speed.

How do you think the ARP Supers will stand up for a .473 based cartridge?

I need to put these to use.
The only ginger i’ll let live with me anymore.

Still will get into your stuff and destroy the house when you’re out with your friends, but doesn’t call the popo and blame it one you and then take 1/2 your retirement when she moves back out.

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Took my eye off the thread for a few weeks (a crazy red head moved in with me) and the good stuff comes out.
Still will get into your stuff and destroy the house when you’re out with your friends, but doesn’t call the popo and blame it one you and then take 1/2 your retirement when she moves back out.

...mine eats slugs and snails sick...I guess I should count my blessings.
The Krunchenticker has never been a platform for me,to mash the gas pedal. I've always treated it as a platform to launch meaningful BC's,at meaningful velocity and to simply let the bullet do the heavy lifting. I could give ZERO fhuqks about an "extra" coupla "clicks" at 1000yds. Hint.

I've shot the frightening fhuqk out of 224,243 and 264 Grendels,mainly because I have lots of rifles so chambered and REALLY like it's performance. They are a simply one pass sizing operation,play nice and great brass abounds. Due those mechanical advantages,they can do nothing other than shine brightly,which is how they default. I've less than ZERO interest in case forming in/for Krunchentickers,just simply pass the Lapooey Virgins and hold The Fluff. Hint.

Harrison is out,but I do see he has a batch of Grendel Titan bolts and extensions,with 46pcs of each for $4000. Somewhat tempting,but I don't see myself building another 46 rifles in said chamberings,though it may interest others? Hint.

I'm a 224 Grendel SLUT and it should be the next SALAMI OEM offering. 7" RPM,Rifle Gas,88 ELD Smooches and ASC mags...LOVE it. Hint................
The Krunchenticker has never been a platform for me,to mash the gas pedal. I've always treated it as a platform to launch meaningful BC's,at meaningful velocity and to simply let the bullet do the heavy lifting. I could give ZERO fhuqks about an "extra" coupla "clicks" at 1000yds. Hint.

I've shot the frightening fhuqk out of 224,243 and 264 Grendels,mainly because I have lots of rifles so chambered and REALLY like it's performance. They are a simply one pass sizing operation,play nice and great brass abounds. Due those mechanical advantages,they can do nothing other than shine brightly,which is how they default. I've less than ZERO interest in case forming in/for Krunchentickers,just simply pass the Lapooey Virgins and hold The Fluff. Hint.

Harrison is out,but I do see he has a batch of Grendel Titan bolts and extensions,with 46pcs of each for $4000. Somewhat tempting,but I don't see myself building another 46 rifles in said chamberings,though it may interest others? Hint.

I'm a 224 Grendel SLUT and it should be the next SALAMI OEM offering. 7" RPM,Rifle Gas,88 ELD Smooches and ASC mags...LOVE it. Hint................
Little Stick, you should build another 46 rifles so that you can get another 46 hits of Dopermine. That is the real reason you keep buying the rifles and scopes...just like a woman with a shopping addiction. You certainly don't hunt with all those rifles.
SniffleKchunt,

Pardon wares that exist,upsetting you so...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". At least you "get" to Dream aloud and "live" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
© 24hourcampfire