Home
Anyone here have any experience they'd share with regard to the AR15.com assembled uppers? Only interested in two of the options. One is a Wilson Combat 18" assembled upper, and the other is a Satern barreled upper in 20" format. I can get both with BCG's.

Appreciate the feedback!
My wife has a wilson combat 6mm ARC and loves it. Accurate enough to hit a 5” plate at 450 yards with Hornady match ammo.
I think either one will serve you well. I found out in March, the company my uncle works for does heat treatment for several gun companies parts. Wilson and Sig are two of their biggest customers. He had nothing but good to say about QA/QC about both companies.
The Satern barreled upper is actually more expensive than the Wilson barreled upper. Makes me wonder if the cost is justified.
shot #'s 7,8,&9 from my 22" satern barreled 6mm ARC at 100 yards. with 103 gr eld-x factory loads
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
shot #'s 7,8,&9 from my 22" satern barreled 6mm ARC at 100 yards. with 103 gr eld-x factory loads

Did you purchase your upper from AR15parts.com?
did not, purchased it from grendelhunter.com
did not, purchased it from grendelhunter.com

Thanks. I'll have to look a little closer as I didn't see the Satern barrel as an option.
grendel hunter uses all satern barrels

I found it. The website states the barrel is a Liberty barrel, but that barrel is made my Satern.
Originally Posted by Sniggly

I found it. The website states the barrel is a Liberty barrel, but that barrel is made my Satern.
Buttoned as opposed to cut.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Sniggly

Buttoned as opposed to cut.

Thanks Tyrone - I've read there's slight advantage to the cut rifling over the button.
But you hafta watch what bullets ya shoot in fast twist cut barrels, my 6.5 gibbs destroys berger bullets unless ya shoot the thicker jacketed match bullets.
© 24hourcampfire