Home
Posted By: Sheister 224 Valkyrie BCG - 05/16/23
I have an opportunity to pick up a great 224 Valkyrie barrel for a cheap price so I'm going down the rabbit hole to build another upper, and then another lower, and wherever this all leads. I guess this is what happens when your nephew works for a custom AR manufacturer and they are getting away from building Valkyrie .

Anyway, who makes a good BCG for the Valkyrie? I've been looking at BCM, Brownells, and a number of other sites and I'm not familiar with most of the products I'm finding. Is Toolkraft a decent unit? If not, which way should I go with this? Anything else I should know about the Valkyrie over the Wylde ARs when putting one together?
Posted By: kwg020 Re: 224 Valkyrie BCG - 05/17/23
Originally Posted by Sheister
I have an opportunity to pick up a great 224 Valkyrie barrel for a cheap price so I'm going down the rabbit hole to build another upper, and then another lower, and wherever this all leads. I guess this is what happens when your nephew works for a custom AR manufacturer and they are getting away from building Valkyrie .

Anyway, who makes a good BCG for the Valkyrie? I've been looking at BCM, Brownells, and a number of other sites and I'm not familiar with most of the products I'm finding. Is Toolkraft a decent unit? If not, which way should I go with this? Anything else I should know about the Valkyrie over the Wylde ARs when putting one together?
I believe Ballistic Advantage still carries Valkyrie bolt carriers.

kwg
Posted By: Ndbowhunter Re: 224 Valkyrie BCG - 05/17/23
the lmt enhanced would be my pick.

aermet steel is super strong

couple that with the lobster tail extractor (two springs)

and the lug designs improvement
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: 224 Valkyrie BCG - 05/17/23
There are plenty of options; carrier is common to all AR-15's, the bolt is common to the 6.8 SPC bolt.

Here is a link to Arm or Ally who has them from several sources.

MM

Arm or Ally
© 24hourcampfire