Home
I bought a Diamondback DB15 mostly for target shooting it has a front sight if I mounted a 3x9x42 scope would the front sight interfere with the scope or will it be ok?
It will be okay
At low power you will see it in the scope, at 9x it will be a blur. Of course you can knock out the pin and switch to a low-pro gas block - 15 minute operation... or less. The other benefit of that is you can change to a longer handguard.
you can easily learn to ignore any shadow you see.
That's good to hear scope ordered should be here soon will mount and take a look.
The 3-9 will work with minimal detection of the FSP on 3x and be completely gone on 4x and above.

I run a 1-4 in an ADM Recon mount, the 30mm mount puts the crosshairs right on the front sight and 4x looks like it isn’t even there.
Reply I got from Diamondback customer service

Good morning,

Per our gunsmith

Most normal sight mounts will be fine just stay away from low mounts but most sights over a 2x will look past the sight post.

Thank you,

-Brian

Hours: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
If you are talking rings, you have to have at a minimum extra high or a riser plus ring. I can get by with extra high and make em work.

And even with low power like 1X if you are seeing and staring at the front post you have lost the battle because you can only look at and do one thing at a time via the brain. You have to learn to ignore that post if you see it at all and pay attention to the cross hair, press and follow through.
Had time to mount the scope today on 3x don't see no front sight that's good now to find time to shoot it.
© 24hourcampfire