Home
I've never served in combat because others have. I don't want an optic that can take what a true combat optic can. I'm looking for a set it and forget optic for an AR-15 shooting 75-77grbullets from a 5.56. I'm used to low power scopes and care nothing for acog style sights. I had trouble with some early red dot sights but think I can handle them now. I don't like to twist turrets but don't mind drops. One of the scopes I'm considering is the Burris RT6 1-6x24. Does anyone have one of these? If so, what is your opinion of it.
If not the Burris what other scopes should I consider? I've been a Leupold shooter and fan for the last 40years but recently I hear of a lot of troubles from the folks in Oregon. What other optics would you choose for mounting on an AR-15 for shots out to no more than 500yds but mostly inside of 300yds?
Thanks
It is OK, but I wanted more zoom and a better reticle for hunting out to 300 yards. I sold it to my friend two months ago.

https://www.tndeer.com/threads/burr...illuminated-reticle.445912/#post-5788161

Take a look at the Athlon Optics Helios BTR GEN2 1-10x28 ATMR4 SFP IR MOA on CameralandNY website. I would purchase this before a RT-6
© 24hourcampfire