Home
Posted By: rjpeacock Remington R-15 twist rate? - 03/02/08
Anyone know the twist rate on Remingtons R-15 in 22"? Also who supplies the barrels? Thanks. Russ
Posted By: NathanL Re: Remington R-15 twist rate? - 03/02/08
I would assume Bushmaster since Remington aquired/merged or whatever with Bushmaster and they are basically Bushmaster rifles.

Dunno on the twist.

Considering it probably comes from this rifle

http://bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_PCWVMS24FVAR9.asp

1:9
Posted By: rost495 Re: Remington R-15 twist rate? - 03/02/08
I don't know for sure either but 9 would have been my guess also.
I would guess 1:9 as well, faster rates generally require one to go to a maker, vs. over the counter as part of a rifle.

Spot
Heard back from Remington on their twist rates. 223 is twisted at 1 in 9, which I guessed, and the 204 that I was interested in is twisted at 1 in 14". That seems quite slow to me as most barrel makers are at 1 in 12 or 10 for the 39 to 40 grainers. Think I'll contact Mike Milli and go that route instead. Thanks much to all that replied with help. Russ
Posted By: GregW Re: Remington R-15 twist rate? - 03/03/08
Saw one of these in person for the first time this weekend.
Remington is going to sell truckloads of these rifles...

I was very impressed...
What impressed you the most? Looks, fit and finish? or accuracy? Inquiring minds want to know!!
Posted By: GregW Re: Remington R-15 twist rate? - 03/03/08
Since it was on the rack while I was fondling it I cannot really comment on accuracy...grin...

The camo looked great, the weight was about perfect, light but not too light, everything felt smooth, balanced well...

Update to story!! Remington contacted me again to explain their "typo" after I questoned their choice of twists. They have a 1 in 12 twist in the R-15 .204 instead of the 1 in 14 originally reported to me. Makes more sense to me now. Russ
© 24hourcampfire