Home
Was noted in recent glowing review of this 223 that it came w/a 5 round magazine (for marketing reasons) and some, but not all std AR 15 mags would fit.
Happy to report that the basic Brownells 20/30 rounders work just fine.

Also good write up in new G&A on the direct impingement ARs and all the stories surrounding them. Never fought with one but the four I owned have never hiccuped on the range or in the hunting field. Good read, be interesting to hear from some who have carried it in harm's way.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Guns and ammo.... yep I'd trust that, just another rag trying to sell the newest guns for the manufacturers.

Nice to know there is some compatability, but I'd think that the MR1 isn't built correctly in the mag well if it won't take all AR mags then. The brownells are certainly good mags and if they fit, then all AR mags should fit fine. Might be another flaw on the MR1.

Lets see now aren't they under the beretta company too IIRC?
[Linked Image]

some, but not all std AR 15 mags would fit.
Happy to report that the basic Brownells 20/30 rounders work just fine.

Now that sounds like a real quality weapon right there. grin

It sure looks to me like theres alot of room for dirt/debris to get in that receiver, even with the bolt closed.
Handled an MR-1 in my local gunshop last week, very unimpressive. It was one poor handling (not to mention ugly as sin) weapon. Can't imagine they will sell many . . .
The reason all AR 20/30 round mags won't fit is covered in the story. You can read it there if interested. Amazing how we have so many experts that dump on the gun publications and YET have never been published anywhere. If you know so much and have so much unknown wisdom to contribute you might want to put pen to paper.

Insofar as liking or not liking the MR-1....that's up to you.
Nobody is selling it as a "battle rifle" although the ARGO sytem runs cleaner than any direct impingement system...ask the Marines.

"Handled it in a gunshop" is right up there with "looked through the gunshop window with that Zeiss and could see no difference from my Tasco." (GRIN)

Since I don't work for Benelli and own both ARs and an MR-1 I have no dog in the fight, so save the insults.
[Linked Image]

We own ya bitch grin grin

and you will see this cause ya gotta peek grin
Why 20-30 rounds? If you are any kind of a marksman 1 round in the correct spot is enough.
[Linked Image]

I would be embarrassed to paddle my boat, in the dark, alone......with that horrid thing.

Gawd, what a butt ass ugly "rifle"........

How's that lay-away plan going?????
Originally Posted by wildswalker
[Linked Image]

I would be embarrassed to paddle my boat, in the dark, alone......with that horrid thing.

Gawd, what a butt ass ugly "rifle"........

Wilds, stop holding back and tell us how you realy feel....
Jimmy all you "own" is a big mouth.
WW, my boats all have motors so using a rifle to paddle is not a requirement.
JWP goin fine, 3 sold so far, how are your sales goin?

You douchbags think anyone is paying the least attention to any of you or is cowed by your childish behavior?

Were I not tied up with a copyright infringement issue right now, I might repost that list and all you could do would be to carry on like the keyboard commando wannabes you are. The very fact that you are "stalking" my posts just proves how you crave attention and mutual admiration. Sad truth is nobody cares about any of you and among any population of 20,000+ there are bound to be a few unhinged folks. So adios to this thread, see you when I want to and on MY terms. (LAFFIN)
Originally Posted by oldman1942
1-Jimmy all you "own" is a big mouth.

2-You douchbags think anyone is paying the least attention to any of you or is cowed by your childish behavior?

1- I am reminded of the saying "there is a suck born every minute"

2- Apparently you do are you would not respond

And this coming from a guy that has been banned from "Snipers Hide", "As Real As It Gets" and even the "Campfire" under a different handle

Carry on wacko......
Wow, if folks pay what you wanted from what I saw, I"m in the wrong business again. Couldn't see anyone paying rape prices.

As to reading it in a gun rag, well there aren't many that I actually believe that are anything more than a sales rag period.

And some of us actually have a few articles around......

And no I have not seen a tasco thats better than my zeiss....

You must think you are smarter than everyone one here....you got some learning to do dude.

Oh yeah... in the nit world... its actually douche bag... not douch bag. Even spell check catches that......
I can't believe you guys are even responding to this cretin.
Jimmy all you "own" is a big mouth.

You douchbags think anyone is paying the least attention to any of you or is cowed by your childish behavior?

Were I not tied up with a copyright infringement issue right now, I might repost that list and all you could do would be to carry on like the keyboard commando wannabes you are. The very fact that you are "stalking" my posts just proves how you crave attention and mutual admiration. Sad truth is nobody cares about any of you and among any population of 20,000+ there are bound to be a few unhinged folks. So adios to this thread, see you when I want to and on MY terms. (LAFFIN)

Awwww.....go [bleep] yourself cry baby.

An ugly ass boat paddle is about all that thing is good for.

You on the other hand, have absolutely no good use whatsoever.......

"douche bag" is two words BTW, and with an "e".
grin grinHaha you diaper wearin bitch i knew you would have to look
Oldman. just had to look. what happen to ignore laugh we own ya bitch
I "wannabe" on ignore.........too.

Also good write up in new G&A on the direct impingement ARs and all the stories surrounding them. Never fought with one but the four I owned have never hiccuped on the range or in the hunting field. Good read, be interesting to hear from some who have carried it in harm's way.

I was in Nam every month to get the tax break and was there the day before Tet, would probably be dead had I not left.

Now that right there is funny.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I can't believe you guys are even responding to this cretin.

What the hell are we to do, keep ignoring Lee24 under his new name? I enjoy it when I have time. If it gets under ya skin, I'd say ignore it too.

Doesn't bother me, I've seen many more like him/them and they always hang themselves/go away. Kinda fun to see it work itself that direction.
Funny that diaper boy says we are on ignore but then he just has to look and see what was said grin oldman . we own ya bitch and you know it grin grin
Funny he hasn't ignored me that I"m aware of anyway, IE no nasty PM messages.
well if'n your feeling left out I might ignore ya grin
diaper boy really only ignores someone until they make a post about him, then he just has to look, sort of like an attention whore grin
Well if you'ld pass up $500/month tax free back when my new Porsche cost $5500, then I guess you are a lot smarter than I.

You served where and when? (GRIN)
PM quote from oldman.....keep pirating my threads and you can join the others.

I guess I can't post my opinions now. Dang.
jeff, your almost there grin

If that MR-1 is such a great weapon, it would use all mil-spec magazine, not just some.
Pirating is robbing. Not sure how I rob these threads only with comments and questions.

Ya know there are a lot of fugly comments on the MR... but that doesnt make or break the rifle... anyone remember how FUGLY the AR was when it first came out? Dang fugly.... Still is to me mostly, its just that its an ideal platform.

But I hear ya on the milspec mag issues.... thats just crazy. I"ve seen a couple of AR lowers do the same thing... that makes those lowers PURE JUNK IMHO>
jeff, I hear ya!
I hate to say this but several years ago I had a "Colt" Hbar that would not seat a Beta-Mag, why I don't know, it worked in all the other AR's and would accept 20's and 30's just fine. Never could figure that one out but I just got over it and moved on.
I pretty much run all sorts of mags through a new AR to check for function and can not recall having a problem over the past several years.
If Benelli was smart they'd stick to the only thing they do well and that is building shotguns. Their rifles are ugly as hell - most would pass as a fake kids toy (all they need is one rap of orange tape around the muzzle. Glad you like them oldman, speaks volumes of your taste.
Actually cfran it speaks volumes for your lack of knowledge. I doubt you ever owned or even shot an R-1. Whether you like the looks or not is a subjective judgement. Insofar as form, function, reliability, accuracy and workmanship, Benelli azz whups the competition. Ask the Marines.
I think this reprsents "reasonable accuracy" for a hot load from a 270 WSM shooting a bullet hardly known as a tack driver.(there are 5 holes in there)
Perhaps when you've been at it as long as I have you'll learn that Italian design rules the world and Benelli has never made a bad gun.

[Linked Image]
I am relatively sure the first photograph in the OP is stolen from another website and is copywrited. You better remove it before you get turned into Pederson Publishing....

[Linked Image]
So diaper boy, WTF has your 270wizz bang got to do with that plastic POS MR-1

Are you off your Meds again or what. Geeez grin I know its hard to do but try to stay on subject

Actually cfran it speaks volumes for your lack of knowledge. I doubt you ever owned or even shot an R-1. Whether you like the looks or not is a subjective judgement. Insofar as form, function, reliability, accuracy and workmanship, Benelli azz whups the competition. Ask the Marines.
I think this reprsents "reasonable accuracy" for a hot load from a 270 WSM shooting a bullet hardly known as a tack driver.(there are 5 holes in there)
Perhaps when you've been at it as long as I have you'll learn that Italian design rules the world and Benelli has never made a bad gun.

[Linked Image]
jimmy he missed his Ensure and prozac this mnorning......
I was wondering, maybe the MR one came out in 270 wsm. I can't stand the .277 caliber for some reason, but bring it in 7wsm and I might even look.

Also it seems funny that if Italians are the best, what scopes do they make? What brass/bullets etc do they make and export and why have I been able to make do without Italian all these years and win matches to boot and kill what I want to?
Well I like Italian dressing on my salad grin and Italian women can sometimes be really hot crazy
Originally Posted by jimmyd223
Italian women can sometimes be really hot crazy

Got that schit right! laugh laugh
Originally Posted by jimmyd223
Well I like Italian dressing on my salad grin and Italian women can sometimes be really hot crazy

I was thinking that about the women but decided to pass on the comment...

[Linked Image]

OLDMAN 1942, It must be rough knowing you are far past the pinnacle of your life and the only thing people have to say about you is what an azzhole you are. I can see the OLDMAN 1942 obituary now.

"OLDMAN 1942 died. Nobody cried, nobody cared, many were glad to know he is dead. Good riddance."

Many try to leave a positive mark on the world and make it a better place, or change someones life for the better. OLDMAN has only left a stain.

Who is this lady anyhow?
© 24hourcampfire