Home
Has anyone used the RRA one piece 30mm High Rise scope mount? If you have, what do you think? The price seems to be be very fair. I have a 30mm Classic Extreme Illuminated that I am going to mount on a RRA AR and would welcome scope mount recommendations. Thanks
RR mounts are very solid and work well, might be a tad on the heavy side but not by much.
I have a RR one piece and love it. Solid, just the right height for my 44mm Obj lens scope, great price, and returns to zero.
What more could I ask for?

Ed
I believe they are a little taller than the other 1 piece mounts. I've heard some comments that they were a little too high for them. Depends on how you like your cheek weld, I guess.

TWR has posted a mount comparison link here several times lately. Maybe you can dig it up, and get a feel for what's available. Good luck, I agree, it looks like a great mount for the price.
http://www.maxicon.com/guns/optics/one_piece/ar15_onepiece_mounts.htm
Thanks for your feed back and the link to the AR mounts is extremely helpful. Gregory
I have one, its a solid mount.
I have the 1" and I really like it, good solid mount, the only thing I don't like i the thumb screws, but I have hex nuts to replace them.

[Linked Image]
Gentleman,

I'm digging up an oldie cause I need some more info on these mounts:

How much forward offset do these give? I need some to place the rear eye-piece just forward of the CH and over the gen 2 MBUS.

Thanks
I have one [1" size] on my LAR-308 and it's very studdy and stays put regardless of recoil. For $50 I don't know how you can beat it.
To answer your question, depending on scope they should work fine. I used them years ago and never had any problems getting the scope's ocular lense in front of the charging handle and I always used BUIS's.

I do know that the LaRue LT104's I use now fit your requirements.
I know enough to know that if I could afford to go the Larue route I wouldn't be asking these questions as RRA wouldn't be in the picture. LaRue is flat out top notch and I wish I was able to go that route. There will be a day I suppose...Thanks all.

I am pretty sure that the RRA won't fit on the upper receiver's rail with the Magpul MBUS gen 2 BUIS, and I don't know that I trust my forend top rail to be aligned perfectly as to allow the RRA to be mounted on both. Well, I should say I dont know that I trust my installation of it for that kind of precision (Daniel Defense Omega 7" two piece free float drop-in). So, I think I will capitulate to the Burris PEPR-I know it fits the bill, or Nikon M223-I think it will fit the bill, whichever I can find used in my $ range...damn budget constraints.

Any suggestions are appreciated, take care ya'll.

68W
Originally Posted by gregory
Has anyone used the RRA one piece 30mm High Rise scope mount? If you have, what do you think? The price seems to be be very fair. I have a 30mm Classic Extreme Illuminated that I am going to mount on a RRA AR and would welcome scope mount recommendations. Thanks

I have one of their mounts. I use it to trade off a Leup 2-7 with a NF 1-4 which is mounted in a LaRue Lt-104. It works great.
Here a RRA high rise mount installed on my LAR-8 with a 40MM 1" scope. I have the mount backwards due to the eye relief of the scope, but you can see there is plenty of room under it.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire