Home
Posted By: BMT Looking for OD green A2 buttstock - 01/23/11
For my 308 rifle.

Should be a "commercial" tube not mil spec.

Any tips?

NOTE: Buffer tube size is same for 223 and 308, different internals.

BMT
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=2319210459
Use this one better than the A2

Try RR
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=296
Thanks, but don't want a "contraption" on this rifle. So no magpu;.

RRA YEE HAW!

I want sturdy and simple.

BMT
I personally like the four or six position stocks on my AR's lets me adjust for cloths
Commercial and mil-spec receiver extensions only pertain to collapsible stocks. A2 receiver extensions are A2 receiver extensions.
Originally Posted by bea175
I personally like the four or six position stocks on my AR's lets me adjust for cloths

Have a MagPul -- Nice, but STRUDY if the word here. I break collapsibles in my life.

BMT
Originally Posted by Hound_va
Commercial and mil-spec receiver extensions only pertain to collapsible stocks. A2 receiver extensions are A2 receiver extensions.

Thank you.
I have bought alot of parts from a company called PK Firearms. They have OD Green A2 stocks listed on their website. I plan on picking up a couple myself.
ar 15 .com has an equipment exchange and those are for sale all the time.
I do believe that I have one laying around here that saw service in Nam. Reckon it would work?
Originally Posted by LongRanger280
I do believe that I have one laying around here that saw service in Nam. Reckon it would work?

Thank you.

Its hard to know if it would fit.

Though, fiberglass degrades over time too.

BMT
If it saw service in Nam, it would be an A1 stock. While the shorter stock is a better option for most, the material used wasn't as stout if that matters.
Was looking for "hell for stout" tough A2 stocks.

BMT
Originally Posted by LongRanger280

An A2 in service in Vietnam? Are you sure you don't have the shorter A1?
© 24hourcampfire