Home
Posted By: Ready "Evil guns" - 05/12/11
The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with.'

Douglas Adams "The restaurant at the end of the universe"

FYI
Posted By: rost495 Re: "Evil guns" - 05/12/11
another worthless swipe at us unfortunately.

Seems none of the anti idiots want to realize the original AR15 type was called a Brown Bess Musket. Hanging over many fireplaces. And used like you can the AR... for anything from paper punching to varmints, to big game to 2 legged vermin.

Sounds like Jim Dumbo would have written it.
Posted By: passport Re: "Evil guns" - 05/12/11
There evil alright............. just look at my bank account and that is proof ALL guns are evil money sucking machines. Or is it the fire here that is evil?

You know befor I came here I thought my guns and hunting gear was ok..... smile
Posted By: bea175 Re: "Evil guns" - 05/12/11
There is no such thing as Evil Guns or Evil Tools , only Evil Men and Women. I have never seen a Gun get up by itself and go out and hurt someone. Only Fools and Idiots blame tools for what evil people do.

No better saying than, God created Men and Colonel Colt made them Equal
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: "Evil guns" - 05/12/11
Well. I asked the local city C of Police why he didn`t carry an AR...he had instead a mini-14 in the squad car. He said it was because the ARs` looked "way to scary" to the general public. Evidently policy in our neck of the woods.
I said "Hell, their supposed to look scary". He just smiled.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: "Evil guns" - 05/12/11
If I were on the business end, I would be scared of an M14 (or its miniaturized kin) just the same...
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: "Evil guns" - 05/12/11
No argument there...just thought "scary" would be a crime stopper.
Posted By: rost495 Re: "Evil guns" - 05/12/11
THats just exactly how messed up our society is these days.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: "Evil guns" - 05/13/11
not sure why you would bring up something from a book some 30+ years old, by a fairly obscure writer.
Posted By: oktec60 Re: "Evil guns" - 05/16/11
He must of been talking about AK's
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: "Evil guns" - 05/16/11
When I think of AR's I get all warm and fuzzy. They calm me down and give me peaceful thoughts of like, I dunno, unicorns jumping over clowns and suchlike.
Posted By: gmsemel Re: "Evil guns" - 05/17/11
When ever I see the Nations Service Rifle, I don't own one yet, Or what maybe the next one (H+K-416) I see a thing of beauty. They stand at the head of the pack, for its the rifle that insures our freedoms. They are all that is right and they have done in a lot of evil people over the years.
Posted By: Oldfenderguy Re: "Evil guns" - 05/19/11
Originally Posted by oktec60
He must of been talking about AK's

Hey Now!!!!!

I don't think my custom AK-103 (upgraded version of the older AK-47) is all that 'evil looking'.....

But I guess some might think so.... crazy

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire