Home
Posted By: iambrb Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/04/11
Ok, so I bought this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=263114807

and I picked it up today - it far exceeds it's value! This unit is very well made, the stock has very minimal wobble, and the pull is smootha and about 5-6pounds I think! Just a heads up that this is a wonderful deal, if you too are looking!
Looks good.What a great price.

Stan in SC
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/06/11
Can you post some pics? I'm between this and a Plumcrazy lower. I'd like to see how that OD green looks
Posted By: iambrb Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/06/11
I have already stripped the original stuff off to go to MOE furniture, but it is virtually the same as the Magpul MOE, color-wise. I will post pics, but it will be next week.
Posted By: iambrb Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/06/11
[Linked Image]

I have this and a PlumCrazy, I am a PC proponent, and while the PC has a slightlylighter/better trigger, but not too much. i think i may begrudgily admit that this is preferred of the two!
I have purchased 2 of these SA lowers from Karri - she is first class and so are the lowers. They are manufactured by aero precision, which is a top producer of lowers in this industry. Their mark is the keyhole. They manufacture lowers for lots of "manufacturers".

Bryant
Posted By: TWR Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/07/11
The keyhole mark is Cerro forge.
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/09/11
Wonder if they offer them in black or dark earth for the same price? Work won't let me get on GB so I'll have to check it out, but last I saw the black was a little higher ($20-30).
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/12/11
Just placed my order last night. This will be my first AR and I'm using this complete lower with a Surplus Arms and Ammo upper with Black Hole Weaponry barrel.
Posted By: iambrb Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/13/11
I saw that upper/barrel combo and wished I had seen it before I bought my DSA upper, or I would have done so. they have an assembled upper w/18" stripped barrel for $210!
Posted By: iambrb Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/13/11
oh, FWIW, that assembled A3 upper that Karri's/Surplus ammo has is very nice, I am on my 3rd build with it!
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/13/11

where are you guys finding this stuff? I cant find anything on this person.(Karris) Thanks.

http://www.karrisguns.com/

Originally Posted by gunchamp

where are you guys finding this stuff? I cant find anything on this person.(Karris) Thanks.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/14/11
Thank you
Posted By: blairvt Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/14/11
I'm in the Air Force and carried and shot M-4's quite a bit. I just don't understand why they are so expensive. For the money you could get a high polish blued finish, nice walnut stocked bolt action. Can someone enlighten me?
Posted By: iambrb Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/15/11
I actually found them on Gunbroker.

blairvt - they are priced that because they bring that in the market place, plain and simple.
Posted By: blairvt Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/15/11
I'm thinking of making the trip to Columbia to get a Palmetta State Arms one. They seem to be reasonably priced.
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/15/11
Anyone talked to or ordered one of these lowers from Karri's Guns? I ordered and paid the the 11th (Sunday) and included the contact info for my FFL. I emailed Tuesday to make sure that everything was good to go and they said they hadn't received a copy of my FFL holders license (even though all they had to do was pick up the phone and call them for it). They did not mention that they needed a copy of the FFL after I won the auction and contacted them with the name, number and address of my FFL. I emailed them a copy on Tuesday 12/13 and now I can't get in touch with anyone there over the last couple of days via email or phone. I know things come up and all, but if you have a business, it's your responsibility to make sure the customer is taken care of.

Right now I have paid for this lower and nothing to show, nor do I know when it's shipping out. The message on Karri's Guns phone says they will be at a gunshow and unavailable from 12/16-12/19.

I'll post an update if I get a call or email back. As of now I am not too happy with the lack of communication on their end.
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/17/11
Got a call from them...Karri was sick. Its going out at the beginning of next week. I'm still not too happy about the lack of communication but at least I have been updated.
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/24/11
Well another update. Due to the delay in getting my order out from Karri's Guns and USPS running behInd, I won't have this before the holiday. My suggestion for anyone wanting to order from Karri's is to make sure you contac them by phone before placing your order. I ordered and paid on a Sunday night and my lower wasn't shipped until the following Tuesday a week. I place the blame for it not arriving before Christmas solely on the slow handling time from Karri.

Live and learn i suppose but I won't be doing anymore business with them.
Posted By: iambrb Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/24/11
I would think in your past you too had an instance in which you were sick and did something slower than others might have anitcipated. Sounds like a clear case of the same, except the show was on the other foot. Bear in mind that it was s bit before they had the FFL in hand, so they are counting from there _ Sickness

As to slow USPS time, that is how it is, not the fault of the seller. I work in procurement and trust me, the holiday and the closing of offices has slowed shipment of stuff in the USPS system
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Great AR deal - Heads-up! - 12/25/11
While I understand what you are saying, no one was sick the two days after I ordered and paid for my item, nor we're they too sick to attend the local gun show that weekend either. Point is, if you cant get a product out within 2 days of payment, you should contact the buyer and let them know there's goin to be a delay.

The lack of communication on their part is what I'm disappointed in. No one eve answers the phone or returns calls in a timely manner. I suppose that it doesn't help that this was a present from my wife as part of my Christmas and its arriving 2 days later than Christmas despite the fact that it was paid for 2 weeks prior.
© 24hourcampfire