Home
Going to build up a rifle for accuracy only and wanted to know what people were using for triggers.

Thank you.
Jewel can provide variable trigger pull from one pull to another. I don't know if they corrected it ever or not, the original prototypes we tried years ago were very good, the ones I ended up buying were not up to snuff and sold them really quickly.

Bill did his homework on the Giesselle... and I'd buy his over Jewel any day.
Posted By: TWR Re: Jewell Or Geissell Trigger? - 12/12/11
I'll never own another Jewell, ever. I run RR over Jewell.

If I ever get tired of the RR's I'll go Geissell all the way.
Posted By: BarryC Re: Jewell Or Geissell Trigger? - 12/12/11
Neither.

X-Treme.
Posted By: carlm Re: Jewell Or Geissell Trigger? - 12/12/11
I prefer a single stage. Timney 3# skeleton for me.
xtreme looks like it might be worth trying. Damn shame the webpage uses the same models as Smith Ent it looks like, enough to make you want to puke...
Posted By: bea175 Re: Jewell Or Geissell Trigger? - 12/12/11
Neither , Timney or McCormick for me. Stock, Rock River
probably not stock RRA< probably RRA NM?
Originally Posted by rost495

Bill did his homework on the Giesselle... and I'd buy his over Jewel any day.

I have one of the DM/SOCOM (?) triggers I like a lot. I think Midway has them on sale currently for $170.

If you want the ultimate AR trigger, get an AR Gold. It is also probably the safest.
Anybody have a good lead on deals on the RR NM?
If you want the ultimate AR trigger, get an AR Gold. It is also probably the safest.

Ok, so do you have any justification for those statements, anything at all?
Posted By: GAP243 Re: Jewell Or Geissell Trigger? - 12/12/11
AR Gold
I have heard AR gold too, but have never had the pleasure.

That would be the only way, and I keep saying one day it would be nice to buy one of everythign and find out...

But since oldman said gold was gold, Ifigured it was lead.
Posted By: TC1 Re: Jewell Or Geissell Trigger? - 12/12/11
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Anybody have a good lead on deals on the RR NM?

About as good as it gets RRA NM trigger $79

Terry
Thanks Terry.

-Dan
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter

Ok, so do you have any justification for those statements, anything at all?

It has a "back-up sear" of sorts. If it jumps off of the first the second one catches it. You just pull a bit harder and the hammer drops. As far as it being the sweetest, you'll have to decide that for yourself, I have.
be interesting to see a schematic of how that works with a backup safety catch so to speak.
Gentlemen,

I will look into the RR and the AR-Gold triggers too.

Thank you.
Posted By: BarryC Re: Jewell Or Geissell Trigger? - 12/12/11
CMIIW, but I believe that sort of set up is pretty standard on 2 stage triggers or at least triggers on autoloaders.
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid
Gentlemen,

Thank you.

RR proven but always needs tune up work to be best.

AR gold, from what I hear in competition circles, ok, but still not proven to be the best by far.
Gentlemen,

Thank you.

AR gold, from what I hear in competition circles, ok, but still not proven to be the best by far.

I think that's fine; he's obviously not ready for a Geissele.
Gentlemen,

Thank you.

Jeff,

I would be interested in you firing my RR with its' stock trigger and get your opinion as to whether it needs "tuning up". grin

If it does, I REALLY need to look into a good triggersmith.
Not to mention I would need to revise what I consider a good trigger. laugh

Ed
We'll have that beer or coffee one day I know!

I"ve yet to fire a stock one that was the way they can be. But there can always be a first time.

But if you compare factory single stage to a good RRA 2 stage out of the box, yeah I could see why some think the RRA out of the box is fine.

Did I say I was picky about triggers...
Jewell trigger's are the best on the planet.......for a bolt gun.
Not so on an AR platform, I prefer a single stage and like the JP trigger system the best. if you like a 2 stage the Geisselle is the best I have tried. dont understand the love for Timney or RRA
The AR on the right has the Jewell and the one on the left has a Geissele DMR.

[Linked Image]

Carrie says the Jewel works well for her and that is the new version while Amy thinks the Geissele is great.

Amy likes the faster lock time of the HiSpeed DMR while Carrie likes the lower 1st stage weight of the Jewell. She says it helps when running really fast.

Who knows??
But, you can get a lighter first stage from a Geiselle thats not the DMR model as I recall so it could be that Geiselle could win all around.

I forgot about the mucky lock time of the Jewel. Its enough slower you can hear that its slower compared to others.
Posted By: BarryC Re: Jewell Or Geissell Trigger? - 12/13/11
I think the X-treme has the fastest lock time of any AR trigger.
Posted By: TWR Re: Jewell Or Geissell Trigger? - 12/13/11
It's slower cause the hammer sping is light for a great pull... Try a 22 conversion with a Jewell, I had 2 that wouldn't fire a 22LR.
I have an Geissele SD-E and an adjustable Jard trigger. They both break clean. I have not noticed any difference in accuracy between the two for me. I prefer light, single stage triggers, so I'm partial to the Jard, but again, I shoot just as well with the Geissele.

Geissele's claim to fame is their fast lock time.
My Jard breaks at about 1lb or so. I have not officially measured the pull weight.

Both triggers beat the pants off of my ARs with factory triggers.
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
Gentlemen,

Thank you.

I think that's fine; he's obviously not ready for a Geissele.

Uh, not ready huh? That's funny.
Yeah, I thought so too. :-)
Posted By: Skivvy Re: Jewell Or Geissell Trigger? - 12/15/11
FWIW: After pouring through reviews on Geissele, Jewel, and RR, I chose CMC triggers. So far I haven't had a reason to look at another trigger..
© 24hourcampfire