Home
Posted By: Bitman Your Favorite 25 WSSM Load - 01/12/12
I'm putting together a DiTech 25 wssm upper, with a RRA lower.
Looking for your favorite loads.
Not looking for any special bullet weight.
Just want to know what works best in your rifle.
Thanks, Dave
Posted By: Bitman Re: Your Favorite 25 WSSM Load - 01/13/12
Geez, no one shoots an AR chambered in 25 wssm?
Sorry I don't know anyone with a 25wssm AR but I do have a friend that has a browning bolt action in one. Very accurate and powerful cartridge, much like a 25-06.

All I can say is stay away from the winchester 120gr hp (positive expansion point?) if you aim for the shoulders. We were all hunting together opening morning several years ago and he shot a nice buck directly in the shoulder. The deer dropped at the shot, a few moments later he was back up on his feet running. There was no blood so tracking was hopeless, several of us looked for almost an hour anyway. We did find the deer later with the help of the buzzards, it appeared to be a perfectly placed shot just no penitration into the vitals. Either the bullet deflected or just came a part who knows but I wouldn't use em again.

I would use nothing but 110gr accubonds if your gun will handle the length and shot them well.

I have an OlyArms. I shoot a Noslar 100gr BT, 46.5gr of IMR4350 with CCI primer at 3050fps. Mine didn't like the lighter weight bullets. But as good as it shoots this load I can live with it. smile

Hope this helps,
Jerry
alot of info on predator masters or you could email Mike Milli of Dtech he builds them got one it's a shooter but Dtech built it all of his are "shooters" good luck.
Try the following site it is the best I have found:

http://wssmzone.com/main/default.aspx

I love the 25 wssm, but I shoot it in the A-bolt.
Mike puts together some great shooters, but the wssm cartridges can be a bit finicky sometimes when trying to put together a load. Once you do your Dtech will shoot great. As others have said, try wssmzone or predator masters forum for more info.
Don't remember the powder or charge I was shooting in my Dtech but with 100gr TSX's it was deadly on deer and hogs
Posted By: Bitman Re: Your Favorite 25 WSSM Load - 01/28/12
Thanks guys.
I have looked on WSSMZONE and Predators Masters.
I'm working on several different loads right now.
Just wondering if anyone here had a pet load.
© 24hourcampfire