Home
Posted By: okok Upgrade my butt stock ? - 02/25/12
I'm going to remove my Colt factory butt stock, the extra play on it is too annoying. Any ideas on something that will be smoother? I'm not wanting to spend 300.00, maybe in the 150-200 range? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'd look hard at Magpull's new VLTOR clone or that new stock that Bill Rodgers just designed. You can see Bill's stock at his website:

http://www.rogersshootingschool.com/videos.php
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Upgrade my butt stock ? - 02/25/12
I put a Magpul ACS on my house AR, CMMG lower. So far it works pretty well, adjusts easily and locks up tight. There is a small amount of storage for batteries and other doo-dads, FWIW
Posted By: BESpain Re: Upgrade my butt stock ? - 02/25/12
that Roger's stock looks awesome. Thanks for the link
Posted By: TWR Re: Upgrade my butt stock ? - 02/25/12
I like the Magpuls CTR stocks okay but nothing beats the SOPMOD stocks especially now that they can be had for $100
www.gandrtactical.com look up enhanced SOPMOD stock
Posted By: bea175 Re: Upgrade my butt stock ? - 02/25/12
Magpul CRT
Posted By: TXRam Re: Upgrade my butt stock ? - 02/25/12
Originally Posted by TWR
I like the Magpuls CTR stocks okay but nothing beats the SOPMOD stocks especially now that they can be had for $100
www.gandrtactical.com look up enhanced SOPMOD stock

Dang!!! Have you tried one? Are they as good as the LMT produced SOPMOD stocks?
I have LMT's but haven't compared these myself. Grant at G&R syas they are the same they come from BS Systems and as of 09 they have the USGI contract for them.

I'm pretty sure KAC is who molded LMT's anyway. BS Systems has them in several colors, I figure Grant will get something besides black soon enough. When he does I'll replace my CTR I think, tired of it pulling my mustache out and there's no comparison to the cheekweld.
Posted By: TXRam Re: Upgrade my butt stock ? - 02/25/12
Yeah, I've got a couple of the LMT's, but they were a "little" more than $100 . . .
Oh I know, I have 3 of my own and have sold a few more.

The sad part is, the govt gives next to nothing for them.
© 24hourcampfire