Home
Shot this 5 shot group at 300 yards after getting it sighted in.

[Linked Image]

Best part is, that's using Hornady 55gr Steel Match ammo. Not bad! grin

Bad thing is, my knothead son is already trying to steal it from me!
[Linked Image]

Crappy cell phone pic...
[Linked Image]

Also shot my 6.5 Grendel for the first time. Due to an impending move, I've had to buy factory ammo for the first time in forever. The 129gr SST load from Alexander Arms didn't shoot so great, but the 120gr Ballistic Tip load was decent shooting under 4" at 300.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
nice rifles, nice shooting, what power is the NF scope on the 5.56?
The new toy looks impressive.

Keep an eye on that tricycle motor! grin

Terry
Originally Posted by jimmyp
nice rifles, nice shooting, what power is the NF scope on the 5.56?

They're both wearing 3.5-15x50 Nightforce scopes. Both are mil/mil which is a whole new concept to me!

Originally Posted by TC1
The new toy looks impressive.

Keep an eye on that tricycle motor! grin

Terry

Thanks Terry. The boy is a handful that's for sure. His sister was a piece of cake compared to him!
What barrel brand on the 6.5?

Thats what I've come to expect from John's bunch at WOP....
Originally Posted by rost495
What barrel brand on the 6.5?

Thats what I've come to expect from John's bunch at WOP....

Barrel on the 6.5 (technically a 264LBC) is a 1:8" Lilja. Upper was built by Specialized Dynamics ( scottmilk9 on the Hide). 19.5" barrel, threaded 5/8-24. Can't wait to put my suppressor on it (whenever it is that it finally gets here).

The guys/gals at WOP are great. They were a pleasure to deal with, and their prices are great for what you get.
WOA has done a fine job for me both on a .223 and a 6.8 upper. Nary a hitch with ordering or the delivered product. If I do another they'll get the "nod". grin
interesting on the 6.5. Factory ammo is never what handloads are is for sure. I was just hoping it wasn't a walther barrel and you have that covered...
On it's first trip out and with factory ammo. I wouldn't worry about it one bit.

Terry
I'm planning on shooting mainly 100s out of the 264, both TTSXs and the Amax. Got plenty of brass, just need to get moved and get my stuff set up to do some loading.
Which .223 upper did you get?
It's a Varmint upper with a SPR contour barrel.
Originally Posted by clark98ut
It's a Varmint upper with a SPR contour barrel.

I've got the same thing on order but with the SDM barrel. Your post isn't doing my patience any good. smile
WOA is the best! I will never buy any other uppers again.
Originally Posted by guyandarifle

I've got the same thing on order but with the SDM barrel. Your post isn't doing my patience any good. smile

You think the WOA wait is bad, try waiting on the federal government to approve you for a couple of suppressors that you've already paid for!
Good shooting, What does your 223 weigh, and do you know what the barrel mics at the muzzle?
It's close to 10lbs with the big Nightforce on it. I haven't weighed it with that particular scope, but with the 2.5-10x24 Nighforce on it, it weighed 9lbs 9oz.

I'd have to measure the barrel, but I want to say it's .7ish. If nobody else chimes in, I'll measure when I get home.
Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I'm going to order.
probably .720 if I'd have to guess
.750 is my guess....
If it's a straight contour out from the .750 gas block, I'd say .750". wink

So, mil/mil...mil dot? Help me out here...

If it's a mil dot, you likey?
It means his scope has a mil based reticle (mil dot or MLR) and has 1/10 mil adjustments as opposed to many scopes being mil-dot reticle and 1/4 MOA adjustments. Its the way a mil based scope should be set up. Either mil/mil or moa/moa, as long as they match it doesn't really matter.
The biggest difference for someone who doesn't actually range with the reticle is a mil turret will move the reticle roughly 1/3" per click at 100yds as opposed to a MOA turret which moves the reticle approximately 1/4" per click at 100yds.

Terry
Originally Posted by CBMJR
It means his scope has a mil based reticle (mil dot or MLR) and has 1/10 mil adjustments as opposed to many scopes being mil-dot reticle and 1/4 MOA adjustments. Its the way a mil based scope should be set up. Either mil/mil or moa/moa, as long as they match it doesn't really matter.

Thanks for that explanation.
What those guys said. grin

Both of my 3.5-15x50s have the MLR reticle. My 5.5-22x56 has 1/4 MOA adjustments and the NP-2DD reticle. All of them have Zero Stops.
© 24hourcampfire