Home
Seeing as how there may or may not be a ban in the upcoming year...I'm of the mind that I'd rather be sitting with an extra AR if it happens than without...never been an AR guy just can't stand the fact of someone telling me I can't/I don't like the thought of a possible intruder having an advantage on me. That being said I got the home defense part squared away and now have an opportunity for the DPMS 24" .223/556 in the $1K ballpark. Sucker is heavy..although I'm a bug guy. I'm on the fence...what say you?
I'd mostly be using it for coyotes and varmint type shooting...but I'm still a "bolts are for accuracy" kind of thinker...and "only accurate rifles are interesting"!???! But capacity is also a viable option! I also reload if that matters?
By all means do it. I think you will be pleasantly surprized how well it shoots. MAGNUM MAN
For folks "in the know"...is the 1:9 twist at 24" alright for a semi in this caliber?
Kreiger makes barrels for DPMS rifles also so you can have it rebarreled in just about any caliber between 223 AND 30 cal that will fit the short action. I shoot the DPMS LR 338 federal which will shoot a sub 1" group at 100 yrds and is a great brush gun with the 18" barrel.
not doubting you at all 264wm but i just saw something that said DPMS made their own barrels? Maybe old video I saw? Good point though on the rebarreling! hadn't made it that far! Hope the gun is still there tomorrow! think i'm getting it barring any huge info here?
Originally Posted by 264wm
Kreiger makes barrels for DPMS rifles

Are you saying you can buy a new DPMS WITH a Kreiger? If so, that is news to me.
the bushmaster varmint special has a 24" stainless 1 in 9 and shoots 50 to 62 grn verry accuratly dont know about other weight bullets
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by 264wm
Kreiger makes barrels for DPMS rifles

Are you saying you can buy a new DPMS WITH a Kreiger? If so, that is news to me.

Read what I said again as I stated rebarreled. You can provide the upper and they will make a barrel for it.
The DPMS 1/9 24" bull barrel will shoot. Try Federal Gold Medal 69 SMK's, they will shoot tight right out of the box. If you reload, you will find a good group using 69 Sierra Match Kings and Varget.
© 24hourcampfire