Home
What is a fair price for a Colt HBar in excellent condition? Less than a 1000 rounds through it? I am wanting to sell mine.
Flattop HBAR A3 type or fixed carry handle A2 type?
Handle type sorry!
If it has large pins and a trigger block, about $800.
NO problem at all and no need to apologize Friend.

A fixed carry handle upper receiver is not as popular as a flattop for various reasons. It does not mean it is not a bad gun though.

Prices have started to level back off in the last week or so from what I have seen on gunbroker and elsewhere. Lots of people asking crazy prices, just not getting them. Lots of rifles are getting selling in the ranges elevated a few hundred over what they were a few months ago.

I would figure a 20" HBAR A2 type at $1000 right now to the right person should not be too hard.
I think it does since it can not be made full auto. Thanks! $20. for 30 round mags reasonable for metal army mags?
The trick is finding the right person! lol smile

As far as mags go, there was a thread on here about mags for 17 or 18 bucks a few threads down. It may be worth looking into.
If you don't have any magazines, $20 is not too much to pay for them. I wouldn't buy a lot at that price however.
From what I read, the regular solder carries about 200 rounds, 6-30 round mags on him and one in the rifle. Special forces carry either 300 or 400 rounds. So, I say buy enough magazines for what you would carry on you in a SHTF situation. Load your spare ammo on 10 round strippers and get a couple of loaders to fit to the magazines and put the loaded stripper clips in to just push down with your thumb for speed loading the magazines. A 30 caliber ammo can can carry 500 rounds in stripper clips.

There is nothing wrong with a handled upper. You can add a rail on the upper handle that attaches through a hole in the upper. One can still see the iron sights. You can also change the front handguards and installed railed handguards for various attachments. I have a handled upper with a rail on top with a scope. Kind of tall, but it works with low scope mounts. My upper rail has rails on each side if I want to mount anything else like a flashlight or laser. Sometimes too much is too much add ons, but it is doable. One can also buy another upper and sell the handled upper.
$20 for mil-surplus magazines is fair, and a decent deal if they have the newer green anti-tilt followers. I agree on the price level-out, seems prices are holding at about double with some selling, and the triple mark-ups are still for sale.
© 24hourcampfire