Home
Friends-

I am in the process of piecing together an AR-15 in 5.56 NATO. I have a barrel in the works at Krieger. Now I am in the market for a Bolt Carrier Group (BCG). What brand should I be looking for? There seems to be a number available. What is the best value out there?

Thanks in advance.

"There seem to be a number available...."? This is a silly-assed joke right?
Too many variables since you asked for the best "value". How much do you have to spend? If money is no issue, Colt or Daniel Defense. Expect a wait for either. kwg
BCM along with many others
Agreed - there are many available for an inflated price. GB has about 9-10 pages of BCGs for sale, some of the prices are tending downward finally.

Your best option would be to ask Krieger if they will match a bolt to your barrel, such as White Oak Armament does.

I'd buy a carrier that matches the brand of your upper.

There are surprisingly few actual manufacturers of BCG's, which is why there is a lack of them in the market place.
Fail Zero carrier and bolt finished with Nickle Boron is a good one .
Originally Posted by bea175
Fail Zero carrier and bolt finished with Nickle Boron is a good one .

It is, and it isn't. It won't rust, that's for sure, but it is so slick that it won't hold oil. Sort of like pouring oil on a mirror, and then applying hot gas to it, it quickly blows away and evaporates. I know people who've used them in the middle east and their (Fail Zero's) claims that they will run, sans oil, are BS, at least in that environment. I'm thinking it might be THE way to go in a cold climate, but that is pure subjecture on my part, I really have no idea.
I like Ion Bonded BCG.

You can't go wrong with BCM, Colt, LMT or D.D..
BCM sent me an update yesterday (might be too late now) that they had carriers back in stock. I like running an auto carrier for the extra weight.

BCM's price is $225 with a $50 NRA donation
Accuracy wise I've gotten the best results with the young national match bolt carriers.

A little more about them. LINK
tony'ar's a custom ar builder has sellin tons of them at local gun shows for 150.00 to the public and 115.00 to dealers.
Originally Posted by srwshooter
tony'ar's a custom ar builder has sellin tons of them at local gun shows for 150.00 to the public and 115.00 to dealers.

My 20" heavy barrel AR is a Tony's Custom Upper with a 1/8" twist. Shoots very well, have had no issues with the BCG (which is his). Very pleased with my purchase. I did not purchase it through him, but on GB 4 years ago and like it alot.
Friends-

First of all, thank you all for your responses. I am a complete "newbie" to this platform of rifles, so, I will ask a lot of what might appear to be stupid questions, thus, I appreciate everyone's patience. Kletzenklueffer, thanks for your recommendation; I have a BCM auto BCG on order. Got it off of GB. I was not manhandled too badly. TC1, glad to see you come to my rescue, old friend.

More questions to come.

Thanks,
© 24hourcampfire