Home
Posted By: 25-06 Lilja Camoing a AR - 01/19/14
I bought a Rock River Predator Pursuit to hunt coyotes with. I'm thinking about having it dipped in a camo pattern. Is there any cons when doing this. Will it depreciate the value of the rifle?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Camoing a AR - 01/19/14
You will not get a return on the dip but if it looks good you will be able to sell the gun for what its worth.
Posted By: pira114 Re: Camoing a AR - 01/28/14
Arevoe rattle can. Easy to do and touch up whenever you want. Cheapest way also.

But I've never cared about resale value. Dont plan to sell any and I much prefer they work how I want them to when I'm using them. Dips look cool and work in specific environments. But painting them is easier cheaper and can be changed depending on anticipated environment.

Posted By: srwshooter Re: Camoing a AR - 01/28/14
just do the furniture,stock,forearm and grip. then you can change it back to black for resale.

Posted By: crackerboy Re: Camoing a AR - 01/28/14
Had my FNAR dipped in a watercolor transfer procedure--I like it a lot-- also had a couple of mags done as well but shouldn't have done the entire mag because they want to stick in the mag well
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Camoing a AR - 01/28/14
I would have all the furniture and receivers in Kryptek. Leave the barrel and other parts black. That would look pretty slick IMO.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Camoing a AR - 02/03/14
As for resale, I don�t sell my guns. I camoed this one in Flecktarn to match my gear. I used my Airbrush on this one. Thinking of doing my DPMS Lr308 in the same pattern.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 16penny Re: Camoing a AR - 02/03/14
I thought about painting my coyote rifle varmint special with the stainless barell but have been useing mc nat camo wrap for a couple of years nad just pull it off once a year to clean and oil it really protects the metal but i live in the desert and it might nit work so well in a really humid enviornment
Posted By: 16penny Re: Camoing a AR - 02/03/14
I thought about painting my coyote rifle varmint special with the stainless barell but have been useing mc nat camo wrap for a couple of years nad just pull it off once a year to clean and oil it really protects the metal but i live in the desert and it might nit work so well in a really humid enviornment
Posted By: bea175 Re: Camoing a AR - 02/03/14
Even with SS un-coated barrels on a AR i have never had a coyote spot me because this . I do think the rifle looks better in camo.
Posted By: TWR Re: Camoing a AR - 02/03/14
I prefer a SS barrel bead blasted and paint the rest of it. It don't take nothing special.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Camoing a AR - 02/03/14
I have never had a problem with a black gun, I did lose a camo'ed knife once in the woods so don't care for it.
© 24hourcampfire