Home
Anyone tried one of these? I have always been a big fan of the ACE LTD ARFX stock. They look a little funny but are very comfortable. These have worked great for me over the years but have recently run into a problem with them. About 6 months ago I had a recoil pad seperate on mine. No big deal it was about 6 years old and this ain't a mil-spec part. I ordered another pad for about $10 from ACE and put it on. Life was good again. Now only 6 months later the new pad is seperating again! One every 6 years is acceptable in my book. 2 a year isn't so I'm looking for a replacement for the ACE LTD ARFX.

Any thoughts on the Magpul MOE rifle stock? The non-adjustable version is what I'm looking at.

Terry
How does the ACE pad attach? FWIW, I put a flip flop pad on a Remington 700 with JB Weld and it's held for years. Might be worth a try if you really like the ACE.

I've never used the fixed Magpul stock.
It's a soft rubber pad that has metal inserts in it. The stock screws catch these inserts and hold the pad to the stock. The problem comes from the inserts pulling though the rubber on the front of the pad and the pad "peels" off. I could just glue the rubber pad on but I'm sure I would make a mess of it. Plus the pad doesn't have a hard backing, the glue would go on soft rubber.

I might give that a try but right now I'm leaning towards a replacement.
Use some 3m glue the yellow stuff stays pliable.

The Magpul stock looks better (I was never a fan of Ace stocks) but I haven't tried one. I kinda quit playing with the new AR stuff.

I have been wanting to try this on my .308 which currently has a ACS on it. I like the design and weight of the MOE rifle stock.
Like this? I love this stock!

[Linked Image]
I like the RRA operator stocks. they use a commercial tube and extend longer than most stocks, works great for me.
From the receiver to the butt pad, my LMT mil spec stock and extension measure 11 1/4". How much further does the RR measure?
Originally Posted by TWR
I kinda quit playing with the new AR stuff.

If we all had copies of your Fauxneske, we would too.
I really like the MOE rifle stock. Been using it quite a bit and much prefer it to a collapsible stock. You also get to use the rifle spring and buffer.

Win Win.

[Linked Image]
Thanks Blue.

Fauneske, I like that.

Using the rifle spring and buffer is a plus.
Another vote for the MOE, though I have a split between MOE and ACE stocks on rifles now. I like both, but the MOE is the better hunting rifle choice for me.
What is LOP? I like the way it looks. Back to the future part 2, everyone wants a fixed stock now!
Not everyone...
i dont want a fixed either but thats mostly cause the wife and i are shooting the same gun......if i get around to building my own gun that may change....or may not.....being able to collapse the stock is handy for a truck gun grin
Originally Posted by jimmyp
What is LOP? I like the way it looks. Back to the future part 2, everyone wants a fixed stock now!

LOP is 13 5/8 by my tape.

Here is Wyoming Governor Matt Mead checking one out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
You can also buy a thicker butt pad to get I believe another 5/8".
Sorry not 5/8", 3/4".
Originally Posted by jimmyp

I've been using rifle stocks almost exclusively for the last 10-12 years and now I'm trendy. It took long enough laugh
that magpul fixed stock looks like it would work great with a rear bag shooting off a bench.
Originally Posted by TWR
Not everyone...

same here
What's the weight comparison of the two stocks being compared here?
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
What's the weight comparison of the two stocks being compared here?

A.C.E. ARFX 10.9 oz
Magpul M.O.E. 14.0 oz and you can feel it.

I picked a MOE yesterday and these are my initial impressions and comparison. The Magpul stock is heavier and you can tell the difference in hand and installed on the rifle. The ACE ARFX buttpad has less of an angle in relation to the bore which feels a lot more comfortable. The Magul MOE stock has a shorter LOP which is OK after the optics were moved foward to compensate for it. The Magpul MOE wins hands down in the looks dept and the ACE ARFX wins hands down in shooter comfort. I actually prefer the longer LOP the ARFX offers but I can live with either.
Magpul M.O.E.
[Linked Image]

A.C.E. LTD ARFX
[Linked Image]
Do any of you using the Magpul rifle stock feel that it brings anything significant to the table, compared to the standard A2 rifle stock?

Just curious. I dabbled with the Magpul MOE collapsible stock, but after a while I've migrated back to the regular A2, 20" bbls, and rifle gas/buffer systems. I think the the govt might have been onto something there....grin
Initial impressions, no. That said an A2 isn't any better either, price or function.
Thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking just looking at the Magpul rifle stock.

I had my A2's in my AR 'extra parts box', so I just brought them back out and remounted them.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Do any of you using the Magpul rifle stock feel that it brings anything significant to the table, compared to the standard A2 rifle stock?

Just curious. I dabbled with the Magpul MOE collapsible stock, but after a while I've migrated back to the regular A2, 20" bbls, and rifle gas/buffer systems. I think the the govt might have been onto something there....grin

The biggest advantage is in the field shooting from prone. The extra material at the toe helps if you shoot with the stock on your support hand.

[Linked Image]

One other advantage is the sling loop that is molded in to the stock. If you run a 2 point it works pretty well and you can skip any extra hardware. There are also 2 molded in recesses that allow a QD cup to be attached if you prefer that type of mount.

[Linked Image]
The A2's were too long for me, NTCH shooter, I wish they made a stronger A1 stock. It would be nice to add a 20" rifle to the mix...
Thanks John, those are good features.
Well I just sold a CTR to fund one of these bad boys for my .308. I like the looks of the features better than a A2. QD sling cups, flat surface for bag to ride on, decent cheek weld, new trap door design.... Looks much better than the A2 on paper.
The A1 stocks were good, why they changed to the A2 length is beyond me.

I have two of the ACE ARFX, I like them, though I'm not sure how well they would hold up outside of occasional hunting.

I did order one of these MOE's today to take a look at it.
When setting up my AR I specifically wanted a fixed stock. I liked the ACE but chose the MOE for its shorter length of pull. I like how it fits me and the storage compartment is handy to have.
© 24hourcampfire