Home
Posted By: OldRook .50 Beowulf reloading/ammo? - 01/09/16
Howdy. Received an Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf for Christmas. And thankfully a few boxes of ammo!! I am not a black gun guy at all, own a few but not my thing. Any suggestions on Brass source and components? Any experienced owners/shooters out there?
Posted By: RickyD Re: .50 Beowulf reloading/ammo? - 01/11/16
I've always bought brass from AA. Dies, too. They also offer a case gauge which has proved very helpful for me. I'd highly recommend it. When I bought my dies and brass, AA was the only one offering those items.

I have loads worked up from a 275 grain Barnes to 375 Barnes, all using 1680. I've had good luck with other powders, too, including Lil Gun, but moved to 1680 from the Lil Gun negatives that came out regarding high heat generation and eroded throats.

One thing to pay close attention to with the Beowulf, is it must be primed with Large Pistol primers. Never use a rifle primer. Rifle primers, being slightly taller than pistol primers, will not allow the action to return to battery.
+1

I've had good luck with Lil Gun and Hdy's 350HP.
Posted By: RickyD Re: .50 Beowulf reloading/ammo? - 01/11/16
I've loaded the 350 Hornady's, too. I've also loaded 325 and 375 Barnes, 334 Rainer's, and 300 Gold Dots. I have some 400 grain hard cast to try, too but haven't gotten to those yet. It's a very fun gun to shoot. Accurate, too.
I bet those 400s will be mean, real mean.
Appreciate the info guys!!
© 24hourcampfire